Thank you, Lucretia. I appreciate your comment, and I feel great that you liked both poems. Like you, I felt Carlos got great joy responding to readers' comments. His honest and unapologetic comments were refreshing and interesting.
Don't worry yet, @Mrsgnomie! The Korner Krew still has @kbois firmly in our sights until she finishes the next epilogue. After that, whoever publishes next, you, @kbois, or @astone2292, are fair game for the fickle folk in the Korner. Tell Kbois not to bother with the whetting stone. The Krew all keep their pitchforks sharpened and ready for action.
It will be a much more fun place with Weinerdog in charge. I think it would be a very hot environment with cool vibes. Luci can do his bit as second in charge.
Wow, Bucket! Stay safe. I hope they contain the fire easily. I suggest alternating hands when hitting the refresh button and tapping it, not hitting it. I don't want you to get wrist tendonitis after such extreme physical exertion.
I agree that Beckett has lost his patience. I wouldn't blame him if he let his power take a few potshots at these tedious creatures. The way they use the word 'human' makes it sound as if it is a word for a non-magical being. I'm hoping they will have the answer/power to grant Beckett's request. I also wonder what their problem is with Dragons. I hope it won't put Val in danger.
A great short story, James. It was endearing and realistic. I agree with your statements about those of us with ADHD. Any chemical treatment should be very short-term. I was fortunate to have a very great psychiatrist who helped me with a brief period of Adderall and a lot of training for two more. I now know that ADHD is a blessing in my life, not a curse. As for weed, it is often beneficial and much less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco. Carlos would enjoy this story very much and approve of its young characters.
I threw my resolutions out before midnight on the 31st, and now I regret it. I could have shared my idiotic resolutions here. I had some good laughs from this. Thanks, Lee!
These are two vignettes filled with love and caring. They are well written and hold the promise of excellent stories yet to come from this author. This is a very fitting tribute to Carlos, who mentored many of the fine authors here in GA.
This sounded so much like Carlos. A coffee chat with him would be so interesting and fun. I especially like this line.
I don't think Carlos ever took the easy route on the road or in his life. Thanks, Bill!
Hey @Mancunian! I take the blame for this also. I should have realized the file you sent me was an older file. I worked on the new file when I got up this morning and sent the edited chapter back to you about 30 minutes ago. Don't rush. Take time to check it over. I know your readers appreciate your focus on the quality of your stories.
How about starting with Reily's Lambda twin brother? No one knows about him since he was secretly sent to live with Nat in Rio as a baby. He also loves to dress up in high heels and sexy dresses. He's an LGBT+ character that can kick ass and looks good doing it.