What is missing? What do you want to see?

• Site Administrator

So... What would you like to see here at Gay Authors?

Is there something we can provide that you'd like to have?

Dear Myr,

Hummmmm. Good question. Here are a couple of suggestions.

This would fall under the catagory of chats.

1) Maybe there could be one scheduled for authors only. This way we could pick our fellow author's brains (yes, i know if they had one. Me to, hehe) for ideas and questions about possibly how we can become better writers.

2) An open chat for everyone where the sky is the limit, so to speak, on what ever is talked about.

I love the fact or fiction section. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Take care, :)

Mike :sword:

1) Maybe there could be one scheduled for authors only. This way we could pick our fellow author's brains (yes, i know if they had one.  Me to, hehe) for ideas and questions about possibly how we can become better writers.

That's a good idea! :great:

• Site Administrator

Scheduling a chat shouldn't be too difficult...

Execpt we are spread across a whole lot of timezones.

Any suggestions?

yes set a time and then tell people what that translates into in there time and then have people post if they can or can not show up. we can't clear a date for it if we dont' know when.

and ANOTHER idea for the site is a 'writing resorse' for writers to refer to. genral guidlines for grammer and what not. something like the Lumos Dissendium that fictionalley imploys. It might do some good, lord knows I would use it ;) however it would be a LOT of work to set up.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo Myr, I just thought of something. How about adding a new members forum where new members can introduce themselves to the group and tell everyone something about themselves? We seem to be growing in members but most of them don't post. Maybe this forum would encourage some of the 'lurkers' out there to post.

Hi Myr

There is one thing I would like to see some thing for budding writers (first time writers). I join the group as a Reader, but I have started my story. I am lucky because Mike is my boy friend and he give a lot of advice and he answers any questions I may have and he is my editor (he

I agree with Rainbow I think it would be a good idea for new writers to get and learn from ones who have been writining. Not to tell them what or how to write but to help them develop their own individualism for writing.

Pyro :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Forloyn sugests a resource for writers! thats a damned good idea, perhaps a forum for authors technical questions and general advice.

I would also like to see an English American/American English dictionary section so when I say to an American "Keep your pecker up, I'm off for a fag." he knows that it means 'stay happy, I'm going for a smoke' Keep you pecker up = chin up and a fag is a ciggie in the uk. :P

• Site Administrator

Well... I suppose you're on the right site to be able to say that in America too. :P

I agree with those suggesting a Writer's Resource. Not only should it contain things like dealing with grammer, but perhaps a section on how the various authors have dealt with problems that arise during the course of writing a story such as writer's block.

• Site Administrator

There is already an "Author's Resources" page:

http://gayauthors.org/author-resources.html

And there is a Links section on our Links engine for Author Resources.

"Editor's Corner" on the forums provides intereaction... if people are interested.