[dkstories] Let's Do It, Chapter 3

MUST. HAVE. MORE.

I just can't get enough of these guys. I'm hooked on your characters, DK. :worship:

Yeah, and what took so long? :angry: At least it was well worth the wait! :worship::2thumbs:

This chapter took me by surprise - Brian played it cool with his folks and earned their respect without having to come out or tell them about time travel. I like the way Brian wormed his way into Davey's good graces, but never saw coming the way he treated his friends. I won't say more yet until more have had a chance to read it.

Yeah, and what took so long? :angry:

>_>

<_<

I think this might have something to do with it:

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8202

Glad to read the new chapter... a little surprised at the way brandon and trevor are behaving, but I think Dan is doing a great job of exploring a few different concepts.

There is the obvious "what if i could go back", but what's also being shown is just how much effect a person can have on other people and the world as a result of their decisions as they pertain to their interactions with other people. The Do Over series do a great job with the butterfly effect and altering things based on knowledge of what would happen in the future, but something a bit more subtle shown in the Do Over series (and exemplified here) is the profound effect every individual has and can have on other people.

You could, if you felt like it, completely sour someone's day by being a total dick at a convenience store.... and through your frustrating that person, cause others to have negative experiences with him or her which result in them being negative with others and so forth. On the other hand, you could go into that same convenience store, be polite, give a warm smile and a thank you and that alone can bring that person up a bit. Now... imagine this on a wider scale. There are some people who every day act like total pricks... they have a great deal of negative effect on the world over the course of their lives. But... if someone got to them before they turned to the prickhood, and reversed that about them, they could end up having a very positive effect on the world.

Do Over shows us the effects within the group of trevor, brandon, sean, davey, and brian. A davey who is confident, courageous, and resilient has a tremendously positive affect on the others. Unfortunately, kids don't have the benefit of knowledge, experience, and wisdom that the davey in do over had. The Davey in Lets Do It hasn't had military training, hasn't fought in a war, didn't go through all the mental processing involved in coming to accept who he is as a person, for that matter hasn't figured that out at all... he had no defense against what his family went through...

and I'm blathering on now too much... a sign of fatigue...

The point is treat people well... its better for everyone in the long run.

*will probably revise or write a new post to convey what I'm trying to now but am too tired to articulate