Jump to content

Myr

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    15,749
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Myr

  1. Now that I know where these things are hiding *old topic... pictures now missing*
  2. LOL
  3. Well... I did Comicality's Cafe's skin first. Since this is primarily purple, I have done the purple theme as well. Red is next.
  4. They will be all installed Ethan. But I have to spend time to make them all. Obviously, I'll have to do one first.
  5. Myr

    damn me!

    Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a US radio personality who dispenses advice to people who call in to her Radio show. On her radio show recently, she said that, as an observant orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, penned by a US resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as thought provoking: Dear Dr. Laura: Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination.. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them. 1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female,provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians? 2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her? 3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense. 4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them? 5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. The passage clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself? 6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination? 7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here? 8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27.How should they die? 9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves? 10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14) I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
  6. I'm one step closer now that I have the new menu working right. I do have most of the buttons already complete.
  7. I've only had time to sqeeze in a few minutes here and there on "The Sims 2"
  8. We have a blue skin. What color is a priority to you?
  9. I just spent the last 2 hours getting the Story Archive to work again. Grrr. It functions though.
  10. And the dancing two boys can do is rather disturbing... my eyes certainly got wide.
  11. Welcome to everyone that has just joined.
  12. Until I get a chance to sit down and correct differences in servers, you'll notice a few broken links and broken images. A mass update is due this weekend when I'll have time to do the updates.
  13. Happy Birthday! I hope it goes well for you! :king:
  14. Have you played The Sims 2 yet? It is so realistic. Heh. Getting two teen boys to make out is all sorts of fun
  15. Well, it does seem google is awfully fast about changing their minds, then.
  16. fixed. thanks.
  17. I will be closing the board Friday at 6 pm or so. It will be closed as long as it taked your DNS to update. (should be by Sunday)
  18. I can't seem to split this topic right now due to a bug in the software. So I'm closing it until I can upgrade the board and fix it.
  19. You're teacher is a paranoid leftwing nut. And Homeland Security department was pushed down the throat of President Bush by the democrats in Congress.
  20. It would probably be best not to discuss that here Sparhawk, though I think you are quite right. Bush certainly pisses me off catering to the religious right bigots on the gay issue, but overall, I trust him one hell of a lot more with the War on Terror. Kerry seems to think that the $200 billion spent on the War on Terror would have been better spent on education. WTF? We be educated, but we be dead. Good Job.
  21. Myr

    MSN

    The Chat room is open 24 hours a day... it's just a question of getting people to show up to chat at the same time(s).
  22. No. I don't think I could do it. You can tell when the writer is passionate about what they are writing and when they are only faking it. Fortunately, we are much closer to the point where gay is mainstream. Look at the popular shows right now... Queer Eye for the Straight Guy... stuff like that.
  23. Myr

    MSN

    I'm all for it, I just haven't taken the time to organize it. any thoughts?
  24. Myr

    9/11

    Yeah... I remember that day all too well. I had taken a break from writing PoD and chatting with Sparhawk. I took a quick shower and came back to find my screen flooded with messages, including urgent ones from Sparhawk, all telling me to go turn on the TV. Which is what I did. Every single channel (all 70 of them) where the same bloody nightmare. I watched the first tower collapse. Then I stood around in disbelief. I jumped in my car and drove over to school, so I wasn't alone and I could talk to other people. I got to my department and found the office crammed tight. Over 50 people surrounding a 13inch tv. 3 engineers (profs) were discussing the collapse and trying to figure out why. We engineers design against the pancaking effect we saw on those towers. I watched as students exited isolated classes and found out. The campus closed and students started to gather in front of the large screens and small screens all over campus. That night, I watched our president on the moviescreen in the main auditorium at school with over 1000 of my schoolmates.
  25. Sounds like you have a serious problem with your java. Comsie's site is currently using a java-based countdown timer. I'd try running Windows update to get all your updates first. If that doesn't work, download Sun's Java and install it. Or you can try shutting off Java in your internet options.
×
×
  • Create New...