Jump to content

Carybr

Members
  • Posts

    258
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Carybr

  1. Carybr

    Chapter 1

    Sweet story! Thanks.
  2. Carybr

    Chapter 1

    Wonderful story, thanks for sharing.
  3. Whenever I read about a gay bashing in Ireland I am reminded of the 1999 assault on a gay American writer in Sligo who was beaten and left for dead by two men who claimed he flirted with them.
  4. I do hope there will be more Graham and Vince after this story is finished
  5. Mr. Russ is back! Hmmm, the lady he is sitting next to on the bus is visiting a (single?) son who takes her for walks. Maybe he will pick her up at the bus terminal? Maybe he will meet Mr. Russ? Maybe Russ will have an outlet for a little extracurricular activity?
  6. Great start to another wonderful story. The boys are at a swimming competition.
  7. I almost lost my morning tea when I read Fireside Chats with the Chipmunk. It's good to start the day with a laugh.
  8. Carybr

    Personal time

    I had no idea there were folk song melodies in Vltava. The things you learn in the most unlikely places!
  9. Carybr

    Chapter 13

    This is my 4th time reading this story (it's posted elsewhere) and it is eminently re-readable. And no, I do not remember who the twosome in the restroom are, or if they are ever named.
  10. Maybe they should have Jacob join them for the naked tea. Get more support for Venetia's nastiness.
  11. Carybr

    Chapter 47

    Hmmm. I wonder about Alan being such an eager bottom. Has he been getting lots of "practice" along with his tips?
  12. Carybr

    Family stuff

    Would be so nice if Mr Russ could come to a more permanent living arrangement with Brian and Gordon. They do want a bigger house, after all.-
  13. Carybr

    Chapter 44

    The Albuquerque turkey sounds great. I really miss New Mexico cuisine.
  14. I do hope we get to see this future meeting with Vince, Peter, and Kjell. If it has half the fireworks of this chapter it will be delightful.
  15. Stupid Teenagers. "My brother's gay, so let's steal some beer." Where does this thinking come from?
  16. Carybr

    Chapter 1

    This has been very intense and I do not see how it can be wrapped up in the next chapter. But I will be here to read it!
  17. Carybr

    Visitors!

    What a delightful chapter! Arvid is a teen gay Viking, from a conservative nudist Swedish family. Vince turns out to be unhappily in the closet. (Always knew he was unhappy about something.) Venetia is an unobservant busybody matchmaker, a would-be Emma. And like Emma, she is trying to match up people who have already found their mate. Can't wait for the next chapter!
  18. Jasper seems to be living up to his name: a type of impure silica rock (usually red or brown), which though rough in the wild can be polished up a bit.
  19. Carybr

    Chapter 10

    Don’t know why Lucas didn’t tell the judge about being assaulted by his uncle. That would prevent being placed with him.
  20. Carybr

    Chapter 16

    Another day in the life of TJ as he meets his brother/father's soon-to-be in-laws. I love this story!
  21. Carybr

    Chapter 9

    Another great story from Ronyx.
  22. The Horniman Centre presumably is where one goes bunburrying (see Importance of Being Earnest). I’m finishing up a stay at a University adjacent conference and ran across the there / their mistake in huge type on a screen in a presentation yesterday. Quite distracted me from the subject.
  23. Carybr

    A Phone Call

    I too had this image of Jasper and golden showers, except he had some young men with him….
  24. Carybr

    Christmas plans

    I love that phrase, "all taste and no satisfaction." Perfect description!
  25. Carybr

    Chapter 33

    In case anyone missed it, this chapter covers 4 years of conflict in a very summarized fashion. The above sentence, shortly into the section after the newspaper headline, needs a little work as it doesn't make sense as written. The woman referred to is Mrs. Patterson. It looks like there should be a "not" after "could", and there should be a verb somewhere after Mickey. I get the sense that Mr. Patterson is pleased Mickey had his ex on the defensive. It's nice to see Mickey turn from being an attorney on the offense to being a philanthropist.
×
×
  • Create New...