Jump to content

Mrsgnomie

Signature Author
  • Posts

    4,767
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mrsgnomie

  1. This made me LOL. Because of all the typos, this is the most telling. But then again, if it works either way, is it really an error?
  2. No, he’s not. He wants to be, desperately, but the fire he holds for Nash won’t go away So easily. He’s just mad and upset. And I think bitter because it sucks to feel like you’re the only one affected. Now he’s trying to be so strong, like “Nash who? That guy? Oh, totally over him just like he’s over me. No big deal. Bye Felicia” A little time together and he’ll straighten right out
  3. Same parents, just the fall of genetics
  4. Sorry, long night. I get it now lol
  5. Where is this? I just did a search so I can change it but I’m coming up dry.
  6. I think they just need a little time together for them to mend what’s cracked. I don’t have a date for posting the next chapter but I’m super hopeful it’s not over a week. When this chapter changed, it changed the preceding chapters as well. So I have to go back through. On the plus side, I’m already done with 1/3 of the next chapter because I wrote it to be included in this chapter before realizing it needed to be split (hence why this chapter is under 7k words)
  7. Buz, I waited and waited and you never commented. That's why it took so long for me to post, I was nursing a broken heart. Now the world knows the truth. But where's the fun if Nash didn't go golfing, go on vacation, and otherwise inserting himself where he wants to be? PS, I wouldn't do those things either, but that's why Nash gets to lol
  8. A lot of Penn's sadness is self-inflicted by choices he made throughout his adult life. And I think Losing Nash is incredibly sad, even a bit devastating, for him. I don't think that being over him diminishes the pain he still has. So yeah, it is sad. And I think that's okay.
  9. Yes, I've never denied this. I barely consider myself an author and editing is far from my strong point. I haven't had anyone that was able to be consistent, so I just deal with it.
  10. There is! Originally, there was one more chapter after this but that changed. I want to finish well and not rushed.
  11. PST. It's posted, so you can check now
  12. Tide /tid/ noun: The alternate rising and falling of the sea due to the attraction of the moon and sun. **** The sun was burning the back of my neck as I helped Ryan rebuild a seawall that had long seen better days. We had to bring the machinery onto the beach to get it done. Where the home was located didn’t have a big beach which meant we had to wait until low tide. Our timing couldn’t have been better, turned out that it was a rare ultra-low tide, something I had never paid attentio
  13. Are you offering?
  14. Don’t tempt me lol. I’m actually SUPER close to being done. If all goes well, should be posted tomorrow. That’s not a promise but A personal goal i’m working hard to make happen.
  15. You wouldn’t dare...you’re a pair of liars.
  16. Dad is nameless. We could name him! I don’t even know where to start!
  17. First of all, F-You for making me feel stupid. Of course Mr. Cushman would work. Duh. Second of all: If you ask my kids, they can fend for themselves also, just not legally.
  18. These comments are killing me! lol Okay, here's the deal. I re-read the chapter for the first time since writing it. It was ducking terrible. It was obvious I was in a hurry and under the wire when I wrote it. Total trash. If I posted it here, you guys were chew me up and spit me out. I'd never survive the criticism that followed. So I had to do a crap ton of revamping. I've been working tirelessly. It's close to done. I have one question, in case you guys know off that top of your head (I don't want to waste time re-reading when I can be finishing this damn chapter.) WHAT IS NASH'S DAD'S NAME?? Nash only referred to him at "Dad" as far as I can remember, but this chapter is in Penn's POV and he can't call Nash's Dad, Dad. That's just weird. HELP! @Tonyr @Kapucinski @unilive @_YiTTriuM_ @kbois @Bft ETA: The reason I've been MIA is because ever second I'm not working or doing other obligations like feeding the minors that call me Mom, I'm on this chapter.
  19. No power! I promise. You guys have all the power. I'm working on it as we speak. I haven't read it since I wrote it 8 months ago, so I'm having to go back over and just touch things up and double check grammar so it's not TERRIBLE. But I'm also busy, so I'm working every minute I have. I'm really hoping to drop it after work today!!
  20. Only a two chapters left, not much to drag out. But thanks for the encouragement
  21. Haha. So it is! I'll see what I can do!
  22. If anyone is worried that a few comments that don’t favor a chapter will offend me in anyway, don’t. That’s the great thing about stories, how it invokes different feelings and reactions from different readers. One thing I’ve learned is you can’t please everyone. I enjoy reading everyone’s thoughts and options, favorable or not. It always amazes me how differently the same story can be interpreted. As much as I want to explain my thoughts on this chapter, I won’t. There are two (I pretty sure anyway) chapter left and they’re from Penn’s POV.
  23. “I had no idea,” I said when Abby started looking at me funny. “Join the club. They were pretty tight-lipped about it. We only found out when Penn got back from visiting you. Cam came to celebrate his return and, BOOM, she was all belly. Kind of hard to hide that. Cam and I went out for coffee later. You don’t drop a bomb like that and get to walk away. I had questions; you know?” “Yeah, lots of questions.” Oh, I had so many questions. “Right?” she huffed, still offended by all
  24. Just want to drop a note and say that I got home to an internet outage. It’s not expected to come back on until morning. Just a heads up!
  25. Still Sunday....
×
×
  • Create New...