Posting a story using Android

Go to solution Solved by Cia,

Does anyone use Android operating system and have a method for posting their story that keeps the format. I am using Android 7.0 and I copy and paste from a word processor . docx file in the usual way, but because the copy does not keep any format I always have to edit the copied version, adding carriage returns for line breaks and italics, centre section breaks etc. In other words put back all the formatting.

Also the carriage returns add blank lines, which sometimes I don't want, but there is no way to do a simple line break for a new line.

It's okay, but would obviously be less work if someone out there has a method that works for Android.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

Use a computer or tablet with a decent operating system like Windows. Sorry, but most phones operating systems (Android, iOS, or even Windows) simply are not geared to work with IP Board sites/this system, even as sophisticated as they are now. Especially since you are expecting them to have the system capabilities to work with a text-based Word processing file that is then converted with all the formatting to an online post when copied and pasted.

GA Stories works best when copying from a Word or similar based text editing software, and it works best on a Microsoft-based operating system device like a computer. Some users do have Docs or use tablets like iPads, but they typically take some working around and have their own tweaks to get the content pasted in properly. 

I worked out at least how to keep the line breaks so that pasted text is not one huge mess. 

A long press in the window where you want to paste your chapter text brings up three options: SELECT ALL - PASTE - CLIPBOARD. If you choose CLIPBOARD the pasted text keeps the line breaks, carriage returns. My Clipboard does not hold formatted italics, bold, or centered text, so you will still need to put that back. Still it's a big improvement. There maybe an alternate Clipboard available from the PlayStore that keeps all the formatting, I need to check that out, unless someone here can recommend a Clipboard they use.