Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,510
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Nah, He doesn't forget, He remembers just about everything. lol
  2. Michael said, "Are you kidding me? Last year you bought all new knives, a Bamix complete thing with a slicer chopper thing, and a mandolin, how many slicey killer sharp-edged things do you need?" So, i am not buying one of those, i'm afraid. lol He forgets about the new scissors but that's okay. lol
  3. Happy Monday. One of us has to volunteer to go to the store. We are out of fruit, and mostly that's what we all want to eat. The 'shoppers' who pick stuff for home delivery just grab whatever, for the most part. That part of home delivery has not been a good experience. While i don't feel like cooking, some needs to be done. I've been trying to think of things we like, are easy, quick and taste good so, i'm going to make meatballs, some honeyed walnuts and a pumpkin loaf. The walnuts are a good little snack along with some fruit, same with the pumpkin loaf. There is a lot of squash and veggie stuffed peppers in the freezer we can add to make up decent meals. Oh, btw, thanks to @kbois who is not only my road trip go-to person, but someone who convinced me to get an air fryer. I have not looked back since we got it. It is worth its weight, i'm telling you. Okay, i'll shut up now. Have a good day all.
  4. oh.. Yeah, i have a container of those in the freezer. It's a simple, however, not traditional way to cook them. It's a good way to cook them if you like to keep stuff prepped in the freezer too. Happy soup making! It's not looking great around here healthwise. i think Michael may attempt to do some work from home this week, but He's not doing great. It seems whatever this likes to come back and reshare itself. Thankfully, however, our foster dog has gone home. He's easy to care for but does need attention and i think he was missing his mom. Anyway, thanks for the kind wishes. I hope you enjoy your soup. I'm going back to bed.
  5. Speaking of Amazon... omg... i ordered 2 boxes of 6 paint mixing bottles for Michael. It was $25. What arrived today, one single bottle. ONE. A rather expensive bottle. I better see a credit on the account for the difference. I sent the seller a message. I hate ordering things thru sellers on amazon for this reason. Why would you do such a thing? Geez. Anyway.
  6. i didn't really think you were thinking of actual glitter...but i know my Husband..lol. The eyebrow would go up, He'd look at me and say, Don't get any ideas. LOL ... but sparkling is a nice way to be. What you did was great because there's too much negative stuff around. How can any one be negative about sparkling (other than you-know-who). I love sparkling water, just saying the word makes you feel better. I ordered a bunch of this yesterday. Our soda stream is dead and we haven't been able to go get another. We could order one but for some things i rather put my own two hands on it first. We have been drinking a lot of water this last week.
  7. oh my... Michael will cringe when He reads sparkling...there have been issues with glitter in the past.. LOL!! i'm not allowed any now for the good of the environment. (which makes sense). But personally i think there's more to it.
  8. It is Saturday. I managed to sleep 5 hours all in a row! The coughing has subsided somewhat, another blessing. Yesterday i was making a 'tea' from my mixed fruit tea bags, garlic, lemon, hot peppers and honey in an effort to reduce the coughing. It tasted okay. I cannot take cold meds for health reasons, so try using things like that to calm things down. i can take tylenol and the first few days took as much as allowed because of how sh*t i felt. I managed to do a couple of rows of knitting yesterday. It's a simple knit stitch only scarf i'm making for myself, but i haven't able to do any since Monday. I also added a few lines to my story. All great progress. And i'm writing this ... i feel okay so far today. Michael is similar but not his usual self at all. Same for the Danster. But there is light.. lol. Also, today is World Archaeology Day. Something Michael loves being a history buff. I get that lots are not, but it is fascinating studying the past. We won't get into the discussion about learning from history, okay? Anyway, have a good day. I think i have lots of words bunged up in my head which is why this post is so so long. LOL
  9. oh nice news on here today. Excellent work @kbois. Hopefully you bread comes out nice and the job too. i have overused the word nice but i am not fixing it. Have fun, chris on yet another holiday. Thank you @Starrynight22 i just got up after a two hour 'nap'. i feel so rotten and i've only been ill since Tuesday. Michael succumbed on Thursday, Danny on Saturday.. and they are still feeling lousy. Nothing tastes good atm to any of us. And i am beyond thirsty..geez. And we don't sleep.. hence daily naps for all of us. Anyway i hope you all had a good friday.
  10. Thank you so much. I apologize for the lateness in responding. I'm grateful for you reading this and commenting.
  11. Thank you, Reader. I'm sorry i'm so late. Still sick but at least can write a sentence. Thanks for reading this one. xoxo
  12. Aw, thank you so much. I pleased to know that you enjoyed this. I hope you are well, I'm very sorry this reply is so late. xo
  13. Thank you for reading and for your comments. It was a lovely morning. I'm sorry this is late but i've been sick as you know and i'm finally able to string a few words together. xo
  14. i'm sorry this is so late, Gary. i've been dealing with a nasty bug. Thank you for reading this and for your comment.
  15. I'm sorry to be late, chris. Thank you for reading this. i'm happy to know you enjoyed it. xo
  16. i'm sorry this is late, i'm getting over some crappy virus. I'm glad you enjoyed this one Parker, it was a beautiful morning. xo
  17. What do i think? Well, i think this author should perhaps consider writing more stuff for us to read. Maybe publishing his stories? This is another interesting story, where the truth depends on who you are talking to. Excellent.
      • 5
      • Love
  18. A twisted shifter tale...er tail, no, tale. If you like things a bit on the different side, give this one a try.
      • 8
      • Love
  19. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Hmm, indeed. My brain isn't working too well because i have some horrible virus and can't sleep for more than three hours. Perhaps the old guy knew it was possible to get sent elsewhere within the hereafter? Perhaps its normal to jump around...i guess that would stop you from becoming bored. And how are deliveries sent to the Hereafter? So many questions!
  20. This is a sweet tale of unconditional love offered by dogs. They also help us to see the world differently and sometimes help open the lines of communication between ourselves. In this we see Buster do that for Jake and his family and also John. Don't miss this one.
      • 6
      • Love
      • Like
  21. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    A super sweet story of love and loyalty. There's nothing quite like the love of a dog. Thanks for this excellent offering.
  22. An excellent story for the theme of this anthology. I recommend reading it. I just hope things don't truly end this way. Great job.
      • 3
      • Love
  23. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    I enjoyed your take on the anthology theme very much. The hereafter does not sound like a good place to be.
  24. i enjoyed this tale and recommend it. There's a lot packed into this short tale. Don't miss it.
      • 4
      • Love
×
×
  • Create New...