I'm eventually going to redo the main page of the site...
I'm thinking of using the IPB Portal...
https://www.gayauthors.org/index-test.php
What do you think?
Yup... it definitely looks more fancy. I'm drowning in bells and whistles. It'll be awhile before I get a hand on all of them.
On the flip side, I've at least got the logo back. I'll test with it for awhile. It is much easier to edit colors on this new version than it was on the old... so once I settle on a standard format for the logo, you can expect color choices that include: blue, green, red, gold, and purple.
There are a ton of new features here on the board...
(not all apply to everyone.. but cool nonetheless)
[GLOBAL] Relative Dates
[GLOBAL] Online forum users shows who is posting a new topic
[GLOBAL] Online topics users shows who is replying to the topic
[GLOBAL] Skin chooser on each page
[GLOBAL] Neater quick stats with collapsable main stats
[topicS] Multiple attachments with auto-thumbnail generation
[topicS] Online/Offline user indicators in posts
[topicS] Multi-Quote- ability to quote more than 1 post at a time
[topicS] Ability to search in topics
[topicS] Ability to bypass the bad word filter
[topicS] Threaded mode view
[topicS] Linear plus mode view
[topicS] Skin dependent team icon images (optional)
[topicS] Skin dependent emoticons (optional)
[topicS] Skin dependent mime type images
[sEARCH] Full text searching improvements
[sEARCH] Optimized with better search result display
[postING] Ability to attach files to polls when starting
[postING] Ability to perform mod actions when starting polls
[postING] Improved basic Mozilla editor (text at cursor)
[postING] Ability to put attachments inline with the post
[postING] Custom BBCode
[PM] Ability to attach files to a PM
[PM] Ability to show CC users
[PM] Message count for each folder
[PM] Improved new PM notification
[uCP] Avatar resize now with GD image compression
[uCP] Photo resize now with GD image compression
[uCP] Ignore user feature
The Calendar, Quoting System, and Auto-Thumbnail for attachements is just plain cool.
This is an example of a posted image
One reason I always write fantasies or Sci-Fi. It is probably wise to put a disclamior on top reminding people that in the real world, it is wise to use protection.
But then, as a young teen, it is often difficult (or embarassing) to come by condoms and proper lube.
It is something that people need to be aware of, but putting in the story, especially if it sounds preachy, could really ruin the story.
I'd like to welcome everyone to Gay Authors!
Below you'll find welcome posts for new members as they appear.
Be sure to post a welcome to help everyone feel at home here
My story was used as a reference as "modern use" for the word "Corps"
http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/...h/Co/Corps.html
If you search for "Myr" you'll find me on the bottom somewhere. Pretty cool.