Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,504
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. No car, no gas. A bus ticket is $3.30 CAD.. i can travel across the whole city for that and if i can do what i need to do in under 2 hours, the return trip costs nothing extra. There's also shank's pony which i use often and is my preferred method of travel. Gas is about 1.79/litre here in Toronto.
  2. I don't want to know the truth behind this or spyke's answer. Nope.
  3. i thought it best not to add too much to that odd little fact. I figured a few would have something to add. LOL
  4. Weird Thing of the Day: The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue. We have the dog today...not ideal, but we'll manage.
  5. sorry but that made me laugh out loud .. lol
  6. i wonder, if i would have been a good nurse? I think so for a little while, and then i get tired of the patient whining about their pain... I don't think nurses are supposed to scream "Suck it up you *&*^* baby"!!! Just a thought as i look after my invalid and seem to run around most of the day. 😷 I'm just back from the grocery story again. Hopefully, i won't have to go again until the end of next week. I have been oblivious to the fact i need to get our taxes done. I will do a bit of gathering of info today. They are never too hard, but i just hate doing it. I don't need to think about lunch, I made cauliflower soup and salad for dinner last night. There is leftover soup, so that's what we're gonna have. Dinner is easy too, burger patties are made and in the freezer. I'll make some sweet potato fries. There is fruit and a biscuit with tea for dessert. I will do some baking tomorrow. The black bean brownies were delish. I'll makes some of those oat bars and maybe try chickpea cookies. Have a good day whatever you get up to!
  7. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    A wonderful example of 'Found' poetry. Very well done and thought-provoking.
  8. Two wonderful love poems. A wonderful debut for a new author. Thank you for sharing these.
      • 3
      • Love
  9. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    These are both wonderful, Michael. i'm glad You shared them with us. xo
  10. It was the colour chicken should be...more yellow than white. The fat that came off it is yellow. The bones were not the horrible blood filled things you usually get with chicken here. So it was dispatched properly. I made stock with the bones after i took it apart. I'll freeze half the meat and we'll have a chicken salad for dinner tonight.
  11. Just also found out i cannot eat commercial jello either.. disodium phosphate is the reason.. poison is everywhere.. i guess i'll be making that too, not that it's very much harder than the boxed stuff. I'm not a fan of plain jello so i make it with some hot water and then add skyr ... i'll buy some gelatin, bloom it, add some juice or purée and make it that way. Jelly is a good dessert for my Husband.. it's no sugar type.. so i'll have to keep that in mind when i make homemade. ugh
  12. Went shopping today. Found out a few days back what is injected into the rotiss chickens we usually buy. Needless to say, we're not buying them anymore. Bought a very nice plump 3.5lb organic chicken. Twenty-eight dollars worth. The price is killing me, but the look of it and now the smell is glorious as it cooks. If we decide to continue buying these, it will be three at once, all cooked at once and then they will be broken down and frozen. That's what i did with rotiss chicken, took it off the bones and froze it. Geez, $28... for a chicken. 😕
  13. Weird Things of the Day: Red rain, or blood rain, is a real phenomenon where Saharan dust mixes with rain, turning it red and occurring a few times a year. Also, Salvador Dalí designed the logo for Chupa Chups lollipops. There you are.
  14. Well, i'm up before noon, which is good. But we are having several hours of thunderstorms, which just make me want to go back to bed and hide. I'm undecided on how i feel about life today. Truly. Hope everyone has a day.
  15. Mikiesboy

    Garlic or Love

    I love good Parmesan (not bottled) and cinnamon, but together along with dill ... no. Good toast with butter and cinnamon sugar, yep, I'll do that, but not with herbs. Yuck.
  16. No, no, please don't send those. Thankfully, there is nothing like that going on, no open wounds or anything. It's looking much better today, but He will still see the doctor. It's painful, like the start of P.F. is, but it's less swollen etc.
  17. Mikiesboy

    Garlic or Love

    i'll be watching for that, from you! Haha
  18. Thank you, Steve. i showed Him this. He nodded. We think it's plantar fasciitis, something He's had before a few times. But he said He'll go in. This is from me - ❤️
  19. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    That is heartbreaking and also a wonderful parting gift. Thank you for reading and sharing.
  20. Mikiesboy

    Garlic or Love

    Thank you so much, i'm glad you enjoyed The Garlic Question. It was fun. Now about your question ... maybe i should start a new book: Parsley the Thought: Poems with Seasoning or Sage Against the Machine.. i could go on, but i won't. lol Thanks again.
  21. Mentioned the word 'doctor' today. Someone (not me) went back to bed. i have ordered a few types of gel packs and one boot shaped one for Him.
  22. Good. You're doing such a great job working toward your goals. But you have to be kinder to yourself. I'm glad you talked to your friend and she agreed with all of us. Make a list of all the positive things you've been doing.. all of them, so you can see them in front of you. Keep up the good work and keep a little journal. That can help.
×
×
  • Create New...