Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,285
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Thank you, my dear friend.
  2. Thank you, Albert! You are very kind, and I appreciate it.
  3. Jeez... thought this was a Drew post for a second.
  4. Hey, Adi! Thank you for checking this out and commenting. So far, so good on the new one.
  5. Thanks, Terry! Maybe someday....
  6. They were great questions!
  7. Thanks, northie! Now I really feel accomplished. #life goals.
  8. Appreciate the kind words. Lol. It's too soon to be chirping for more, buddy... though I do have an idea... Let's wait till "Bearpaw" is done posting... long ways to got yet.
  9. My story "Boundaries" is featured in a new Ask An Author. Please check it out and leave a comment if you are interested. Show some support for a wonderful feature @astone2292 works hard at.
  10. @astone2292 . Thanks, Aaron! I had completely forgotten about this. It's great it has come up while I am posting a new western every "Bearpaw" Monday.
  11. Watching US Open. I don't know how these guys can play tennis is such brutal heat. It's insane!
  12. You'll need a pair of these.
  13. Wonder who he learned that from.
  14. That is true. It's the crazy ones you have to watch out for... those that enjoy being mean. Apparently his pa was one of those... crazy and mean while using his bible as a weapon....
  15. Thank you, Doha! Nothing makes me happier as a writer than to hear my characters feel real to a reader. I want us all to be that traveler, seeing and feeling the same things as they do. As far as Lucas and Jubal, there is something going on there, but is it only friendship? It seems so at this point, but they've just met, and attraction can be pushed away, especially if you are afraid of it. Morning is coming, as is a new day for these two men who have been through so much. Whatever happens, it will be better for Jubal than sleeping alongside a road to a future he doesn't really want. Appreciate the encouragement of your kind words, my friend.
  16. I love the speculation, but...
  17. Lots of fun, whether you like peanut butter or not. A charming read, it's worth the time it takes to 'consume'.
  18. Headstall

    Chapter 1

    A 'sweet' story, Ivor. Seriously, it was a fun and charming read. Well done, sir. Cheers!
  19. Lol. Thanks, buddy. This was as much about communication as it was about lovemaking. Some might think it sappy, and it was, but in reading it again, I feel the heart of it. Kendall has been under pressure for such a long time, starting when he was just a kid, but he never broke. Now he has that safe in Michael to let go. I don't think I ever really found that... Kendall is finally a fortunate man.
  20. Hey, centex! Thank you for the kind words. Yeah, no google, and not really many books at their disposal... just their wits, trail and error, and advice from older folk. You could have all the dreams you wanted on the frontiers, but making them come true was never easy. Still, Lucas learned from his first cabin, so let's hope his new one is a little better when Jubal sees it in daylight. Jubal really was lost when Lucas found him on the road, and not just geographically, but also in ways he keeps to himself. He was very fortunate to have been given a refuge while he reconsiders his life. He has less than half his money back, but he doesn't see it as enough to buy land and all the things he would need. It has been a bog blow, and while he seems to adapt quickly, that is the kind of thing that will stay with him for a time. I expect the rest of his money is gone, but he has time now to figure out a new path. Meantime, there are those wildings, and the excitement for them they both share in. Love these guys, and am pleased you enjoyed this really long chapter. Thank you, my friend. Gary.
  21. Hey, Tris! Thanks for the kind words. I love hearing that you can relate to Jubal. So many of us have been wounded in some way, and it seems likely Jubal has not had an easy time. Affability is a great word for describing Lucas. He puts Jubal at ease despite those fears he carries... and if he wasn't so affable, this friendship might not have formed like it did. He provided Jubal a haven when he didn't know him at all. And yeah, they fact they are hot as hell might never hurts a story. Don't know about any fishing, though. The readers are what makes this journey extra special... and I love the interchanges you have with each other as much as with me. I always have the backstories of these characters in my head, and comments make me think as they tease them out of me. It is an ongoing battle not to reveal too much. He he. Thanks for this, my friend, and please leave a story like and story recommendation if you can. So far, this story has not gotten many of them.
×
×
  • Create New...