I have a bad habit of backing lousy franchises. I gave up football after the Chargers left town. I backed the Golden State Warriors way back in the Chris Mullin days (they since have rewarded my loyalty, of course). The Padres haven't been relevant in twenty years. If you find a team that has never won the biggest game, I'm probably in their fandom somewhere. Tonight, one more goes down. After 52 years, I dug out my old school St. Louis Blues jersey and hat - appropriate for their first ever Stanley Cup!

blues.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/12/2019 at 11:07 PM, Dabeagle said:

I have a bad habit of backing lousy franchises. I gave up football after the Chargers left town. I backed the Golden State Warriors way back in the Chris Mullin days (they since have rewarded my loyalty, of course). The Padres haven't been relevant in twenty years. If you find a team that has never won the biggest game, I'm probably in their fandom somewhere. Tonight, one more goes down. After 52 years, I dug out my old school St. Louis Blues jersey and hat - appropriate for their first ever Stanley Cup!

blues.jpg

It's cool, I am happy to see St. Louis win Stanley cup. Boston fans aren't that crazy "must win" it all, we're satisfied with Football and Baseball this year, plus our huge trove of old basketball championships that no one, not even Jordan, could take.

St. Louis lost a lot of things, they lost their basketball team in 1950's and Rams a few years ago, their city needed this win.

Also, not to speak ill of my home team, but seriously if you can't win 3 games at home in the championships with game 7 on home ice, it's you're own fault.

Congrats @Dabeagle on the win, I'll be rooting for the Cleveland Indians and San Diego Padres this year :D Cleveland Browns and New Orleans Saints for football :o  I'll support my home team Bruins and Celtics though, they need all the help they can get.

• Like 1

I don't know, the fans on TV looked pretty amped - throwing stuff on the ice. Our corporate office in Providence sent some folks in to work with us, and this one guy was like 'I just need to be on my couch by 8'. He was darned cute, too.

I thought the Celtics would be stronger after their run last year. Kyrie definitely wasn't worth it, but then I've never been a fan of his. I'm old enough to remember when the Patriots were nicknamed the Patsies, and folks cheered for them in '85 (at least at my middle school lunch table) because they felt sorry for them. I, of course, didn't care for them - but like I said, I left football behind.

The Blues were a great road team, but not as good at home which I find odd. I think Boston having home ice was actually an advantage for the Blues.

The Indians, they were so good a few years ago. I feel your pain, watching them decline! I'm desperately hoping when the Padres trade, they don't get rid of their future for another that never, ever seems to come. Enjoy your season!

• Like 1