Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,504
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. i am a bit tired of it, but it's nearly finished. Then i think i will buy a yarn winder, cuz i have a lot of wool hanks that need turning into cakes and i'm not sure i have the energy (will) to do all of them by hand. Thanks for reading this and putting up with my DIY adventures. xo
  2. i hope you will write again soon...it's frustrating when the words won't come. Something most of us go through. i watched something about writer's block from Stephen King, who has no silly answers like 'oh my muse is missing' etc. He said he just writes 2k words every day. I don't think he meant that they were necessarily for a story or a current story. That's an interesting exercise. I try that sometimes and weird things can happen. I like to begin with a sentence, or idea. I'll give you one...What would happen if you woke up and found a flamingo on your lawn? So, write what would happen. You don't have to share, just have some fun. Thanks for reading this and your comments. I look forward to your next poem and story.
  3. Lol...i guess i have been a bit quiet lately. Today is sunny and the trees are starting to get green. Soon i'll be wishing for winter cuz its so hot and promising that i will not complain about the cold. LOL. Yeah all we can do is the best we can. Have a good one and thanks for reading and your comments.
  4. I have ordered house maintenance for dummies...thanks for the suggestion and for reading this. No, it's not a straight line. I kinda do what i want every day, though cooking/making food, is a requirement. i'm looking forward to some of your writing... Again, thanks for reading and your comments.
  5. Thanks, chris. Reading is good. Does your husband cook, or do you guys go out a lot?
  6. *** Boredom is a new companion there, like the weather Before me, a blank page, an unknit hank, waiting for me to use it. Restlessness brings anxiety like a worm under the skin nudging me toward yarn and words, then running off when I get near. I cast on socks in the round, heel stitches picked up, the yarn in my lap. Then an endless road of a scarf and matching hat, The sweater needs both courage and math. The small toy fits in your palm stitched-up wi
  7. Happy Friday. Here's a weird fact ... Water might not be wet. This is because most scientists define wetness as a liquid’s ability to maintain contact with a solid surface, meaning that water itself is not wet, but can make other objects wet. Have a non-wet day if at all possible.
  8. I thought all the poetry posted for this antho was very good. Thanks to all the poets, those who supported us and to the organizers/GA Staff who made this happen.
  9. Geez, could you drive to the Netherlands and take a ferry? I know it's not exactly a short trip to drive there. But maybe you'd actually arrive. Assuming they have fuel.
  10. Yes, it was good. There was a lot leftover (no meat) so today we added chicken from the freezer and served it over a blend of rice, lentils and quinoa. There's still more left. I will likely add curry powder etc and chicken and we'll eat it with some additional veggie like roasted cauliflower.
  11. i don't know why i want to say Happy Sunday.. i know it's not Sunday. Whatever day you feel like it is, have a good one.
  12. Yeah...we like baked beans, but they have too much sugar commercially and Michael doesn't like anything except beans in tomato sauce. So, the other day i got out my mini crock pot, added a chopped onion, some strained tomato sauce and canned no salt navy beans. I added a little garlic and paprika and left them cooking. They came out so good. Michael was super happy. I try to have beans most days. They are so good for you.
  13. Feeling meh today. Looked at a few recipes online for some ideas. So, got out some of the frozen cooked pork shoulder. Into the crock pot went, frozen butternut squash, about a cup each of peas and corn, sauteed onion and celery, 4 tablespoons of tomato paste, garlic, a bit of cumin and turmeric and paprika, a can of pinto beans (drained and rinsed) and chicken stock, and then the pork. One recipe i looked at said to add a bottle of bbq sauce, a can of creamed corn, and baked beans.. big NO to all of those gross things. I'll serve this with some leftover mashed potatoes. Should be good. (i hope) LOL
  14. They don't have many predators, wolves could maybe bring down an old sick one. Moose are massive.
  15. Weird Fact of the Day: Moose can dive over 15 feet underwater to eat seaweed. Have a nice day.
  16. There are some nearby and they have been there forever. I'll have a word.
  17. It's crossed my mind, believe me. And well, doing them 'myself' cost $100. So, it might be worthwhile. I will discuss with Michael. He'll likely say, yeah sure, go ahead. It's me that's cheap. lol
  18. Taxes done....now higher anxiety until they decide i did them right. i hate taxes.
  19. i'm sure you mentioned a boat to me... i don't know where it was.. maybe you'll find a nice haunted boat
  20. Turkey is great protein... from now on, i'm buying two 12lb-ers and cooking them both and freezing the meat, when they are on sale. I do that with apples and plums when they are in season. It's a good savings.
  21. You did share that. How wonderful for him!! Oh boy, getting taller..
  22. Weird Fact of the Day: Sharks have existed on Earth longer than trees. Sharks appeared approximately 400 million years ago, while the first trees developed around 350 million years ago, making sharks roughly 50 million years older than trees. There is also a rumour going around that it is Sunday.
×
×
  • Create New...