Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,508
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. It was pouring, but not for very long. Not enough to help, really. Canada hasn't had enough rainfall for a number of years, according to the weather people. It's a problem in many places, I guess.
  2. Did a few things today...also did not get blown away; it's very gusty today.. Did have a donut and did finish my story for the anthology. i tried a new way (for me) i actually wrote a sort of outline and it has chapters even though it's just over 4k words. The outline was done by chapter and i gave myself a range for the number of words and listed what i wanted to say generally. It worked quite well for my brain, which usually says…no way i can write that. My reader has read it, now just need to track down my editor... 🥳
  3. Have a great Friday, everyone. It's Freddie Mercury's birthday today, so,
  4. Hope everyone had a nice Thursday. I was working on a few things today. I slept in plus it was pouring so I didn't do too much. Have a bit of running around tomorrow. Have a nice night! xo
  5. Vaguely. Just a bit frustrated. A) by people who leave things to the last minute and don't ever, ever F'g EVER think ahead. b) by people who are in responsible jobs dealing with people who DO NOT f'g LISTEN. They cannot think, they can only read the paper in front of them, which they repeat over and over again. i will calm down ... then i will take over looking after people's appointments around here
  6. I lied.. we were in that office for like 5 minutes.. told us to make an appointment. You can't book an appointment for that office...i found out when i got home and tried. No, but i can make one for an office 8km away for October 9th. Luckily it's this year. Hopefully a health card is not required in the meantime. Sigh Update.. decided to go back an check all the locations.. found one farther away than the other but can get in there on Sept 18th. It's only 13km away. That's much better than middle of october.
  7. Off to Govt of Ontario offices.. for several hours. Have a pleasant day all!!!!!
  8. Happy Back to School Day, aka Sept 2nd, 2025/Tuesday. Also, in case you did not know it is: Yes, i'm aware some of you may dislike coconut, luckily you don't have to eat it if you rather not. I may have some coconut in the house, so might have to make some of these... Have a splendid day ahead, with, or without, coconut!!!
  9. oh well, then you're used to it..LOL
  10. An interesting trip through a garden and forest in late summer. Each poem brings a vivid view of the word and some of its creatures. Thank you, Parker.
  11. Mmm, Level? maybe? Well, the benefits aren't that great so i'm not gonna sign up myself. lol
  12. it's just a Labour day joke.. haha
  13. Sounds like a nice weekend and a day to yourself is well deserved. Enjoy your day!!
  14. Oh, i'm sorry to hear that, Gary. You'll be missed. xo
  15. Happy Labour Day! My labour for the day is making bread, feeding hungry men and walking the dog. Oh, and working on the United Submissive's Union of Canada. i'm sure that will work out...LOL Have a good one, friends!
  16. Hi, Parker. Honestly, it wasn't too hard. The hardest sentence for me was this one: "So, now with no longer being your boss, it's okay for me to ask you out. What do you say?" I think i should have put 'me' in there.. Like: So, now with me no longer being your boss... But I really wanted to write, So, now that I'm no longer your boss... That was the stickiest spot for me. Thanks for reading it, my friend.
  17. haha.. omg. We just had a delivery. Michael answered the door. The delivery guy was Jamaican .. i like that accent. He said to Michael. Did you play basketball? Michael said no and laughed. Then the delivery guy said I admire your height. Michael said, You can have some of it. LOL We have such great people who deliver stuff. I love talking to them and my Uber drivers. I took Uber often in the winter when i was still in the office. I met some amazing and interesting people that way. Okay.. sorry.. i'm sure i have something to do.. lol Maybe bake a cake...
  18. Oh yes, this was an excellent series.
  19. Happy Sunday. I hope you all have a wonderful day! August 31 is also Maria Montessori's birthday. Did anyone here attend a Montessori school? I did not but it looks interesting. Have a great day all!
  20. Thanks, law. Yeah, i think we're all guilty of that when writing in 1st POV. This kind of writing exercise shows what's possible. It makes you think about other ways of doing things. At least that's what became obvious to me during the process. (Original sentence: At least that's what I discovered as I wrote it.) LOL. Thanks for reading, my friend.
  21. i think you should just try it.. It makes you think about what you're writing, and that's not a bad thing. i read Ron's story five years ago and thought the same thing at that time. But why not just try, you don't have to publish it if you don't want. Or tell anyone, even. The little piece was started about midnight with no thought or planning. I wrote the first sentence and just wrote the rest organically. Just have some fun with it. Thanks for reading and your comments, A.
  22. Thanks. It was just a little experiment. I'm glad it worked. I appreciate you reading it.
  23. Right? It's only a thing if you want it to be. It was fun to try. I hope you're not mad at me for not asking you to edit this. I figured this was short enough, that I could avoid some of my usual pitfalls. Thanks for reading!! ♥️
×
×
  • Create New...