Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,504
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thanks so much, Cassie. i appreciate you reading this and i'm happy you enjoyed it!
  2. We're gonna have soup but not that one. Thanks, though. We have some chicken in the fridge, and we'll add grated carrot and spinach to Walmart's low salt chicken noodle soup mix. Which is surprisingly good. We'll add a homemade whole wheat roll and that'll do it.
  3. omg, both my arms are killing me, it's nuts. Michael kindly ordered in for dinner last night, but i need to make something tonight, stuff in the fridge needs using.
  4. Snowing out. Shovelled yesterday. We're supposed to get more, but i've had covid shot in the left arm and flu in the right. Neither really want to shovel anything, atm. I think there is a little electric snow mover-y thingy somewhere. I will track it down, it should be able to do the bit of snow we'll get. Only the sidewalk and path needs doing if we get more. Michael and i shovelled it last night. It is cold but not windy, so it was a nice walk to the pharmacy to get the vaccines. Have a good day folks.
  5. Thank you very much, Starry. He was a blessing, and his memory is too. We miss him every day.
  6. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you for reading and your comment. Trees are remarkable beings, i think you're right, and we should give more thought to all living things.
  7. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you so much. I'm pleased that you liked it. It was a nice change of pace to write it.
  8. Oh, yes. Have fun with that. i'm always surprised at the amount of research needed to write my stories. Research brings cool things sometimes, like, Kodama. I'd never heard of them before. Remember, however, during Franco's time, people did not have as much info or access to it, as you do now. Something to consider.
  9. Good luck with the story. Remember, a story will be as long as it needs to be. Don't force trying to make it longer or shorter. Just write it.
  10. Have a good Tuesday. Got some housework and yard work to do. They are saying we may get snow, so i have to finish tidying up the garden and yard. Sigh, it was more fun when Danny was here.
  11. *** Who decides our time on Earth? They've taken my friend, with no thought of me Leaving me lost and broken-hearted. Selfish are my drifting thoughts perhaps Dan chose to go, But I don't believe for a moment he'd walk away willingly. I've scoured the house for signs a note, a card or a sound but nothing answers in each room there's only silence, heavy and cold. If there’s a reason, I can’t find it. If there’s peace, it hides from me. All that rema
  12. It is Monday, It's windy, chilly and raining here. i walked to the store today, something i've not done alone for a very long time. i survived it, however. LOL. Michael will be pleased i did not die. Today is also World Sandwich Day, something we very rarely have anymore but that i do love when i can. I guess the closest thing we have to a sandwich is on homemade burgers on Friday. Which reminds me tomorrow i need to make some hamburger buns. Hope everyone's Monday is good. Take care xoxo
  13. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you for your thoughtful comments. I wanted to write something, not violent or awfully sad or hopeless. I'm glad this worked for you. And I know what you mean, but you don't have to lose all your sense of wonder. It's okay to still believe in miracles and Santa Claus. Thanks again for taking the time to read this story.
  14. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment.
  15. i like that one and the Vanilla Cappuccino tea. It's nice if you fancy a coffee or a treat but don't want to drink a 'real' coffee. They both smell and taste great. They recommend the Vanilla Cap to use iced, but i've not tried it. I think i will though since we don't drink coffee much and never buy it now.
  16. It's polar bear week. IUCN is the International Union for Conservation of Nature For more info and to learn how you can help save these wonderful creatures, please visit here. I managed to complete chapter 5 of my pet project today. Time change and my over active brain had me awake, so I thought i'd give writing something a try today. Made myself a David's Tea, Forever Nuts, with a little maple syrup and a splash of almond milk, and wrote a couple of thousand words. I think that I'll need another chapter to finish this story off. It's a romantic ghost story ... I'm going to wake up my Husband and fix us some breakfast, I think. See you later.
  17. Mikiesboy

    Skee and Zipi

    A very sweet tale. The natural world amazes me often, as i see stories of animals who we usually consider enemies, being friends. Thanks for this, I enjoyed it.
  18. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Fairly sure i would not eat at a restaurant called the funky chicken. This is a sweet story, thanks chris.
  19. Mikiesboy

    True Treasure

    I enjoyed this charming story. Thank you.
  20. Mikiesboy

    Waterwall

    You have to feel sorry for these guys. I certainly hope that we don't end up this way. Not much of an afterlife. I'd prefer a warm sunny beach and free food.
  21. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    I appreciate all of you who read this. A special thank you to @Gary L who proofread this for the anthology. I value your comments and effort. Thanks again.
  22. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you. You're right, modern man seems to have forgotten they are part of the natural world. I wonder if it will be money, rather than intolerance, that will bring down humanity. I'm glad this story sent you on that tangent. I like stories that make me think. Thanks again for taking the time to read and share your thoughts. 💙
×
×
  • Create New...