Graeme joins the Millennium club!

C James

WOOO HOOO!!

Congratulations Graeme!!!!

The site is definitely richer and brighter for the contributions you've made!! :D

LOL, and I'd almost be willing to be that you hit 2,000 before me! :boy:

... and while he may not make 3000 in his first year, he won't be far off it.

Personally I think he'll make it :)

Congrats again!

-Kevin

• Site Administrator
LOL, and I'd almost be willing to be that you hit 2,000 before me! :boy:

Thanks, Kevin, but I sincerely doubt that.... :P

Wouldn't surprise me if you do :P

Me neither!

This will be quite a contest! Kevin, the seasoned and experienced postaholic, presently far in the lead but slowing down (hey, he can't help it if old age is creeping up on him...) against Graeme, the blazing four-footed postaholic wonder!

At stake: the title of GA's #1 postaholic!

Who shall prevail?

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "As the Forums turn".

:P

• Site Administrator
This will be quite a contest! Kevin, the seasoned and experienced postaholic, presently far in the lead but slowing down (hey, he can't help it if old age is creeping up on him...) against Graeme, the blazing four-footed postaholic wonder!

Old age? OLD AGE! :thumbdown:

If Kevin, at 23, has old age creeping up on him, then what does that make me? :angry:

#2 postaholic. The title for GA's #1 postaholic was sown up a long time ago. Neither Kevin nor I are currently aiming to knock that person off that pedestal. However, the person is question is shy and retiring so I'll refrain from mentioning them by name. I believe they are embarrassed to hold the #1 position and it would be cruel to point it out to them.

Old age? OLD AGE! :thumbdown:

If Kevin, at 23, has old age creeping up on him, then what does that make me? :angry:

Our of fear of your spines, I shall not say. 0:)

#2 postaholic. The title for GA's #1 postaholic was sown up a long time ago. Neither Kevin nor I are currently aiming to knock that person off that pedestal. However, the person is question is shy and retiring so I'll refrain from mentioning them by name. I believe they are embarrassed to hold the #1 position and it would be cruel to point it out to them.

Come now, it is not possible to be a postaholic and be shy and retiring, so surely that makes the title of #1 postaholic wide open, and sure to go to either you or Kevin. 0:)

Come now, it is not possible to be a postaholic and be shy and retiring, so surely that makes the title of #1 postaholic wide open, and sure to go to either you or Kevin. 0:)

Of course it's not you. You're a postnazi and you just caused a forumwide war. You're fighting a lost cause, pseudo-lurker.

:devil:

Of course it's not you. You're a postnazi and you just caused a forumwide war. You're fighting a lost cause, pseudo-lurker.

:devil:

It's NOT me, as you so clearly say above. I'm not against posting (I think its great when other people do it) so you really can't call me a postnazi, oh frosty one... :P

I should say celebrating quantity instead of quality leads to some posting frenzy that seems to have more the counter in focus than the syntax, grammar and overall meaning. This post should have been titled: "Graem, the great poster" and have started with praise and review of Graeme's posting quality, and THEN mentioned the fact he had hit the 1000 posts mark.

*picks up the phone and calls a PI to investigate on why Jack is so mad at CJames. There's something fishy...*

I should say celebrating quantity instead of quality leads to some posting frenzy that seems to have more the counter in focus than the syntax, grammar and overall meaning. This post should have been titled: "Graem, the great poster" and have started with praise and review of Graeme's posting quality, and THEN mentioned the fact he had hit the 1000 posts mark.

*picks up the phone and calls a PI to investigate on why Jack is so mad at CJames. There's something fishy...*

Totally agreed! This is Graeme's thread, so it should of course be about Graeme, whose posts are always sage and wise.

Seriously, Graeme, we are so fortunate to have you here. :2thumbs:

• Site Administrator
This is Graeme's thread, so it should of course be about Graeme, whose posts are always sage and wise.

I didn't know that goat were delusional :blink:

PS: Thanks for the comments, Bondwriter :)

I didn't know that goat were delusional :blink:

PS: Thanks for the comments, Bondwriter :)

I agree 100 % with the comments about quality. To really compare comparable posts, each post of members with more than 1'000 posts should have a quality index as multiplicator, given by a panel of members with less than 350 posts (BTW I have 335 :D ). As a try, I calculated the quality index of our Goat : 0.006 %, compared to the index of Grame : 86 % (Its just not 99 % because his posts on "game" forums :P ).

If somebody wants to know, I will post my scale for quality index :great:

• Site Administrator
I agree 100 % with the comments about quality. To really compare comparable posts, each post of members with more than 1'000 posts should have a quality index as multiplicator, given by a panel of members with less than 350 posts (BTW I have 335 :D ). As a try, I calculated the quality index of our Goat : 0.006 %, compared to the index of Grame : 86 % (Its just not 99 % because his posts on "game" forums :P ).

If somebody wants to know, I will post my scale for quality index :great:

86% is way too high....

I honestly don't know how many posts I have in the "games" forum. My best guess would be around 500. ie. about half. The reason I'm guessing that is because outside of that forum I have some posts in the teen forum (but I try generally not to post there), some in the various writers forums (but they aren't high volume), a handful in Administration, a few in the hosted and shared author forums, and some in eFiction, but mainly only the anthologies and a couple of other stories. The other main set of posts I've done are birthday greetings (it's handy being in one of the first timezones for each day) and other miscellaneous Lounge posts.

86% is way too high....

The quality level doesnt only depend of the contents of the post. The appropriateness is also an important factor. In this matter, birthdaygreetings are on highest level :2thumbs:

OTOH, a post about a story which just repeat what the story says is low leveled. IMO its the speciality of our goat friend :lol:

BTW, I used years ago this method to analyse and compare different geographic sites for factory-delocalisation, its named "scoring", and the fun at it is that you can decide in advance what you want to get as result, the same here :P

Want to know more about it ? :D

Modern evil at work:

BTW, I used years ago this method to analyse and compare different geographic sites for factory-delocalisation, its named "scoring", and the fun at it is that you can decide in advance what you want to get as result, the same here :P

Want to know more about it ? :D

A method that has proved it works to lay off workers cannot be really bad, can it? :devil: And thanks to statisticians, who revel in charts and spreadsheets, you only need to look at the numbers you know you want to get! O Brave New World!

I like the idea of standard procedures implemented to get an ISO 9001 certified board though. :D

Me neither!

Who shall prevail?

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "As the Forums turn".

Oh a Forums story. I've tried creating one before on a different forum but the problem was there, they were not writers. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help with a forum story here?

Sorry if i changed the topic, but as for Graeme, I do think he's got great input into GA and it's so much more richer now that he's here.

It's NOT me, as you so clearly say above. I'm not against posting (I think its great when other people do it) so you really can't call me a postnazi, oh frosty one... :P

Postnazi

Postbitch

Postaholic

Postwhore

Postspammer

Postshitspreader

You pick the best. I don't hold in my bad language. :P

21 more to go.

Postnazi

Postbitch

Postaholic

Postwhore

Postspammer

Postshitspreader

You pick the best. I don't hold in my bad language. :P

21 more to go.

I actually think your tricking our poor CJ into posting more, by getting him to respond to you.

I actually think your tricking our poor CJ into posting more, by getting him to respond to you.

And it won't work, because I, as a lurker, almost never post. :ph34r:

Graeme, all jokes aside, I agree with everything said about about the quality of your posts. They do indeed enrich the Ga forums greatly.