Jump to content

raven1

Author
  • Posts

    13,405
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by raven1

  1. Hi Cassie! Hope the new year will be a vast improvement over last year for you.
  2. Hi @dughlas Hope you and Mum had a good New Year.
  3. raven1

    Chapter 1

    Thanks, Chris! Coming from you, this comment is special, my friend.
  4. raven1

    Chapter 1

    Thanks, Tony! Your comment gives me a very warm feeling for writing my tribute to Carlos. I will miss his presence in GA.
  5. raven1

    Chapter 1

    Thank you, Paul! I appreciate your kind comment. I tried my best to honour both his honest and giving character, as well as his fun side.
  6. raven1

    Chapter 1

    Yes, Doha. It is one of the many tributes that were posted today in honour of Carlos. @Valkyrie set up this wonderful tribute, and because I both liked and respected Carlos, I just had to participate. I am happy you enjoyed my tribute to this great man.
  7. Hi, Cassie! Happy New Year to you.
  8. I am looking forward to reading all of these! Great work, @Valkyrie! I want to thank you, @Cia, @Myr, and @wildone, for making this tribute happen.
  9. There have been many changes here in the last 25 years as Thais discover what is happening in the rest of the world. It's too bad that the US doesn't have a trade agreement with SE Asia. The US would sell a lot more products here if not for the very high tariffs, which double the price of US products. Products from France, Italy and Germany are very popular and are easily found online and in supermarkets and shopping malls at reasonable prices.
  10. It was a great time with friends. More fun than going out and fighting the crowds and noise, Nong Chai.
  11. I made a double batch, and it is gone. I substitute a pint of sour cream for the buttermilk. Sour cream is low in lactose. Only one new friend hadn't tasted it before, and she loved it! It is filled with chopped dill, parsley, onion and garlic. I add a bunch of different spices. It is really very tasty.
  12. raven1

    Chapter 1

    A Man For All Reasons A man is born, and his destiny is life’s challenge to lead. The love and care of family helped his journey to succeed. A warrior of his culture. He taught us all acceptance, for as he fought for the future, we also received a chance. A wizard and a wanderer; the magic in his words took us places to ponder life’s lessons to be heard. A mentor and taskmaster. His voice was there to gui
  13. Two poems in tribute to a beloved author, friend, mentor and champion of life.
  14. Looking forward to that! Thanks, Gary.
  15. Hi Page! Did you and your guys party last night? Hope you all have a great New Year!
×
×
  • Create New...