Jump to content

dughlas

Author
  • Posts

    17,533
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dughlas

  1. I think he's depending on the chaos theory ... crazy stuff is gonna happen so might as well accept it. Meanwhile, he's ducked his head under the blankies and gone to the Land of Nod.
  2. Taiwanese pork buns? Is that a euphimisim for Chinese pig butts? I jest. Your buns look delicious Page.
  3. dughlas

    Chapter 10

    They say that diamonds are created from a common substance, carbon, placed under great heat and pressure. I'd say the lads had their own substance tested under heat and pressure and a few diamonds sparked as a result. It was a very human moment when Mr Bennet acknowledged the growth and maturity in the lads despite the sometimes dehumanizing effects of public education. Excellent chapter.
  4. Gee, my other Gary. The Master of the shop is also dealing with a bronchial "thing". He thinks his is allergy related as he went through the same thing about this time last year. He took today off and went home to rest.
  5. G'day y'all. Mum arrived safely late yesterday and all is well.
  6. dughlas

    Camper Van

    Invisible or invincible?
  7. dughlas

    Camper Van

    Actually this is the same level of naivete that almost got CJ raped by a friend and his cousin. Perhaps his trust is justified. I'm hoping so and if not it will be a lesson learned.
  8. dughlas

    Camper Van

    Oh shyte, that was a less than stellar move ...
  9. I like them. Even the one about aging despite it speaks of me ...
  10. dughlas

    Chapter 1

    This brought my own remembrance of what might have been. He was beautiful and mine for oh so brief a time and I loved him but our life paths diverged and he became lost to me ... 40+ years later I can see his moonwashed face as he slumbers beside me ... Your tale was lovely, thank you.
  11. That's what I was gonna tell you. So if it's just scarecrows in my garden and scarecrows in yours just where is your herd ... hey Val have you been poaching?
  12. You don't need Val's to jump up and down on the bed just ask your brother to do it. That way if it's not done correctly none of the beefcake get bruised just your bro will.
  13. My poor body is all kinds of out of whack. My blood sugar crashed just before lunchtime and yes I had brekkie, two gingerbread pancakes. Once I got it under control it triggered a nasty migraine. Was supposed to spend the day cleaning the bedroom and bathroom for mum's visit. Didn't happen.
  14. She can't they're at my house ...
  15. Wait just one minute Miss Tink. How is using Val's herd to help you build a bed building it on your own? And just where is your herd? Oh wait, never mind. I see they're wandering about in my back garden.
  16. He's still pretty and has eyes like mum's who has eyes like my grandmum. I miss that lady. She died in July 20 years ago. Two sleeps until mum arrives for her autumnal visit. She'll be here eight weeks.
  17. I had to sign in this morning in order to see my notifications.
  18. G'day y'all. It's chilly this morning 58/14°. Off to walk the pup.
  19. Like Gary, you need to get some young hunk to do your therapy for you.
  20. So do they deliver or is your son picking it up?
  21. The cheese is great. In addition to the brie I bought a piece of Kaltbach Le Crémeux, a really nice creamy semi-firm cows milk cheese and a piece of Brebis Val d'oc which is a firm sheep's milk cheese similiar to Abbaye du Belloc. Wish I could share.
  22. You taking him along to do the heavy lifting?
  23. Oh, bless her heart, she's got the vapors.
  24. That's about normal for here this time of year. It's currently a bit warm at 79/26°. Fortunately the humidity is at a comfortable level.
  25. It did thanks. My thyroid levels being off the rails is a major issue for the migraines. Until that is corrected we don't know how effective the Ajovy really is so we're sticking it out through another course. I see him again in seven weeks, 5 Nov. By then the thyroid should be back under control. If I still haven't improved there is another approach we can try. Fortunately the weather was very nice. After my appointment I took myself to brunch at a nearby restaurant I really like. From there I strolled several blocks to Reading Terminal Market and bought three cheeses that aren't available locally to share for our shop luncheons. One is a black truffle brie. From there I continued towards the train station. Made a quick stop at a shop that sells hand made soaps. I bought three small bars of a pumpkin ale soap as gifts for the others in the shop. They use pumpkin ale from Dogfish Head brewery in DE. It smells wonderful. I also bought a bar of blueberry soap and a bamboo cloth bathpuff for mum. Her birthday is on the 30th. From there a quick stop at Macy's Center City store. It is in the old John Wannamaker store. The store has a four story open center court with the world's largest pipe organ. Visiting there reminds me of @AC Benus Famous-Barr stories. Finally I headed to the train station. It was a nice walk. Twenty-seven blocks from where I ate to 30th Street Station.
×
×
  • Create New...