If I could avoid those scenes I would, but as an author, I know they are integral to the story. I write love stories, and intimacy is a part of that. Thanks, Albert!
Thank you so much, Albert! Denver's story wasn't fun to write, but it needed to be told. Now we understand why he was so depressed and angry when Kellar first met him.
I didn't have it completely written, but the whole story was in my head. I knew we wouldn't be seeing the last of Warren in that first chapter, and I had the hunters figured out pretty much from the beginning. I even mention Hunters in the second chapter when Kellar's wolf smells that trap in the woods. I also had the complete shifter backstory before I even started writing, including the silver. I researched my head off and jotted down notes as I worked through all the possibilities. One of my first notes was Morningstar Marina... and shortly after I wrote down Vega Pack. I would play the story out in my head for months before I had the guts to try it. I believe my first thought was basically that shifters were dying and went from there... and within a day or two I had the cure for the Malaise It was a hell of an experience. Thanks for asking.
Hello, all. Had three of my grandkids here yesterday with their parents. It was a nice visit. Soooo hot out.
I had my new sound bar delivered from Amazon. It makes such a difference. It's a JBL Cinema 3.1 channel, 200 watt all in one with a built in subwoofer. There is a voice enhancer that makes dialogue clearer, and it works!
He could never carry a bow while he was in wolf form. But, he does have his teeth and his speed, which is why Tobyn was able to dispatch the old Resnick. Wolves are very wary, and that is another defense. It served Kellar well here... and he made the right choice. Thanks, buddy. My heart raced as I reread this.
Yeah, it works for me too. I love these guys, and this is how I saw it happening, with Tobyn being his wonderfully complicated self. Kellar has the most compassion of any character I've ever written... it's who he is. Thanks, buddy.
Yup. So much thought and preparation went into this chapter, and I remember the relief of finally getting here without having given anything away. It still shakes me up when I read it. Kellar should feel like a hero, but none of it matters because Tobyn walked away from him. We have to remember, Kellar, for all his skills, is new to pack dynamics, and even friendships. My heart broke for him. Thanks, Albert.
Yeah, I totally get it, but I understand Tobyn completely. He's had his foundations rocked by Denver and what he sees as a betrayal by Kellar. I think he's messed up about the morning scene too. Can it get any worse? Cheers and thanks, buddy.
The plot thickens. I think the biggest takeaway from this chapter was Kellar saying they would take it one day at a time. It is a shift... and I don't mean into a wolf. Cheers!
@ColumbusGuy . The bottom fifth of the text lines up on the right side, not the left. It looks like there's an indent on the left side as well... but all the text and dialogue is there so it's easy to read. Nothing is cut off.
I've never seen that before, and have no idea why it would happen. G.