Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

spyke

Members
  • Posts

    2,562
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spyke

  1. I'm mad for you. Bureaucracy at its worst. 😠
  2. Sending love and light your way.
  3. We need that exact icon for one of the reaction choices. Something like this would work
  4. It's supposed to get up to 71f today where yesterday the high was 47. We call this pneumonia weather in the South. I'm thinking that since you got a repeat request for your butter chicken and lentils, that nobody in the DiC would object if you posted it in the recipe section. 😉😉 Looking forward to seeing your sweater project and I hope you have a wonderful walk!
  5. Dropped the recipe in the recipe section.
  6. For @Gary L Mini meatloaf recipe. https://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/mini-meatloaf/#wprm-recipe-container-113772 I do make a few changes to this recipe. You can easily double it to make more for freezing. I eliminate the dried onion and add in about 1/4 of a finely minced onion that has been sauteed in oil until lightly golden brown. I place the cooked onion into a bowl to cool. Don't rinse out the pan you cooked the onion in. You'll need it later. Then I take one Cremini (baby bella) mushroom and I mince it up until it is almost like a fine powder. It adds that wonderful umami flavor to the meatloaf. You can make quick work of this by walking your knife over the cut up mushroom for about a minute. Add the onions and mushroom to the recipe and mix it all together. Don't overmix or it will get tough. Heat the frying pan that you used to saute the onions and add about a teaspoon of the meatloaf mixture and flatten it out. Cook and then flip to the other side and finish cooking. Taste for seasoning and adjust your raw mixture if needed. I'm not a fan of balsamic in the glaze, so I stick with just ketchup and brown sugar. You could also substitute some thinned out tomato paste and brown sugar if needed. I use small meatloaf tins, but you can also portion out into standard muffin tins and cook that way. Bake until done. Freeze the leftovers.
  7. spyke

    Secrets to Keep

    So maybe the pack has been disappeared rather than killed off? As much as an asshole Theo has been, he's come around, and I hope that his pack can be saved.
  8. You need to touch base with Annelle. She'll hook you up. LOL In all seriousness, the freezer is a godsend when doing meal prep or doing a full recipe when you're single or just two. I've taken to cooking mini meatloaves that I'll throw in the freezer. Pull one out in the morning, defrost in the fridge, throw it in the countertop oven and while it's heating, do your potatoes and green beans. Easy peasy.
  9. spyke

    Epilogue

    As usual, well done Laura. Well done!
  10. You also had to dodge mosquitoes, no-see-ums, alligators, hurricanes, triple digit humidity that can make a cast iron skillet frizzy, swamp butt, lizards, pythons, and huge A/C bills. I think having to keep your feets under wraps for a few months means you're winning. 🤣 Play that lotto so you can retire and head back to Florida as a pain in the rump Snowbird. Think of all the fun you could have bothering rental property managers.
  11. Why does this sound like the beginning of a "A Florida woman" headline? 🤣
  12. I would have told her there was now a 20% as*h$l@ business partner surcharge and did she still want me to come? Because, I'm petty like that. 🤣
  13. I resemble that There, fixed it for you.
  14. Some are. Others not so much. I'll leave it for you to decide. ❤
  15. @weinerdog is the instigator. Always. @kbois will verify that.
  16. My go to recipe for lamb chops. Easy, fool proof, and delicious every time. And yes, I use Aldi lamb chops, so they are affordable. https://www.delishdlites.com/type/gluten-free-recipes/perfect-grilled-lamb-loin-chops-recipe/
  17. I can be there in 36 hours. That will give you plenty of time to shop for supper. LOL
  18. I'm so happy that you're putting your self first!. This getting older really sucks bigly, so do what you need to do to get healthy. We don't realize how interconnected things are (the hip bone connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone connected to the knee bone) until you have something go awry, and you then realize that your other side is messed up from the unconscious compensating that you've been doing. You've got our support!
  19. He didn't get any bacon for breakfast while you all feasted. What part of KETO diet do you not understand? 🤣
  20. Fingers and toes crossed for you that your treatment is a total success!
  21. But for saying "I love you" to Lyn, Alexander laid it all on the table while still leaving an out to deny it because of his sickness. Children. All of them.
  22. You've forgotten who we are talking about here. Remember, he's the one who would always escape from the korner, run amok, terrorize the neighborhood, and then show up the next day acting all innocent. A calculator would present no challenge. LOL
  23. ⭐⭐ Two gold stars for your excellent math skills or proficient use of a calculator! LOL
  24. Doctors are always surprised to learn about what really goes on in their front office. It's a shame that they don't take more interest in that and that we the patients have to inform them of the antics of their staff.
×
×
  • Create New...