How do I update the copyright year on my story?

Go to solution Solved by Carlos Hazday,

I'm a returning member. Back in 2015 I created a Story created "PBax's Prompt Work" and then submitted individual prompt responses as Chapters under that story. (Back then, and I think still now, that is the right thing to do. Keeping short submissions as a Collection rather than littering Stories.)  Anyway, the Story is stamped with Copyright © 2015 PBax; All Rights Reserved. The Chapter I just submitted is also stamped with the same Copyright © 2015 PBax; All Rights Reserved. I can't figure out how to update the copyright stamp so it's 2023--either the Story from 2015 or the Chapter I just submitted. Or am I using the idea of Collection wrong now and I just need to start a new Collection with a more current process? Hope this makes sense. Thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Solution
2 hours ago, PBax said:

I'm a returning member. Back in 2015 I created a Story created "PBax's Prompt Work" and then submitted individual prompt responses as Chapters under that story. (Back then, and I think still now, that is the right thing to do. Keeping short submissions as a Collection rather than littering Stories.)  Anyway, the Story is stamped with Copyright © 2015 PBax; All Rights Reserved. The Chapter I just submitted is also stamped with the same Copyright © 2015 PBax; All Rights Reserved. I can't figure out how to update the copyright stamp so it's 2023--either the Story from 2015 or the Chapter I just submitted. Or am I using the idea of Collection wrong now and I just need to start a new Collection with a more current process? Hope this makes sense. Thanks. 

If you edit the story itself, you can change the copyright date. I'd suggest you keep 2015 since that's when it was initially published, and add 2023 after it to cover new chapters.

• Like 2

Thanks so much! You managed to get me to click the right button. So I did this Copyright © 2015 - 2023 PBax; All Rights Reserved.  Is that what you had in mind? Certainly works for me or did you have something in mind that works better?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, PBax said:

Thanks so much! You managed to get me to click the right button. So I did this Copyright © 2015 - 2023 PBax; All Rights Reserved.  Is that what you had in mind? Certainly works for me or did you have something in mind that works better?

That works

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
9 hours ago, PBax said:

I'm a returning member. Back in 2015 I created a Story created "PBax's Prompt Work" and then submitted individual prompt responses as Chapters under that story. (Back then, and I think still now, that is the right thing to do. Keeping short submissions as a Collection rather than littering Stories.)  

Yes, that is still the right thing to do.  Anything less than 1k words should be posted as part of a 'collection'.  

• Like 3