Jump to content

Myr

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    15,747
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Myr

  1. Okay... Let's stop with the Microsoft bashing. Let's cover a couple of points: 1) Windows 8 Customer Preview is the Beta. It is just a lot more stable than a usual beta. http://www.winsupersite.com/article/paul-thurrotts-wininfo/microsoft-delivers-windows-8-consumer-preview-142424 2) Windows 8 has lower system requirements than XP... In fact, Windows 8 will actually run on the Windows Phone as of the next update. (Windows Phone is currently based on Windows CE.) I installed Windows 8 on my older laptop. It is different. Very Different. I will say that I do not like how the new interface works with the touchpad. However, I think I'd be fine with the mouse. And a touch screen would kick ass big time. As far as speed goes, Windows 8 is FAST on my laptop. Much faster than Vista ever was.
  2. She was a great singer and may she rest in peace. But this should also be a lesson to what drugs will do to your life...
  3. I'm just owning the term.
  4. I am not really sure why the groupthink/mob mentality exsits that everyone has to agree on everything. Opinions (and reviews) are like assholes. We all have one. And they all stink. Lugh posted this review in the way he did to elicit response. And as he said earlier, it has had quite the response. As for 'management' having 'utter contempt' towards an author... that is complete and utter bullshit of the highest order. Dom was one of the first authors on this site and I picked him because he is a phenomial writer. Even if Desert Dropping isn't my favorite story, I do like it. I do not agree with the reviewer, but that is one person's opinion. And if we blocked that opinion from being expressed, we'd get whining about censorship in the other direction. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.
  5. I'm a geek. Totally. I have 2 engineering degrees and I'm working on a third now. I run Gay Authors... including all the software design for GA.Stories. (didn't do the programming. I don't have that sort of time) Star Trek, Babylon 5, SeaQuest (Johnathan Brandis was yummy, may he RIP) Almost all my books and games would be classed as Fantasy or Sci-Fi. As for hanging out... I don't much at all. Though I'll take someone cuddly that likes sci-fiand action movies ... and I'm 6ft tall.
  6. Quite interesting. I would imagine that the holing and capsizing and then sinking of the Andrea Doria is formost on the Italian minds. My first thought when I saw this was "Geesh! Another one?"
  7. Big thanks to Lugh and all those that have helped kick off our first week! I'm looking forward to the stuff that's coming. If you want to help, by all means, volunteer
  8. Myr

    Writing Tip Joke

    Some good advice there...
  9. Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke (which thankfully I had never heard before nor will ever listen to again!)
  10. Myr

    Chapter 11

    This chapter was more than a tad depressing.
  11. Myr

    Chapter 7

    I agree with the last reviewer. It was a very mean way to start the chapter. And not very friendly way to end it either.
  12. Myr

    Chapter 5

    Every so often I forget the bad jokes in this story... the quick reread is enough to make me groan over them...
  13. Myr

    Chapter 4

    This story just zips right along in the early chapters. Jason is more than a little annoying.
  14. Myr

    Chapter 3

    I just loved Momma Broman in this chapter.
  15. Myr

    Chapter 2

    One of the things that has most impressed me about Don's stories is that he brings religion and faith into them. Gays in general are quick to discard Christianity because of the bigotry of some (but not all) of its adherents. I'm glad to see it because I personally believe that man needs something to believe in other than himself.
  16. Myr

    Chapter 1

    Don, this story hooked my interest the first time I read it years ago and it continues to do so now. My perspective has changed quite a lot, I've noticed, but I still like the story. From a technical standpoint, the characters are a bit more archtypical and on this site, the 'rich gay boy' is used a LOT. Some of the newer people reviewing have been harsher than I feel is warranted, for for no other reason than they didn't read far enough. This first chapter was first posted in November of 1999 on Nifty. In the past 13 years, your writing has gone from interesting to deep and compelling. Good start to a great story.
  17. Great advice!
  18. I wholeheartedly agree with Cia's review. Working it Out is one of my favorites. In particular, I think Don does a wonderful job of addressing religion and showing that you can be both gay and Christian. Don also has a great story called Beloved that is currently in process. (careful though, it is already over 540,000 words and still going)
  19. And so it begins...
  20. I'm on The Corsair. And I'm a Jedi Sentinel. I can't really do evil very well. lol
  21. Is anyone on GA playing Star Wars: The Old Republic? I'm thinking of starting a Guild for us if enough people are playing. Post here if you are and if you're interested in making a Guild.
  22. I have been meaning to get back down to DC. This would be a great excuse. June would be best. I'm locked up in classes until the end of May and can't get away until after that.
  23. Happy New Year All!
  24. Myr

    Chapter 27

    I enjoyed this chapter as well. I'm really looking forward to Kandric meeting his grandfather...
  25. Merry Christmas Everyone!
×
×
  • Create New...