Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,504
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. We had one last night...right now, i'd like to go and have about six. They are very moreish. Very.... like don't leave the boy at home alone kinda moreish. haha
  2. This is the date square recipe i always use. The only sort of tweak i use is to not add extra sugar to the filling. And i use splenda brown sugar and whole wheat flour in the butter/oat mixture. https://www.ricardocuisine.com/en/recipes/5263-date-squares-the-best
  3. Omg, this is funny and sounds just like Michael. haha
  4. Well, my dance card has been filled in for the remainder of this week and all of next week. I have daily dog walking duties on top of everything else. I have decided to try and write another Searcher story with Stravor and Keter and the gang. I've been thinking about it for a while. Put down the first page or so last night. We'll see how it goes and if I can make it work. Baked oatmeal bars and date squares today.
  5. We have milk in our tea... Michael is English, but not into lemon/black tea at all. However, He will drink unsweetened iced tea in the summer. I have been a bad influence on Him. However, He refuses to say garbage can and says bins and pavement etc.
  6. That sounds nice...i'm waiting for eggplant to be affordable so i can dehydrate some slices and make a low-carb lasagna. The dehydrated slices hold up better than fresh. Eggplant is a stupid price right now. We'll see about Chinese food.. we likely will go because there's no way i can eat pizza unless i put it in a blender...which is not going to happen. Not sure what is happening this week. I have nothing on my calendar but then i didn't last week and ended up at the dentist. I have finished a few stories and have a couple more i'd like to get done for regular posting, maybe one will do for premium and a couple are for the anthology. I don't normally have stories in storage, it's kinda cool. lol As chris has mentioned it is Star Wars Day and here's a picture of that cute lil fella... Enjoy your day folks!
  7. it was a nice walk to the mall, but no Chinese food to pick up as they were closed. So, baked potato, salad with poppy seed dressing and chicken strips it is. Perhaps with luck i can get some of what i want Tuesday or Wednesday. Hope you had better luck.
  8. Didn't think you were the driver...don't worry. Aw poor pup, but it sounds like she had a wonderful life after you rescued her. ❤️
  9. Morning. Happy Sunday. (Happy walk to the mall to pick up Chinese Food for dinner day). Also:
  10. I like April and May and October and November. March i have a love/hate thing with. For the most part, i hate the weather here the rest of the time. Too hot and humid in summer and too cold and windy in the winter. So, i am often indoors, hiding either wearing very little or under a bunch of layers and blankets. While hiding, i like to write, knit things, read and watch movies. Lately, there's been a lot of writing of things. So, all good.
  11. Oh, that's not nice .. Don't be ashamed of that. Have you asked your dentist what they could do? I know it's all costly. If i was a horse, no one would buy me. Several missing teeth, lots of fillings and root canals. The tooth that broke was an uncapped root canal. So the doc said, I'll fix it, then we'll send an estimate in for a cap, and we'll fix it properly. I hate to think about how much the teeth i have actually cost. It's going to be a scary amount. Michael's insurance may cover some of it or I'll just have to pay for it. I sort of need this one. lol I guess i know where the tax refund is going..lol
  12. I'm doing okay. I'd just been to the dentist for a cleaning and check up... my teeth are awful.. Partly because of years of neglect and terrible diet and like my old dentist said, some people's teeth are just not the best, no matter what you do. I finished Keve's Story the plumber from The Shape of What Remains, a reader asked me about that, and it just worked. I'm working on a couple for the anthology as well. So, we'll see what i come up with.
  13. Not been in the best headspace... couldn't even pick up my knitting for the last 3 days... then i broke a tooth which was repaired yesterday while the estimate of the real cost to fix it comes back in 3 to 4 weeks. So, eating is a problem. I couldn't write either except for a poem, but did a little yesterday and hope to do more today. Hope you're all doing okay.
  14. Mikiesboy

    Indecision Today

    Aw.. thanks Parker. I hope they like it.
  15. Mikiesboy

    Indecision Today

    Thank you very much chris. I appreciate you reading it. xo
  16. Mikiesboy

    Indecision Today

    Thank you, Parker. xo
  17. Mikiesboy

    Indecision Today

    Thank you. I appreciate you reading this.
  18. Mikiesboy

    Indecision Today

    xoxo
  19. Mikiesboy

    Indecision Today

    i like this part too .. thanks for reading it ..xox
  20. Indecision, Today Today, my hands are full of nothing. A thousand doors stand open, each one asking for my name. I stand in the kitchen, there are kettles, keys, phones, shoes none of them function until I use them. The clock does what clocks do relentless, as my mind makes a mess out of ordinary minutes. I try on futures like coats too bright, too thin, too warm and leave them hanging This isn’t fear, exactly. It’s 'what ifs' drowning out 'yes'.
  21. It is Morse Code Day. So: .... .- ...- . / .- / -. .. -.-. . / -.. .- -.-- .-.-.- I was up before noon again today...that's two days in a row. Promising right? Going to take a walk and have a look at the back yard see what's happening. Grass doesn't need cutting yet. Then i'm going to try and get some writing done. Maybe finish off the second part from The Shape of What Remains with any luck. Pork tenderloin and fixings for dinner. I made the potatoes yesterday, so just need to make some veg. The pork goes in the air fryer. Enjoy whatever you get up to today.
  22. He's a star. Mine cooks once every two weeks when He orders two medium pizzas and we freeze one for the next week. LOL But He has other qualities.
  23. yeah i have a few things that are partially done and one that's complete.. i'll see what the theme is or what the details are and take it from there.
  24. Weird fact of the day: Australia is wider than the moon. Today i managed to get out of bed before noon (yesterday was 12:39pm). We decided not to get up at 8:30am and sleep in, well, we did that for sure. Today we got up at 8:30, like normal people. I have been able to get some writing done. I may have a couple of stories for the anthology. I'll see how i feel about secret author... i don't find it a good experience usually...all because of me, nothing else, so i may not put myself through that again. We'll see. i'm a masochist, so…a sucker for punishment. LOL Have a good day everyone.
  25. i like messing around in the garden...it really was Danny's thing and well, i'm going to try to follow the plan he made before he died. It's good to write anything every day. Practice makes perfect as they say ... and while i may not write on a current story, i do try to write something. Think of things around you... write about the apple tree in your neighbour's yard or how a train whistle makes you feel. Just write and sometimes either now or even later your unconscious brain will have a story for you. That's how i wrote After the Past and The Searcher ... each was just a page then a few years later when i went back through my notes, the story was in my head. Just write. And enjoy your garden too... xo
×
×
  • Create New...