Jump to content

Myr

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    15,749
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Myr

  1. I fixed that thumbnail issue. When you post images, it'll show up as a thumbnail.
  2. I was just reading the latest issue of PC Gamer, which is devoted to Dungeons & Dragons' 30th anniversary. All I have to say is WOW! Bioware ( http://www.bioware.com ), the folks that brought us Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2 (the assoicated expansions), and the engine behind Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2 and Planescape Torment, and last but certainly not least, Neverwinter Nights, is very busy working on a new original world game called "Dragon Age". Some of the E3 reviews of that included decriptions of in-game sequences like the battle scene in Return of the King... They also brought us the Star Wars Smash Hit, Knights of the Old REpublic. Let's say Bioware just plan rocks at making computer Roleplaing games. http://www.bioware.com/games/dragon_age/ This issue was talking about some new things on the Obsidian Studios (made up of those refugees of the collapse of Black Isle studios) are making two games that should peak people's interest: Neverwinter Nights 2 and Knights of the Old Republic 2. These should be fun. A huge, looking like free, expansion for NWN is being developed by a mod community to introduce Dragon Lance to NWN. http://www.dladventures.com/ On the rumor mill, Baldur's Gate 3 has been greenlighted. Hopefully, it will be done by Bioware... on the Dragon Age Engine. That would be very cool. So, poke around... there are some really cool games out there and up and coming that are just going to rock. :king:
  3. Welcome to Gay Authors!
  4. It's probably best to close this. There is no way we are going to change each other's minds. No sense in wasting our time telling each other how stupid are points of view are.
  5. Myr

    Son In Law

    OMG
  6. That's strange. I take it that you were all for taking out the Japanese in WWII before dealing with the Germans? Are we so weak as to not be able to take on two enemies at once? Isn't this a War on Terror in all its forms?
  7. Living in New York state, perhaps my perspective is a bit jaundiced.
  8. The events of 9/11/2001 changed perspectives drastically for everyone. While we shouldn't willy nilly invade everyone, anyone that harbors actionable threats against the USA/Western Society, should be neutralized.
  9. Myr

    Hey Myr

    You're welcome! I have the Tamir Books 1 and 3, but haven't had a chance to read them. Lynn says on her site that after book 3 is done, she is doing the next book of the Night Runner series.
  10. Nope. It's coming along. when I have time to write, that is.
  11. Yup. I know what you're talking about. It was one the main reasons that it took 1 year for me to write chapter 29 of HP & the PoD. I work on other things and go back. One reason why I have so many stories in process. heh
  12. Yup... it's down. give it a day or two, a lot of the stories seem to be having issues... and Different World is pretty cool too.
  13. From their front page: August 8th -- Our primary server suffered hardware failure yesterday resulting in disrupted service to the login area. Document manager and other login related services are currently functional though not very stable. We are currently awaiting shipments of replacement parts and should have everything fixed by week's end. They have a HUGE amount of traffic and get hiccups more than they should. (there is something like 147,000 Harry Potter stories)
  14. Happy Sweet Sixteen Julian Alexander! :king: I hope you have a great day!
  15. Welcome folks!
  16. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day! :king: Myr
  17. Myr

    Top Site List

    Just FYI, I've transferred the numbers in from the old system. (hits and clicks) Ranking is weighted based on number of hits, number of clicks and votes. So if you have a site, and wish for it to climb, it would be best to add the hit counter to your site...
  18. Myr

    Top Site List

    I also fixed the voting issue. You'll no longer get that stupid no permission error.
  19. That's something I surely understand. Best of luck to you on this semester.
  20. Myr

    Top Site List

    Interesting. Fixed for now.
  21. Myr

    Top Site List

    I've gotten about 1/3 of the links moved now. Check it out! You can rate the sites and check out some cool ones you may not have noticed. I found one in Published Authors that I didn't know about and now I have another novel to look forward to.
  22. Happy Birthday my friend! :king: All the best wishes to you! Myr
  23. You may have noticed a little switching around on the menu on top of the page. I have installed a new integrated piece of software on the site. It is a Links Directory and a Top Site list. You can add sites yourselves. I'm currently converting the sites that were in the old links engine. This new Links directory is much more powerful, and it works. It is also handy to add new sites, since you don't have to through so much gruff. If you are logged into this board, then you are logged in on the links engine. For webmasters out there, there is webring code, and other things like hit counters and position indicators that show you where you're ranked and to help you improve your rank. Just click "Control Panel" and then "Add a Site". Pretty easy and straight forward. Myr
  24. Happy Birthday gottalme508! I hope you have a great day and have many happy returns! :king:
×
×
  • Create New...