Jump to content

Myr

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    15,748
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Myr

  1. Very Cool.
  2. It is usually very hard to edit your own stuff. Mainly because, you know what you wanted to say. Therefore you keep reading over the same thing and not seeing a problem with it. You can generally avoid this by going a decent period of time between writing it and editing it. People rarely have the patience though.
  3. Nav: 1) yes, but it is not that easy. Changing one setting blows a whole bunch of others totally out of whack. It takes a lot of time to tweak those settings correctly 2) We are running beta software where the skin style/settings are going to change, hence why there is very little customization at the moment. The new version is due out in final form next week. Hopefully, after next weekend, this will no longer be an issue and we will have multiple colors to choose from. Myr
  4. Nope, I have something more insidious in mind. I go out and try to actively recruit authors to come join this place. So far, I've been very pleased with the authors that have come along. When I'm writing, I'm writing to please myself really. So I compete against me, since I'm the only one I need to beat to satisfy my ego. In writing, no two people can write the same way. Certainly, you can mimic, but as your latest chapter of GFD has pointed out, being a mimic and being the real thing are two vastly different things. Well... thinking about it now, I do like it over at Fanfiction, where when you search, my HP fanfic, HP and the Parliament of Dreams, is one of the longest stories, and most reviewed on fanfiction. And with over 160,000 HP stories, having that distinction is an ego boost Great questions Comsie! Myr
  5. Myr

    Too Quiet!

    I've been getting that myself. And also from professors on my next revision of my thesis. *sigh*
  6. Myr

    Too Quiet!

    Where in the world did everyone go? :nuke: did some drop a bomb? :nuke: Is everyone out getting lucky? or are you just hiding? I'm around... come join me.
  7. Did you want to help? I'm forming a new group of advisors. I'm looking for representatives from the authors, editors, and readers groups. If you feel that you've got something to contribute and would like to keep Gay Authors open and moving forward, please drop me a PM. Thanks, Myr
  8. I'm looking for people that are good at PHP, HTML, Flash, and graphics creation. I need some help with running Gay Authors. With my schedule as tight as it is right now, and the requests that keep coming in for hosting, I need some assistance. If you know any or all of the above, have spare time, and would like to help me keep Gay Authors open and thriving, please drop me a PM. Thanks, Myr
  9. Damn! Sounds like a harsh one. Best of luck to you. They say that Hurricane Frances is going to be harsh. I sure hope they are wrong.
  10. Happy Birthday!
  11. The short answer is "Yes". In fact, I have more written than what is posted (though not much). I also have a plan for completing the story. But lately I've been more focused on the rules of magic for my fantasy world. As this effects all the stories I'm working on except The HP stuff and Psionic Corps, it has a higher priorty. I'm really glad you are enjoying the story though
  12. Welcome to Gay Authors!
  13. Myr

    Top Site List

    I have completed the transfer of all links from the old system.
  14. I'm thinking of doing my doctorate in Systems Engineering. But I need a little break first.
  15. Glad you're in school Taryn. Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you find some new ones there.
  16. Welcome Back
  17. I like what Woodcarver had to say and I'll resist the fancy quoting system. As a writer, though not nearly as prolific as you Coms (yet), I strongly recommend you give us your vision. As I explained to you privately, I really liked Magic Man, which wasn't well recieved by some of your whining critics. Might I kindly suggest that you tell them to accept what you write and be happy with it? As for length, tell the story you want to tell in however many words it takes you to say what you want to say. As for how long a topic stays up, keep it up as long as you think it deserves discussion I'd also like to add, as your webmaster, I don't think people give you nearly as much credit as you deserve for the hardwork you do. That's both writing and other stuff. I certainly look forward to receiving things from you, and as always, I promise a quick turnaround to get them on your site.
  18. So, who amongst us finds themselves in the hallowed halls of learning this fall? Are you a Freshman? Are you going back? Going from Community College to University? For myself, I'm plodding along on my master's thesis. Hopefully, I'll finally tie it off this fall. Myr
  19. Welcome to Gay Authors!
  20. poke around here: http://www.voy.com/17262/
  21. hmmm...
  22. Myr

    By the way...

    Jamie likes bears
  23. Myr

    By the way...

    hmmm
  24. Myr

    CRPGs anyone?

    I have shelves full of 2nd Ed AD&D books and stuff. Not to mention novels out the wazoo. My schedule is more friendly towards computers, since I can play when I want and not have to gather friends up. Not to mention after shelling out $50 for 3rd ed D&D rule books... and not playing anymore... I haven't had the heart to shell it out again for 3.5 ed books. Though, I will at some point. NWN2 and BG3 are going to be using 3.5 rules.
  25. Myr

    Top Site List

    Click "Control Panel" https://www.gayauthors.org/list/index.php?act=ctl Then click Add a site. https://www.gayauthors.org/list/index.php?act=ctl&code=05 Movieguy, you're going to find that I've added quite a few of the ones you added to the old system and trasferred control of them to you. Myr
×
×
  • Create New...