Scheduled Posting

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just how it is with the new publishing system, but this is what has happened to me. Last Sunday, I uploaded my next chapter of 'Hidden Secrets' which I usually set to publish at 14:30 on a Monday. The screen I got didn't give me the option to schedule and when I saved, the chapter published right away. Today, I have just uploaded my next chapter of 'To The Weyr' and got the same screen:

image.thumb.jpeg.b9af746ebc37afeeed2322849237c098.jpeg

As you can see the only option given is to Publish or Save, rather than to schedule the chapter. 

I think this may be happening because I uploaded another story on Sunday morning for the sub-genre challenge, which is as yet unpublished

• Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

This saves your chapter to the site, but does not publish it publicly:

image.png

This is default and recommended, especially for people that have troubles with chapters looking the way they want in the system.  This allows you to edit a few times while only you can see it.

If you toggle the Publish Chapter button:

image.png

You get another toggle option (publish now) that will only be available if you have not posted in the last 24 hours.

It defaults to 24 hours after the last published chapter or about 5 minutes into the future if you are past the 24 hours.

Pushing the "Save Chapter" button as show above will Save the story to the system and Publish it publicly at the listed date/time.

If you toggle the Publish Chapter and Publish Now toggles:

image.png

Then hit "save chapter" , it will save to the system and publish publicly immediately.  This was the old default prior to the update. Reminder: "Publish Now" will be grayed out if you are attempting to publish a chapter inside that warning time.

I will update the FAQ with images to make it clearer.

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to say I am loving the new Schedule system, it makes it much more fair and it's tidy giving all Authors a chance to be seen on the main page. I might be slightly contradicting myself here bearing in mind what I have said. But Is the 24 hours permanent? I only ask (very politely, of course) if a slightly shorter lead time has been discussed. I know I'm pushing it, but perhaps 12 hours? :P 

Just an opinion. :) 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
9 hours ago, James Matthews said:

But Is the 24 hours permanent? I only ask (very politely, of course) if a slightly shorter lead time has been discussed. I know I'm pushing it, but perhaps 12 hours?

In the future, that is the intention.  Right now, the default preset time is the limit and it makes it a real pain if you want to post at the same time each day.  So, I set it to 24 hours.  After we get some more software tweaks, this will change a bit.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Myr said:

In the future, that is the intention.  Right now, the default preset time is the limit and it makes it a real pain if you want to post at the same time each day.  So, I set it to 24 hours.  After we get some more software tweaks, this will change a bit.

Thank you Myr :) That was a quick reply.

• Like 3