Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,506
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. OMG, they did not win that one. Started well, ended badly. But the Yankees were at home, so kind of expected. I think it ended 9-6 for the Yankees. Sad, but now we need to win one of the last two games to move on.
  2. Good Morning and Happy World Octopus Day! I'm sure that it's Wednesday. We are going to the store to buy a turkey. Sadly, we can no longer buy pre-stuffed Butterballs because of the ingredients. Sigh. However, we will buy an empty one and stuff it with the sage and onion dressing my mom always made. I can take care of that and likely will be healthier for it. Have a pleasant day, whatever you are up to. Very cool, breezy and sunny here. Nice autumn day.
  3. i'm okay now, thank you. i just got busy and that made me feel better. i've been having trouble sleeping so that makes me less than happy. i like that it's cooler today, even though it's a bit humid.
  4. What day is it? Oh, Tuesday. I'm not in the best of moods this morning but hope that you are. Have a good one everyone.
  5. You have to apply. In your case, you'd need a job. There are different rules depending on why you are applying. Having worked with people who are coming to Canada to work, you do not need an immigration lawyer. If you follow the information on the Govt of Canada website, you can get through the application without more legal or expert help. Print out the checklist and make sure everything is done to the letter. Oddly, i've heard the number of applications for permanent residence is rather high lately.
  6. i was inspired by the beautiful celery i got (2 for $3.88) at our local market. I was chopping it to freeze (i usually do this just before winter to avoid mental prices later). I decided to chop some for the curry i'm gonna make tomorrow and then had an idea. I love chicken salad sandwiches. They and grilled cheese are among my most favoured of favourites. So because we are having a nice salad tonight with tomato and onion, just oil and vinegar dressing ... I'm going to make up some chicken salad filling.. we can have that on top of the salad of baby greens, onion and tomato tossed with good olive oil and rice vinegar and pepper. Maybe 1/2 a whole wheat roll. Maybe. We'll see what people want. That made me happy. We're off out for a walk soon. You enjoy your day too!!
  7. sounds like a good weekend all-in-all ❤️
  8. Oh, she's to blame, eh? LOL. Well, since a ball was involved, you're forgiven. I can hardly say much since I forgot myself. ..lol.
  9. Blue Jays beat the Yankees once again. They were up 12 - 0 in the 6th, finished 13 - 7. They are in New York on Tuesday, be nice if they can win that one too. Go Jays!!!
  10. pls use the sports section... i forgot earlier but will going forward. Thank you for your cooperation.
  11. pls use the sports section... i forgot earlier but will going forward. Thank you for your cooperation.
  12. Yeah sorry about that. I forgot my own sports section ...
  13. Woohoo ... Jays took Game 1 over the Yankees 10-1!!
  14. Mikiesboy

    Featherless

    Thank you, ReaderPaul. I appreciate you reading and your comments.
  15. Mikiesboy

    Featherless

    Thanks, k. i appreciate it. xo
  16. Mikiesboy

    Featherless

    Thank you, chris. xo
  17. Mikiesboy

    Featherless

    Aw, thanks, Reader. i always have doubts. xo
  18. Mikiesboy

    Featherless

    Thank you, Michael. xo
  19. Happy Space Week! Enjoy your Saturday!!
  20. i was born in dec of 1983
  21. **** I wake, and the world is silent, it expands from the body, maybe out beyond the stars. A thought lingers — but what if nothing waits, what if there's nothing but the dark? Fear sings in my bones. It offers no words, only weight, pressure behind the eyes, a lump in the chest that no prayer or promise is ever strong enough to lift. I am a ghost walking through days Like other shadows pretending we know the road ahead. Silence fills our days We are
  22. Good Morning, Fellow Travellers! Today is Friday and also on this Friday it is World Smile Day. So, share some of those with your friends, neighbours and passersby! Have a good one, folks.
  23. i don't buy clothes, Michael buys my clothes. But i've never asked for such a thing. i don't even know what one feels like. He certainly doesn't wear them. He doesn't wear sweaters of any kind at all. When i say my Husband is hot, it's because he literally is Hot. He spends his non-at-work life in sleeveless shirts and shorts year round. i will be freezing and in layers and blankets but not Michael. He does dress nicely for work and when we're out but He is a furnace on legs.
  24. Yes, its 60f/16c here atm. But by Monday we are supposed to have a high of 82F/27c. I hope the weather guys have change of mind before that! ~ wonders how much it would cost to knit himself a cashmere sweater~ Mmm, no after a quick peek at some nice cashmere that is 50% new and 50% recycled the cost would be about $300.00. So, not a project for me at this time.
×
×
  • Create New...