Jump to content

spyke

Members
  • Posts

    2,562
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spyke

  1. Snow reflects UV rays. I've gotten some bad sunburns from shoveling snow on a bright day. Stay safe and use sunscreen!
  2. Or you could make yourself lamb chops. Don't know if you have an Aldi grocery nearby, but I find lamb chops there regularly. I can get 4 loin chops for about $10. I freeze two of them and marinate the other two in minced garlic, chopped fresh rosemary, lemon zest and olive oil for a few hours and then toss them on the grill. tim is 100% correct in that lamb needs to be cooked to only medium rare at the most or it's ruined.
  3. My father served in WW2 and he loved lamb, as do I. My grandmother made the most spectacular leg of lamb that while providing an abundance of drippings for gravy, still remained moist and tender. She would cook it every time we would visit her in Boston, and it's one of my fondest childhood memories. We would lunch on open faced hot lamb and gravy sandwiches for days afterwards. Although my father was an excellent cook, one of his regrets was that he could never master her technique for that roasted leg of lamb.
  4. You have a knack for making me cry, Mr. Gray. Well done, sir. So very well done.
  5. I think this sentiment is held worldwide. It takes me a week to 2 weeks to adjust, and no matter what I do, it plays havoc with my medications. I seriously don't know why they just can't pick one and stick with it. Personally, I thrive more in the spring/summertime. I like the extra sunlight for longer times in the evening. I find it depressing when it gets dark at 4:30.
  6. Let's review, shall we? In this month: Found a new eye doctor, and managed to get a rebate on an entire year of contacts that essentially paid you to wear them. ✅ Had a fabulous reunion with your friends and teacher that you haven't seen in 30 years.✅ Wrecked your car 😞 but found a much newer model with less mileage and at a lower payment.✅ No doubt that the car will be great, so you can stop worrying about that. There's only one question that needs answering: Have you bought a lotto ticket yet? If not, get thy tail to the nearest retailer and buy some, because you're on a hot winning streak! 😁
  7. It's 11:30 A.M. and it's already 80F and humid. Are you missing the South yet @kbois ?
  8. spyke

    Gone

    I'm sorry Wayne.
  9. Hit the easy button and Door Dash breakfast from Dunkin Donuts.
  10. It was 39 with dense fog this morning. 7 hours later it's 78 with full sunshine. 🤷 Pneumonia weather is what we call this.
  11. I think we need to start a Go Fund Me for the care, support and upbringing of this yak. 🤣
  12. You underestimated. This is going to be a 4 quilt and 2 bottles of Bailey's event. Stay safe Kitt.
  13. So are you Doomed, Screwed, or WTF?
  14. This forecaster wants answers and a confession. 😁 https://www.instagram.com/reel/DVBlFrMDiGB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
  15. Well you two aren't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, so grab the quilts and the socks and hunker down. It's going to be bad if @kbois is threatening double socks! Go make a run for a couple of cans of Redi Whip because Irish coffee or Kahlua in hot chocolate helps chase away the chill. 🤣
  16. The Korner Krew got you Kovered. We'd throw bail. 🤣
  17. You facilitated that breakout, didn't you?
  18. Metal Rat/Cancer. Somebody do the analysis, please. LOL
  19. Confession is good for the soul. But sometimes, penance is the real reward if you know what I mean. . 😜😈 LOL
  20. You did the right thing even if it means a delay in your testing.
  21. spyke

    The Promise

    As long as there is Will. LOL
  22. spyke

    The Promise

    It's interesting that Will brings up Robbie during this discussion and uses him as a foil to Travis. Grand nailed it when he said that Will might not think that Travis is sincere in his pledge. The groundwork has been laid and there's a 99,44% chance Travis will screw up. Bastille day gonna be lit!
×
×
  • Create New...