"Ex gay husband" story discussion

Happy Valentine's Day, folks!

After almost a year, I have a new story: Ex gay husband 🎉

Other than my first story on the platform, Subconscious Mind, it's a translation from a German version I published on a German community.

I plan on keeping you posted with interesting fun facts as I publish the chapters. So if you enjoy that, follow this thread, if not, you can just follow the story itself instead.

The story

The story is autobiographical, except for some dates I might have messed up by trying to remember what happened when 😅

As you know from my other story, the first few chapters might get off-topic once in a while, so if you don't like that, please don't give up on the story too easily: That'll change after a few chapters.

The author

As you already might know, I'm a German mother tongue, so that's why my English is not always accurate, but I'll try my best just as last time. Plus, I felt like I learned this and that by writing my first English story, what was of use for this one.

Chapter 1

Fun fact: The user Colin thought, I was, instead is @Sammy Blue —whom some of you may know. Very flattering indeed, not gonna lie ^^

I hope, it was obvious enough that I humorously quoted Who wants to be a millionaire? by asking, "Do you take this as your final answer?" 😉 If not, sorry, but I'm used to that. It's one of my quirks that all kind of things come to my mind if you just say a word that triggers a memory of sorts.

Edited by Zuri
Notice on following
  • Like 1

For those, who what to know more about SpeakOUT: https://www.speakoutboston.org

Here are a few questions for you if you like to join the discussion:

• Do you think, it is still necessary to come out?
  • What would be your three traits, you would have to avoid in that role play?
  • Tell us, what coming out means to you

Topic for today is—as with the last chapter—the title of the chapter: Friend crush

It'd like to know from you (when you like to share this):

• Did you know the term "friend crush" before reading the chapter?
  • Have you ever been in a similar situation where you had these feelings where you, at the same time, could tell, that you haven't fallen in love with this person romantically?
  • How good are you in holding eye contact?
On 2/18/2022 at 5:22 PM, Zuri said:

For those, who what to know more about SpeakOUT: https://www.speakoutboston.org

Here are a few questions for you if you like to join the discussion:

On a personal note: Have you heard about the "Don't say gay" bill passed in Florida? If not: It's what the second chapter was about, but as a law.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-lgbtq-bill-controversy-dont-say-gay/

When I started to learn about the LGBT* history about ten years ago, I thought, this was a thing of the past like the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy or Section 28.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_ask,_don't_tell

Unfortunately, that's just one of many bills passed this year in several states in the US, not to mention all the bathroom bills.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Mark and Colin get a sightseeing tour in chapter five and following, I want to take you on the tour with them with background information of the places they visit:

The Alster is a river in Hamburg that looks more like a lake. It's pretty common for people here to run around the Alster and sit on the Jungfernstieg on sunny days.

The Jungfernstieg (which literally translates to "maiden steps") is a place around the Alster basin downtown and also the name of a subway station which is located under a shopping mall.

Day two of their sightseeing tour:

Planten un Blomen is—as you already know—is a park in St. Pauli. It's the one with the most sophisticated designs.

planten un blomenplanten un blomen

The Lange Reihe is within walking distance of the main station. What started as a gay neighborhood only is now mostly gentrified—what you'll definitely notice when you try to rent an apartment there.

Die Lange Reihe in Hamburg

Stadtteil Hamburg St. Georg - Bezirk Hamburg Mitte. Bilder ...

1209999803_MV.jpg.5322d6160cc5fc7ea32121ab3bbaf021.jpg

You already know that Hamburg's Dom isn't just for subs. It actually dates way back to the eleventh century where merchants, jugglers, quacks, and handymen sought shelter inside the dome's walls (hence the name). The bishop didn't like having them there and banished them. As a result, they now hovered around the marketplaces, what wasn't to the bishop's liking either. Long story short, he eventually gave them the Heiligengeistfeld (which literally translates to "Holy ghost's field") in 1893.

Germany Holidays: The Hamburger DOM - Germany is Wunderbarfeuerwerk_hamburger_dom_web.jpg | fotomagazin.de

The high-rise bunker is now used as a music store at the main floor and also has a club at the topmost floor (called "Uebel und Gefährlich" which literally translates to "noxious and dangerous").http://deacademic.com/pictures/dewiki/71/Gefechtsturm_Hamburg-Heiligengeistfeld.jpg

Edited by Zuri
  • 2 months later...

If you are (against all odds) interested in a blog post about coming out, I just posted that references chapter two, here you go:

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2022 at 5:22 PM, Zuri said:
  1. No, not like you have to announce your sexuality, but if someone presumes maybe you have a girlfriend you might need to tell them he's a boyfriend. Or maybe if you're married you need to say to a man. That's correcting misunderstanding and presumptions.
  2. Not sure what you mean. If you mean the jerk who wants to know who does what, forget it. I got asked that once and replied what about you, who does what? 
  3. Being honest and not denying who you are. That's where it comes from historically. All those gay guys who got married for... appearances, a quiet life. Can't easily understand that, but coming out represents being honest. Up to a point, saying you have a boyfriend not a girlfriend, but that's as far as it goes, unless you happen to be exchanging sexual experiences!

PS. Not sure how I ended up here but thought you deserved an answer 😁

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Luca E said:

Not sure how I ended up here

I could tell that you didn't end up here by reading my story Ex gay husband, this thread is a story discussion for, after some initial confusion on my side 😁

Thank you for your answer, nonetheless, Luca! I really appreciate it, especially because I stopped hoping for any readers of that particular story. So, it's a surprise but a welcome one for sure :)

Here is the section of the chapter "Coming out", I was referring to:

There's an organization called "SpeakOUT", where volunteer speakers hold speeches about LGBT* topics at schools. They have an exercise where each student thinks about three traits that constitutes them. Then, they start discussions in groups while avoiding mentioning these three traits. This exercise should emphasize how hard it is, to hide an important part of oneself.

Your opinion on coming out doesn't seem to be much different, as you can see in that very chapter as well as my blog post "Coming-out—do we (still) need it and why it means more than to be true to yourself". It's always nice to meet someone like-minded! :)

• Like 1