Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,285
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    Very high standards indeed. Do those high standards apply to men too?
  2. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    Hey, Sherye! Thank you. I actually am a very accomplished builder, having completely redone two houses. I've even built windows and doors. In fact my double entry doors to my bedroom are handcrafted, as are the two in the sunroom/bedroom. I've built two different barns as well, so I understand construction, and it was important to me to get the descriptions right for this chapter. I'm pleased you liked their interaction when they woke and saw each other clean and in daylight for the first time. I'm not sure if these men considered it flirting, but we readers did. Farming is work, there is no escaping it, but it is incredibly satisfying to make something of the land. Both men were cowboys who grew up on farms, so they are no strangers to hard work. But I bet they like it better doing it with a friend. Thanks, my friend... I appreciate the kind words and the support.
  3. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    I reached the conclusion years ago it didn't matter about the day, but yeah, Sundays are definitely slow. I don't think I ever posted regularly on the weekend.
  4. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    That might have been an idea. It was a lot of work to combine the two... I had to do some rewriting so it flowed right. I did like how it turned out, though, even if it didn't get more readers engaged. I think I'll stick to single chapters each Monday. I've been doing it for a long time now, starting with Morningstar.
  5. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    I won't do it again. Too much damn work.
  6. Beautiful, Parker. I saw this as a lament for those marginalized, those who live in fear of more injury... from a world going mad. Yet there is hope, in that flower I choose to see as rainbow colored. We must always fight back. Loved the rhythm of your words. Thanks for this... lately some days are hard to get through.
  7. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    You got one last week, but a combined chapter isn't the same, I guess.
  8. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    Thanks, Man. I appreciate that. It's a niche genre, and I am happy there are folks taking the time to read and engage and stick with the story despite the week between chapters.
  9. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    That's kind of you to say. I'm used to having those weeks in between to fine tune... something I'll have to think about, but I appreciate you are good with Monday postings. Sometimes I fret too damn much. It's just a story.
  10. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    I love this, Kris. I love the compassion you show for Vincent and men like him. I do picture him as being happy, but you're right that his life could well be missing something very important. So many men have sacrificed their desires in order to fit in and survive, and maybe they managed to find a way to thrive, but I have no doubt they would be in the minority. Not being who you are eats away at you, and it's been my experience that something has to give. Vincent and Reid... hmmm. *jots down a few notes*
  11. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    Hello, my friend. I'm not sure what woke Jubal... was it the sun coming through the window, or was it that sixth sense most of us seem to have. I know I've felt it when I'm being stared at. Either way, Lucas was awake for a few minutes, so might have been staring for some of them. This is the first time they are seeing each other cleaned up in daylight. We know Jubal likes what he sees... does Lucas? Hmmm. Sometimes it's hard to tell what is flirting and what is just banter. But yeah, I don't think Jubal has much of a clue about flirting. I know all the speculation about 'fishing' but you make a great point. Lucas admits to being lonely, so has there been any angling? Maybe all us naughty-minded folks are wrong. I agree about where home can be. It is where you can be yourself, and like you say, where you are welcome. Jubal was impressed by everything he saw about Gold Rush Farm, but it's Lucas who makes him feel comfortable. Has Lucas picked up on what Jubal and Vincent shared? I'm leaning no at the moment. For all he knows, they were neighbors who became friends... and that Vincent was a teacher for young Jubal. I'm glad you found that quoted passage bittersweet. I think it is the one thing Jubal holds onto as being good in his life, and he might feel some sadness, but he isn't bitter. In my mind, Vincent is bisexual, and could be happy with a woman. That doesn't mean he didn't love Jubal, because he did. He made a choice, some of which we might hear of later on. I was worried some would find this chapter boring, so I'm especially pleased you found what you did in it. Sometimes I think I should just post the whole damn thing every twelve hours until it's complete. Maybe readers would enjoy it better that way. Appreciate your wonderful support, sweet lady.
  12. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    Everything is easier when you have help, and it'll help that Jubal is so enthusiastic. That should lift Lucas's spirits a lot. Thanks, Ivor.
