Jump to content

dughlas

Author
  • Posts

    17,535
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dughlas

  1. All is well with Mum in SC. The storm has passed for her doing no harm. The sun was beginning to peak through the clouds though there is still the potential for strong winds today.
  2. Thistle has never been a face kisser, hands, feet, knees and elbows yeah, but not faces.
  3. Oh good, 'cause often the memory starts to go as you get older.
  4. Thanks. I spoke with her a bit ago and she's okay. She can't get cell phone reception but her landline works and she still has electric. Fortunately when the storm arrived it was less intense than was feared. She isn't concerned about going to bed and sleeping tonight. I plan to call her again midday tomorrow. Oh, and my gas was finally restored this afternoon. I can use my stove again. The service guy was delayed. He was due to arrive between 8 and noon. At 12:30 I called to check on when he was coming. He had an emergency call and no one thought to call me. He was on his way. He got here about 30 minutes later and apologized. He thought the office was going to call, had he known he would have called me. When I told him I had been waiting nearly 3 weeks for service he said the company's poor customer service is costing them a lot of lost customers. Several of the smaller local competitive providers have recently been upgrading because they've been gaining customers from Amerigas. He works for them and they charge him hazmat fees on tanks he owns and has the certification to service and maintain. The only good thing was it was a problem with the regulator which they own so there is no charge for him coming and replacing it.
  5. So that's how you've been doing it. In the past I used to try and wish folks a happy birthday especially the newbies in an effort to make them feel welcome. Removing them from the calendar was one update that I think makes us less of a community.
  6. It's Marty's birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTY!
  7. Yes thank you. I'll take very good care of him.
  8. Thanks. I spoke with her a bit ago and so far it's been rain, lots and lots of rain. The worst is due later about 6 or 7 this evening.
  9. Eddie is being the person Christians are supposed to be. He exemplifies the love and compassion that Jesus taught not the dogma present in far too many churches today. Of course Mattie is resistant to Donald going unpunished but when he listens to Eddie he understands and supports Eddie's decision. I think when he hears what Donald had to say he'll be even more willing to accept what Eddie wants. I suspected that Harper senior was the true force behind the attack and Donald was in essence the weapon he used against Eddie. Excellent chapter.
  10. She and most everyone in her neighborhood chose to ride it out. Wish I was there with her but the neighbors will look after her.
  11. When I spoke with her last on Wed. evening she was okay. I'll call again this evening to touch base. Hopefully by then the worst will be over.
  12. Going to bed at 7 doesn't mean you're asleep at 7.
  13. People move here then complain about the smell. Yeah, okay, manure stinks, didn't you notice that when you visited before you bought the house?
  14. Ham loaf, baked sweet potato and baked corn. Basically reheat and eat stuff. My head aches.
  15. That'll just fan the flames ... and it seems a bit ridiculous.
  16. Mmmm, lovely eyes and lips and hair and scruff and ... aw shucks he's just plain lovely. And not a stitch of plaid in sight ...
  17. You stole it off the Stud Registry website.
  18. Plaid, he's wearin' plaid, that makes him mi ... 😯 ... my bro. Val! That was a mean trick 😟
  19. Val does have some scruples when it comes to her herd. No siblings allowed.
  20. So far all is well. The zone immediately around here began mandatory evacuation at noon yesterday. That zone is directly along the ocean and the area bordering the Waccamaw River.
  21. dughlas

    Open Call

    Yeah @Kitt feel free to share.
  22. dughlas

    Open Call

    And we're off ... I'm gonna take a chance and assume Chipper makes it onto the show since we've been privy to his friends gathering in front of their tv to watch ... but as always it's the journey you take us on that we look forward to.
  23. dughlas

    Prologue

    And life goes on ... I've been looking forward to this and the prologue bodes well. Though it's no surprise that you have another great story ready to share.
  24. A friend helped her check whether she could change her airline ticket to fly north now rather than on the 20th. There are no seats available. If she needs to evacuate she has been invited to join her neighbors at their daughter's home in Greenville. That's the same place she went last year when they evacuated because of Florence and would put her well away from the coast. For now they are waiting to get a better idea of the storm track. I'll talk with her again tomorrow evening. Charleston which is 82 miles further south has begun evacuating. The major highways will be all lanes one way outbound beginning tomorrow in order to ease the traffic out of the city. The schools along the coast are ordered to remain closed until after the storm.
×
×
  • Create New...