Jump to content

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,293
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Nah... just you.
  2. Wonderful! Thank you!!
  3. Yeah, I have more than one of those t-shirts. Life is about so many things, and whatever comes our way has to be dealt with. If we're lucky, the love shines bright and lasts forever, and I still carry that kind of love in my heart, yet many of us will end up alone at some point. It doesn't negate what we had when we had it, though. Life is not a fairy tale, but we can always hope... and in the meantime, we can read about enchanted lives. The second chance in this story is a special one, and one they won't take for granted. Yes, they've learned each other in a complete different way, and it is beautiful. Lol... I'll see what I can do, but yeah, no Carly in my next story. Thanks, Dan. It means so much that you care as much as you for these characters and this story. I appreciate you letting me know that.
  4. Got my referral to the eye doctor I wanted to see.
  5. Linda Rondstadt did a version of this that is one of my favorites.
  6. Headstall

    Equinox

    We must always have something to look forward to, to yearn for. This was lovely... and rather melancholy for me, Parker. Thank you.
  7. Hi, Dan. It's nice to know a fellow house whore. It would appear there are more of us than I realized, and yeah, that kitchen in Cards was phenomenal. I really like what Craig is doing here, in this old house. He's not a tear it all out and redo kind of guy... he respects the history and lets the house tell him how it would work best. Carly was on her best behavior, and who knows... maybe she always knew Jared would never really be hers and that helped make her such a bitch. Maybe 'steel balls' is the right one for her. He must like her if he asked her out. Marian is full of surprises. She's been there for both of her kids, and now it is her time. I'm of the opinion it is never too late. This was a great way for my day to start too, my friend, so thank you.
  8. That looks so tasty, Albert! I had spaghetti and homemade meat sauce. Tomorrow I will have chili dogs from the leftover sauce... that's if my son doesn't finish it off tonight... I just heard him looking in the fridge.
  9. Headstall

    Chapter 7 Castle

    You don't look a day over 39 to me, lovely lady.
  10. It was thoughtless... that's the perfect word, but Jared never made that connection. He never saw what he did as frivolous or dangerous, but it really is, especially to some one who has lost their partner to a fall on a construction site. I'm glad you understood Craig's reaction... and yeah, I don't think Jared will ever make such a mistake again. He's been on cloud nine, but this brought him back to earth, and I believe his feet will stay on the ground for Craig's sake. Thanks for this, buddy.
  11. Headstall

    Chapter 7 Castle

    It's our good friend, @FanLit's birthday today. She is a delight, and I treasure her friendship and her comments. Remember to send her good wishes, my other friends. P. S. She's thirty-nine.
  12. I don't believe you were alone in that, judging by the reaction this chapter got. Craig is nesting, and that means he is feeling secure. 'Yours and mine' is hard to make work, so I'm glad they had that talk. Jared doesn't need to hold onto that male pride which can often get in the way. As far as the lovemaking, I don't believe either man has any complaints. Cheers and thanks, Dan.
  13. I loved your rambling reminiscence, dugh. It brought back memories of happy times in a neighborhood when we lived in Nashwaksis, New Brunswick... playing ball, hide and seek, sledding... and Halloween. It was a fantastic group of kids (youths) I could only watch the first year because I had Hepatitis A, which I had a relapse for, and was housebound. I made up for it that following summer and winter.
  14. I loved writing that restaurant scene. Jared, considering how he was when we met him, is incredibly full of life. I can see why Craig fell in love with him in high school. Lol. Love the 'Fancy' lyrics. Carly would be wise to mind her manners, if not for her sake, then for Bailey's sake, but Carly is Carly, so.... Thanks for this, buddy.
  15. Lol. Thanks, buddy. I loved writing their conversations, and this one about the past was rather touching to me. I could picture Kendall sitting alone in his apartment, maybe eating or maybe not, waiting for Michael to drop by after his date. There is a real sadness in that, and I understand Michael feeling guilty. But like they always do, they talk it through and work it out.
  16. Clo is definitely interested in your old junk, spikeman.
  17. I have chores to do too. Glad you like the humor. Lovemaking is fun, and one of the best ways to communicate. Laughing is part of that for me. Thank God we don't have to deal with tracking issues and tapes anymore. I had so many get chewed up over the years, and love that it took you back. Jared is a renaissance man.
  18. A dumpster fire that's been extinguished, hopefully. Thanks, buddy... I enjoyed rereading this chapter.
  19. I think we can call her both, Dan. She's been lying up a storm, and feels no shame in it, ruining Jared's life and Ronnie's... and stealing love from her own twin. Happy to hear you think her incredibly well written. I know this woman, unfortunately. I reread the chapter too, just now, and even I was caught up in that scene at the table. Thanks for your kind words... I love that you are rereading this and seeing new stuff in it.
  20. Headstall

    Chapter 7 Castle

    Aww shucks. Thanks, buddy. Real characters make my world go round when it comes to writing. I never want to write the same one. Sure, humans have similarities, but we each bring a different history to the table, and that history plays are great part in who we are, whether it be Kellar in Morningstar, Jared in Treading Water, Drake in Exes and Ohs, or Boone in Sidewinder. You're right that each is unique, and I'm really stoked you see them that way. I started out with Michael and Kendall, two different but complementary characters, and they taught me so much. They mostly taught me how important it was to understand them.
×
×
  • Create New...