  13. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    Hey, Dan! Technically perfect? Woot! I did work hard on making it accurate but simple. That was not easy. I think we are all looking forward to the erection... of the peaked roof. It needs to be solid, dependable, nice to look at, and able to last. It appears Vincent taught Jubal many things. Lucas will benefit from those skills learned... for his new home of course. Thanks, buddy.
  14. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    Hey, Doc. In my opinion, it was a big deal for Lucas to admit his loneliness to Jubal. And then to say he wasn't feeling lonely that morning. In his own way, I think he is kind of in tune with what Jubal might need, but I wouldn't say he is playing games. Both men have sincerity in them, and I enjoy writing that. Maybe both men have been alone too long. Jubal is in his element from the sounds of it. He loves building, but in this case it would seem it is more about giving something he believes Lucas needs... more of that being in tune. So yeah, it is going to be a way better home than it would have been if Jubal hadn't arrived. Thanks, buddy.
  15. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

  16. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    Thanks, Man! I agree there is pride involved in Jubal wanting to give Lucas a better home. It is something he IS confident in, and it's something he wants to do for his new friend. Actually, as far as Jubal's hope, I not so sure if will allow himself to have it. He wants a friend, and that's all he expects... and maybe it's all he can expect unless he learns to trust himself. It's not that he is complicated, but it seems he is damaged, and might be his own worst enemy. Interesting point about Vincent. Could those memories, loosened by the conversation with Lucas, make him crave for more in his life? Vincent gave him a lot to be thankful for, so maybe he can give him that push he seems to need. Lol. It would seem the bed they shared is already big enough. That loft sure would come in handy, though. Appreciate the great comment, my friend.
  17. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    Thanks, Kris. I really wanted the chapter to feel hopeful. I'm pretty sure flirting comes naturally to Lucas. He's very open, but is he doing it intentionally? I would say he's definitely more comfortable in his own skin that Jubal is, but does he know what Jubal is feeling? Jubal is excited. Validated is a good word for both men. Jubal can be of good use to this man who saved him on the road... and he is confident of that. It looks good on a man who's not had the best of times lately. And Lucas needs the validation Jubal gives him that he's done well with the farm and deserves a fine home. I enjoy the balance they each give the other. Cheers!
  18. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    Hey, centex! They are getting to know each other more and more, and Jubal even expressed his surprise he didn't have his usual urge to run from what he was feeling when he woke up beside Lucas. I believe he's taking his cues from his new friend. They are already pretty comfortable in this new friendship. As far as Lucas and Reid, there is probably a story there... Jubal is in his element with building, after all he learned from Vincent. I expect he is telling the truth when he says he's comfortable with heights. Interesting, what you say about seeing things in daytime. I almost named the chapter "In the Light of Day". Jubal definitely liked everything he saw... including that face so close to his. Thanks for the kind words, my friend. It was a tricky chapter to describe... I didn't want to bore readers who have no interest in building, but felt we should see and feel what Jubal does, and understand the task they are planning to take on. Did it work? I sure hope so. Cheers!
  19. Thanks, @Timothy M. for paying tribute to Carlos with these two reviews. He'd be pleased.
  20. Latest chapter is now posted...
  21. Eager Jubal didn’t know what woke him, but peering out the small window to his left, he saw dawn had arrived with a bright yellow glow. The soft sounds of the crick could be heard through the wall behind him, and he recalled washing up in those waters with Lucas only hours earlier. His hard prick throbbed at the remembered sight of the man. Breathing deeply, he stretched carefully before turning his head. It was early, but green eyes stared back. Pretty green eyes fringe
  22. Hey, Sherye! I'm happy to hear you liked the banter that is developing between them. It is absolutely the mark of a comfortable friendship. Is there mutual attraction? We'll have to wait and see because we really don't know what is in Lucas's mind yet. He could just be friendly, and lonely for companionship. The crooked cabin shows Lucas needs help... and it sounds like Jubal has the kind of knowledge he'll need. I found it somewhat sad to write about Vincent, but I'm glad Jubal had that good experience with someone who treated him well and showed him love for the time they shared. It's the way of life... some things don't last.... Thank you, my friend. We're almost at a new Bearpaw Monday. Hope everyone is looking forward to it. Cheers!
×
×
  • Create New...