[dkstories] Let's Do It! Chapter 7 is up!

Hey Dan,

The relations between the two are going on "peacefully" and the reader like it !

I would insist on a particular point which make the story very interesting : Brian is thinking as an old man and acting as the young lad who he is. Your way of writing shows it very clearly. Well done !

Thanks a lot to have not forget this story among all the stories youe are writing at the same time.

Take care.

Old bob

It's truly wonderful, watching the entire Breckenridge family falling in love with Davey, each (of course) in their own way...

The slow seduction of Davey and efforts at his gradual incorporation into the Breckenridge clan, despite Davey's stubborness and hang-ups, occupies my daydream-life, and hopefully the next few chapters of the story, which I wait for eagerly.

The last sentence is badly structured, but it's 4 a.m., and I'm off to bed to dream of possibilities, so what the ...

--Rigel

I never thought I'd enjoy LDI so much, after it erased the wonderful ending in DIR, but I should have known that Dan's masterful writing would quickly suck me in. I love the way the story's evolving and how Brian is slowly seducing Davey. I suspect that there will be at least one major bump in the road forward, but I'm sure Brian will have the perseverance to deal with it.

It's sad hearing just how destitute Davey's family is in this timeline, but financially and emotionally. I kept thinking, poor Davey. It's interesting how Davey can make a distinction between accepting charity for himself versus his family and how with that in mind, Brian has thought of a way. I sense that things are going to heat up very quickly between Brian and Davey in the next few chapters. :wub: I just hope Davey can handle it.

I, too, am curious to see how Brian will handle modifying the timeline to fix the future. It's a lot easier to make small changes early on than to wait until big changes are needed, but Brian is very limited in what he can do at this point in time. He's a teenager in Modesto with none of the ability to influence things that Davy had in the earlier do overs. Remember, in the first do over, Davey had no preparation, but two major things happened to change things. First of all, his plight as a gay teen made national news and, secondly, Shevardnadze's return from the future got Davey involved very quickly. In DOR, Davey returned well prepared and used his knowledge to get access to the President right away. In DIR, Davey used his knowledge of Super bowl scores to make enough money to get his father into politics and close to President Regan.

Brian has no advanced knowledge of this timeline, he did not come back prepared and there's no way David Jones Sr. will ever be elected to any public office. What can Brian do to change history? My first thought again is to do what Davey did in DO, swinging the vote just enough to put Al Gore in the White House in 2000. Unfortunately, I don't see how Brian will be able to do this without endangering a much more fragile relationship with Davey. Davey's certainly not ready to be thrust into the national debate on gay rights. It would also give us a timeline that, once again, is incompatible with the reality of our own.

One thing we don't know is how the war on terror ended up lasting decades, and how the US came under siege. This knowledge is critical in knowing what events in the future must be changed. We can only hope that Brian learned enough from his brief observation before he came back to make a critical difference. If not, perhaps Shawn will find a way . . .

I never thought I'd enjoy LDI so much, after it erased the wonderful ending in DIR, but I should have known that Dan's masterful writing would quickly suck me in. I love the way the story's evolving and how Brian is slowly seducing Davey. I suspect that there will be at least one major bump in the road forward, but I'm sure Brian will have the perseverance to deal with it.

One thing we don't know is how the war on terror ended up lasting decades, and how the US came under siege. This knowledge is critical in knowing what events in the future must be changed. We can only hope that Brian learned enough from his brief observation before he came back to make a critical difference. If not, perhaps Shawn will find a way . . .

Hey Altimexis,

There is a big difference between your comment and the other posts here. You are not only interested in the evolution of the "love story" between Brian and Davey, but also in "what can Brian do to change history". But in all the chapters Dan wrote till now, there is no hint about a will "to change history". Frankly, I prefer the way Dan leads his story. I dont need "big events" like in others DO's. The impact between the "old" Brian and the "young" Davey is interesting enough.

Thanks DK and go on for our pleasure :worship:

well, hey. it's not like that ending no longer exists. brian remembers it, and that makes it real and relevant, especially since he's changing history with that timeline in mind.