OK, I'll use spoiler spaces so to avoid anyone seeing this and glancing at it. Go read the chapter first, it is WELL worth it!

Spoilers below (left click and then drag your mouse over them to highlight and view the text.)

I loved Garret's grocery shopping trip! That is an ideal way to get a feel for the local reality. I'm looking forward to finding out how that dinner goes!

Adelaide is clearly a Empire sympathizer (or at least fears them greatly), but the most interesting thing to me is that she isn't afraid to show it in front of Garret.

The trouble at the shipyards is very intreguing. That Bishop is certainly stirring up trouble and being quite clever about it. I also love how he is portrayed as intelligent: That makes him so much more interesting!

I'm also getting exceedingly suspicious of Aaron. Maseko's comment, to me, says it all:

Well I'll say this much... I don't like Aaron anymore. Needing love is one thing, wanting to be dominated... meh, not my thing and a turn off at that.

Is the only chink in Garret's moral armor going to be his enjoying dominating Aaron and what that does to his psyche?

Well I'll say this much... I don't like Aaron anymore. Needing love is one thing, wanting to be dominated... meh, not my thing and a turn off at that.

Is the only chink in Garret's moral armor going to be his enjoying dominating Aaron and what that does to his psyche?

My theory is that Aaron is exerting some kind of control over Garret. Maybe chemical? We know that Aaron seems drawn to Garret's "Model" of clone. So, my guess is that Aaron was "created" as some sort of biological agent provocateur. Maseko's intuition seems to be picking up on whatever it is.

My theory is that Aaron is exerting some kind of control over Garret. Maybe chemical? We know that Aaron seems drawn to Garret's "Model" of clone. So, my guess is that Aaron was "created" as some sort of biological agent provocateur. Maseko's intuition seems to be picking up on whatever it is.

And that would not be the first time selfrigteous people has been using tools och means they disapprove of officially in their rethoric. :angry:

This could be very likely - but then comes the question... is Aaron aware of this? :blink: And are we gonna se more involvements of clones in the story? Devin, Davlin and Deci (the three D:s) seems to get in the background now. What happened to the rouge MX-10 clone? I hope he will return just to se if he can mesure up to Garret in tactical skill and leadership. :battleaxe:

Edited by Ratatosk
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Aaron is a weak link, that's clear. I can't say I hate him. Suspicious, maybe. Sorry for him, definitely. I would say he's more likely mentally disturbed than an agent provocateur. Given what he's been through, being mentally unblalanced is a lot more likely that anything else, though I'll consider the possibility that he's being manipulated somehow. Simply by being part of Garret's household he would be attracting the attention of all of Garret's enemies.

Garret's reaction to him and the observations of Maseko are interesting, but I wouldn't jump too quickly to conclusions as it being a plot of some sort (apart, maybe, from a plot device, but that's different... honest).

Aaron is a weak link, that's clear. I can't say I hate him. Suspicious, maybe. Sorry for him, definitely. I would say he's more likely mentally disturbed than an agent provocateur. Given what he's been through, being mentally unbalanced is a lot more likely that anything else, though I'll consider the possibility that he's being manipulated somehow. Simply by being part of Garret's household he would be attracting the attention of all of Garret's enemies.

Garret's reaction to him and the observations of Maseko are interesting, but I wouldn't jump too quickly to conclusions as it being a plot of some sort (apart, maybe, from a plot device, but that's different... honest).

Well, I see conspiracies everywhere, so of course I suspect a plot! :P