Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,506
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Thank you. i'm glad you enjoyed this. i've always like the idea that animals can talk on Christmas Eve, this sort of came from that old legend.
  2. Thanks, k.
  3. We are having a lil blizzard and it's pretty cold, but we walked to the grocery store and back. i liked it though, it's quiet out and not many around. i enjoy the peace and quiet. Have a nice Monday. I've given up the idea of baking today, but we have no planned events for tomorrow so baking it is. Wednesday, Thurs, and Friday we are busy.
  4. I'm sorry to hear that. i hope she can rally. i wish for peace for you and your family.
  5. We had a power failure this morning for several hours so that kinda put the kibosh on my baking for today. i will try again tomorrow. Instead, we had a bunch of ground beef to deal with, so we made a bunch of burger patties. I like to weigh them and then Michael uses the press to form them. Then we freeze them and package them up. After that, i found my old sewing machine and started to work on the backing for the blanket i made. I had to wind a bobbin and remember how to thread it.. The reverse switch isn't working, but i'll just hand-stitch the last bit. Once the seaming is done, I will hand sew the backing to the crocheted project. Dinner tonight is sourdough toast, mushrooms and a kind of Denver omelette without the meat. I am cooking some bangers in the air fryer to go along with that. Over the last few days i made about 6 pounds of fudge, sliced it into squares and wrapped in colourful foil. Today we bagged it up ready to share on the day. Tomorrow is bread day, cranberry orange gluten-free cookies and some mini mince tarts. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Let's share what we're making or doing to get ready for Christmas or Hanukkah or other celebrations. What plans do you have?
  6. Mikiesboy

    Whispers

    i'm doing okay, Parker. This was sometime ago and life got better for me. I hope you are well, my friend. xo
  7. The night lies deep in winter’s hold, A breath of white, and brittle frost Soft snow descends in drifting veils Each flake blesses with quiet light. Within the woods, the shadows lean And ancient pines quietly stand, A holly grows upon a tree, and in the moonlight, its berries shine. Above, the heavens, glitter in the cold, The stars bear witness this gentle night, Each shining like a watching eye, To secrets revealed below From brush and burrow, on hoof and w
  8. i saw the Messiah once. Someone i know was singing in it. i liked it very much. Enjoy it and enjoy your friend's love of singing. xo
  9. Maybe? But i get why you would.
  10. He does. It's his job to know what we both want.
  11. They sound super. I love Dollarama. Yep.
  12. I'll try to remember to take a pic of mine. Someone gave them to me one year for Christmas. They have anti-slip spots on the bottom.
  13. Sounds warm. i have a pair of pizza socks i wear when i'm super cold.. They are not pretty, but they work.
  14. Michael would not ask that ... He'd tell me, but not ask. hehe
  15. Aw, Gary! I adore you. Okay, Michael, who is a walking toaster oven, wouldn't wear shorts outside in this weather. i feel cold all the time. To the store i wore thick trousers (jeans are useless in the cold, cotton does not keep you warm) a turtleneck shirt, then a flannel shirt over that and then a hat, scarf, gloves, parka and boots. I had my ear mitts with me, but it wasn't windy, so i didn't need them. I'm still in the same clothes except for the flannel shirt. i have on socks and slippers, i'm covered up with my home knitted scrap blanket and i have a hot cup of tea. The heat is on too. Inside, Michael would be in a cotton t-shirt and a pair of thin shorts, no socks. However, now and then He will say he feels cool. LOL.
  16. Something changed here, it was supposed to be that cold here, but it's a balmy 21f. Puttin' on shorts for my walk to the grocery store!
  17. They were fun to make. We ate them with the Moroccan Stew i made a few days ago. Next time, i will do as she mentions and stop after the first prove and put the dough in its bowl into the fridge. More taste will develop overnight. As well, i didn't have the fast instant yeast, i'd get that next time. I also didn't put in the sugar... i put in an 1/8th of a teaspoon and the yeast seemed happy. I think the fast one will help with the rise after you roll out the dough before putting in the frying pan. But mine did puff up a bit and tasted good. I enjoyed making them.
  18. Brilliant, it sounds great.
  19. Are you taking a tour, or just doing your own thing? I think that's great.
  20. Well, with all this travel talk.. tomorrow i'm going to the grocery store, today is laundry, vacuuming, making naan for dinner. Nothing exciting to report. Here is the recipe for naan... https://www.recipetineats.com/naan-recipe/
  21. Hush yourself up. Yeah, it's cold. I have 3 fall/winter coats. Two pairs of boots. Dress right and it's doable. If you wanna wear sandals in winter (and people do here) and you're cold or need an amputation, that's on them/you. I get tired of hot weather food ... i like me a good stick-to-your-ribs stew. You'll be happier when you get your car fixed. I spent 1.5 hours in with our very nice bank advisor and my Husband today sorting our mutual funds, retirement savings and credit cards. There was discussion of POAs and beneficiaries. It's done now, and the best part was our late Vietnamese lunch. Dinner will be porridge and toasted sour dough bread. I don't want that in summer.
  22. Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your family, food and friends. Have a great long weekend too, if you're so lucky.
×
×
  • Create New...