Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,504
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Oh a cute chef, eh? oh you mean me.. lol.
  2. Happy Monday. It's not the best so far... have a headache from you know where. I will get my shepherd's crook out and see if i can resolve it. Otherwise, drugs it is. I take so many pills, what's one more. On the other hand, today is World Ocean's Day. "The sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope." — Jacques Yves Cousteau To help our oceans, you can cut down on single-use plastics, choose sustainable seafood, and lower your carbon footprint. Making a chopped salad for lunch today...recipe for it is in our Recipe topic. Have a good one.
  3. Water, i just don't want them to absorb moisture from the cake itself. So a ten minute soak in hot water is fine.
  4. I used pecans myself.. i like those better.. i'd recommend toasting them first if you use nuts. Soak the raisons first as well. Hope you like it.
  5. It's here. I use 4 imperial cups of apples for one cake.. That is two big apples or 3 medium... i've been using Red Prince, but any good cooking or tasty apple will do. I cut it up into smallish pieces and grate the other. That's me, of course you can put them in how you like them. I've made it with nuts per the recipe but also put in raisins instead. It's good. Do not over bake. My only changes are to use half whole wheat flour and half white, and i use Splenda brown sugar. Enjoy.
  6. Oh.. this is perfect. Watch until the end.
  7. Good morning, children! The house smells like butter, apples and cinnamon... someone said i should bake two pans of apple brownies, so since the dog had us up at 8am... i've done just that. Oh, it smells so good. One pan will join some date squares in the freezer. Michael and i will devour the rest. LOL.. So i don't have much to do today. I made breakfast, baked, trimmed the dog's paw pads... he wasn't a fan but maybe now he'll be a bit cooler and have more traction. He's heading toward 14 years of age and has a bit of trouble with his back legs.. can't jump so well. Except when he wants to get on the bed. LOL. Anyway, i'm going to just do a lot of nothing.. maybe look at some writing and do a bit of knitting. See you all later. Have a good day!!
  8. It's cooled off a bit, and the humidity went from 90% to 64% which has helped a lot. It's still super windy so i don't need to vacuum in the bedroom though.. lol. Many dust bunnies died for the cause today. Also, i felt cool enough to make refried beans to have with our nachos. I love refried beans. Could i find an edible avocado at the store, no. So meat, cheese and bean nachos it is. And iced tea. i'm thinking about buying some hair clippers and learning to cut my own hair. i got it very short the other day, but it's a bit pricey...women's is even worse. Even for the same haircut! That's terrible. So, YouTube has some good videos about it. And mostly i wear a baseball cap when out and about, so if I mess it up, i can hide for a bit till it grows back. Oh and dogo, his bed, a hedgehog and his food/treats have arrived.
  9. Thank you, Gary. It was just a rough morning. I'm good. Just found out we will be having the dog from today, Saturday, to a week on Sunday. Honestly, not thrilled, though i do love him. Well, i'm sure i'll manage. It's not so hot today, and it's windy, but it's very humid. Gonna be nachos and iced tea for dinner tonight. Have a nice Saturday.
  10. Rough morning so far. Have a good Friday, all. “Compassion is the greatest form of love humans have to offer.” —Rachel Joy Scott (1981-1999) student, first victim of the Columbine High School massacre
  11. Happy Thursday. Sorry, but i just laughed at this one. Have a good day anyway. “What do we live for; if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ” —Mary Ann Evans (1819-1880) [George Eliot] Novelist
  12. Happy Wednesday (day one of hotness). It's gonna be salady for the next few days. Today, after walking my part-time pup, i will be bringing him home for a sleep-over as his mom is visiting and can't bring him. He will be returned Thursday afternoon. Time to make some food and do a few things around here. Have a good one. “Compassion for others begins with kindness to ourselves.” —Pema Chödrön (born 1936) Author
  13. Yes, of course! We only live a couple of blocks away so we can walk there and back. Well, stagger back cuz we're usually full. lol
  14. Happy Tuesday. It looks like it's going to be a nice day. Tomorrow we begin a mini heat wave. Hopefully, it only lasts the promised 3 days. My Husband said we are going out for dinner tonight. I'm good with that and grateful because 2 semi-special diets takes a lot of cooking because we don't eat much salt and zero processed food and no pizza either (that's because of me) so He knows I need a little break now and again. So Vietnamese food, here we come! All of that to say, we need to get some cool food for the next few days. So, a visit to the store is necessary and an appointment for a haircut is needed as well. Plus dinner. I hope everyone has a nice day. I have been doing a lot of writing and editing and I hope to have something in posting condition soonish. Have a super day, everyone!! “True compassion means not only feeling another's pain but also being moved to help relieve it. ” —Daniel Goleman (born 1946) psychologist and science journalist
  15. Most of us are alive i think! I like fridge pickles too and pickled red onion. So good. Nothing really likes zucchini, so i'm not surprised it's still there. LOL... well i'm not a fan of it. Glad you got home from your conference okay! It's nice to see you.
  16. Happy Monday, folks. “If there is any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not deter or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.” —William Penn (1644-1718) founder of Pennsylvania, United States
  17. haha, you're very sweet...we're really an ensemble cast!
  18. Oh, i never expect silence from you... you be a loud, funny man. i just liked my name first. LOL. And i am now going to bed. i think it is Saturday so yeah, time for bed.
  19. Time is your best friend as a writer. Write it and don't look back unless you realize you need to foreshadow something or something similar. Don't keep rereading and rereading. If you have time, the longer you can leave those chapters alone, the better off you'll be. Time gives your brain time to 'forget' and you can look at your story with fresh eyes. I leave my work for at least a month before going back to it. Hope that helps.
  20. Had fun using the Smart Finish feature on the air fryer. Kinda neat to put stuff in both baskets that need to finish at the same time but cook at diff temps and times. I did fish in one and sweet potato fries in the other. Very neat how that worked.
  21. Maybe, The tim and Wayne Show.. i think i like this better.
  22. Hmm, The Wayne and tim show? i think i'd likely just be hiding in the corner due Wayne's bigger personality.
×
×
  • Create New...