Jump to content

Bucket1

Members
  • Posts

    12,559
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bucket1

  1. Boxing Day here also known as Christmas Leftovers Day, the start of the cricket test, and apparently Australians will spend $1.6 billion on stuff today. I feel I have not done my share. No shopping and have been using craft stuff purchased awhile ago. Have fun everyone
  2. Eating passion fruit curd on toast while catching up with GA is a good thing to do
  3. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night… ‘We survived the heat (air con is a marvelous thing). Had a seafood Christmas with prawns featured at lunch and red emperor snapper for dinner. Funky seasonal salads with lunch including maple syrup carrots. Plus desserts of course, sticky date pies (the little ones) and custard at lunch, charity Christmas pudding and ice cream tonight. It was so good Tomorrow’s forecast is for 22C, almost chilly. And our plan is to spend most of the day making things.
  4. Christmas Eve is almost over here in the future… ‘and that means Santa Claus is in his sleigh ready to deliver presents to all the good GA residents
  5. Ah yes, true unconditional love… I had that when we were eating lunch
  6. Christmas Eve fun and games - washing my sisters dogs… Why do they wait until they are near me before they shake themselves dry? Both of them did it
  7. Baked Brie is definitely off the menu - it’s going to be 40C at my sister’s place Boxing Day will be 10 degrees cooler so that’s a bit of good news. I think my firefighter nephew will be kept quite busy
  8. You are a grumpy old man? Join the club
  9. Hello young Albert He is very nice too. Is he here to help load the truck?
  10. Hey Page Are you all ready for Christmas?
  11. Hi everyone My sister and I are planning on having a crafty Christmas so I have been preparing craft stuff to take with me. I think I need a removalist truck
  12. Well it’s time for bed - I have a busy day planned for tomorrow. Nothing like Gary’s serious home renovations - I’m making fridge magnets with Christmas puns for our Christmas Crackers this year
  13. All this talk about Christmas menus is making me very hungry. I will miss my Grandmother's rice salad at Christmas. No one could make it the same and when both her daughters shadowed her every move and wrote down exactly what she did… nope still not the same… On the plus side, we do have her honey dumpling recipe and that works a treat. There is a note saying she doubled the sauce…. Mmmmm so good with vanilla ice cream
  14. Awesome cooking tip It’s good to know it will work - now I have to work out which of the four recipes on my computer we used last time I’m guessing the one with pistachio in it
  15. Hi Chris Are you counting down the days/hours until holidays begin?
  16. Christmas will be a hot one, the forecast is for 40C here at home and a cool 37C at my sisters - I will appreciate those 3 degrees. We might need to rethink the baked brie. It could work as a late supper/snack. Or bake it on the bbq? First world problems
  17. lol it’s good to see another suggestible person here
  18. They were dealt with in the usual manner
  19. It’s definitely Wednesday - the bins went out and were emptied
  20. Now that’s a law firm to avoid
  21. Oohhhh it’s been a couple of years since we had baked brie at Christmas. I will add that to the list of suggestions
×
×
  • Create New...