Notifications

Go to solution Solved by Marty,

I wonder if you have a change request list? Having been here a little while and engaging with authors and others, commenting on story chapters, which I love. The one thing I find frustrating is the notifications list you see under the little bell when you log in. I find a long list of comments and reactions and want to check them all and not miss someone. But what happens is, you click the highlighted bold comment in the list, the last new comment you haven't looked at. You go and read, maybe reply. You come back to the notifications and all notifications are now marked as read, that is no longer bold. This makes it very difficult to know which notifications you have read. It is like receiving twenty emails overnight, opening the first, and all twenty are marked as read. If that could be changed it would be a big improvement. That's my request for the future.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

It may be an auto feature that marks the notifications read after opening then closing the list.

There is something that you can do. Each notification has a date/time stamp listed. Make note of it, then you can go back thru the list and end with that stamp noted.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Talonriders suggestion is one way, or you can use the link at the bottom of your notifications to view them all,  right click on the notification and open whatever one you want to view in a new tab so you can keep the list open in the original tab so the page doesn't refresh and change to show all the links as viewed.

Just an fyi, we get the software for the majority of the site from IP Board. The only "customized" area (that we can control) of the site for features is our Stories Archive area which is totally original, custom designed, and something GA has to pay to update so it will work with IP Board's features when they change or update their forum software that we pay to use for the site. The rest we have to make work within their framework. 

• Like 4
  • Solution
3 hours ago, Cia said:

Talonriders suggestion is one way, or you can use the link at the bottom of your notifications to view them all,  right click on the notification and open whatever one you want to view in a new tab so you can keep the list open in the original tab so the page doesn't refresh and change to show all the links as viewed.

I have circled (in red) in the image below, the link at the bottom of your notifications tab that Cia is talking about, @Talo Segura.

I'm not sure whether you can open it in a new tab if you are viewing GA on a mobile phone or tablet, but it certainly works on a Windows laptop or desktop.

spacer.png