Scavenger Hunt answer #9 compromised!

C James

I have taken great care to keep all the questions and answers secret. Each participating author knows their own set (they wrote them) but only I have the full set of questions and answers, to ensure against leaks or accidental disclosure, and to ensure the fairness of the game.

Who would have guessed that the leaker would be ME?

Yes, I blew it. While posting today's question set by Vlista20 (Vance) I somehow didn't edit out the answer for question #9, (which was provided to me along with the question) and it appeared next to the question.

Vance noticed and PM'd me, and I removed it immediately, but it was too late, it had been online for a couple of hours.

The only remedy I can think of is therefor to admit my goof, and also make sure everyone has the answer to question #9, so that no one will have an unfair edge due to my mistake.

Question #9 is Story Question: Cameron: Where was Jesse originally from? The answer is Colorado.

OK, now, as I'm sure many people will soon remind me, I did threaten to delete any post containing answers. But, that now no longer applies for answer #9. As it is, I should probably be reporting myself (to myself) for breaking the rules of the hunt and posting an answer! :o

I hope I don't have to do that, as I'd surely have to lecture myself severely for this transgression. :whistle:

OK, I hope I haven't caused too many people side-aches from laughing at me for this goof. :D

I'll make go make some changes to the pinned game post (which changes daily, keep checking it for more questions, and any updates or changes) and answer sheet, to make sure no one is hurt in the game by this.

oops. :*)

Edited by C James

Verrrrry clever of you, CJ ... hiding the answer in the question itself. ;):D

Kitty

I've got a great idea for the next scavenger hunt. How about structuring it along the lines of Jeopardy. CJ gives the answer and the player guesses the question? 0:)

Seriously, I hope everyone is enjoying the scavenger hunt. The prize is stupendous, awesome and outrageous. :lmao:

Jack B)

Verrrrry clever of you, CJ ... hiding the answer in the question itself. ;):D

Kitty

<looks around sheepishly goatishly> Maybe I should have ensured against this by making the answer have nothing to do with the question? Hmmmm.. OK, question #1 for a future hunt will be "Who wrote "With Trust" and the answer will be "Oct 22nd, 1643." :devil:

Well, goats ARE rumored to have plans to take over Earth, you know... kitties aren't too far behind ;D.

Shhh!!! Nobody is supposed to know about that, yet... Move along, folks, nothing to see here.. :whistle:

I've got a great idea for the next scavenger hunt. How about structuring it along the lines of Jeopardy. CJ gives the answer and the player guesses the question? 0:)

Seriously, I hope everyone is enjoying the scavenger hunt. The prize is stupendous, awesome and outrageous. :lmao:

ROFL! Well, that might be a good idea, considering my inability to keep the answer quiet! :lmao:

Thanks Jack!!!

Join me for a goat hunt then. :devil:

:o I knew I'd get in hot water for leaking an answer.. But I had no idea it would be acompanied by hot lead!! :o

<gulp>

awww :C i don't want to hunt CJ... I'd rather join him haha. Birds are a goat's best friend ;D

Why thank you, Birds!! :great:

You can do some friendly bonding when we worship his grilled meat on the grill. 0:)

I've heard of getting grilled for making a mistake, but I never knew they meant it LITERALLY! :sheep:

I think I need to go hide... :blink:

I've heard of getting grilled for making a mistake, but I never knew they meant it LITERALLY! :sheep:

I think I need to go hide... :blink:

Ewww, how yucky. :blink: Of whose grilled meat are we referencing? :wacko:

No need to hyde when we kin jekyll. :2hands:

On with the hunt...scavengers!

Jack B)

• Site Administrator
Or, pray for Byrd. But that's a vintage Boston Celtics thought.

Jack B)

P.S. A bird (not Byrd) told me that tomorrow's clues will feather some stuff of mine.

Are you trying to get our goat with your cryptic hints? :P

Wow... I missed out on a very intereting... thing here. I say we grill the bird, kindnap the goat, and... and steal all the answers! :P

No, I guess that would not be so good. Good going CJ. Gosh. :P

Kurt

I didn't know Samuel Holly was gay. :blink:

;)

Kitty 0:)

ROFL! And here I thought I picked a meaningless date! :D

Ewww, how yucky. :blink: Of whose grilled meat are we referencing? :wacko:

Mine! :blink::ph34r:

I aspire to be many things, but Lunch is not amongst them! :sheep:

hmmm... I could be a bird of prey... :devil:

ACK! Prey not! :ph34r:

Are you trying to get our goat with your cryptic hints? :P

Looks like plenty of people are goat hunting! :2hands:

Wow... I missed out on a very interesting... thing here. I say we grill the bird, kindnap the goat, and... and steal all the answers! :P

:lmao: Well, between this thread, and Nick posting Goat recipes in Dom Luka's forum, I'm getting a bit nervous around here!! :P