Jump to content

Tied up in Knotts

   (16 reviews)

Nash Cushman had a good life. Nominated for 'Man of the Year, he had a good job, a great husband, and a community of people who loved him. Until he didn't. Through it all, life and love found a way. One man got what he never knew he wanted (or needed) while the other got the impossible.

Copyright © 2020 Mrsgnomie; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (65 members)

  • Action Packed 24
  • Addictive/Pacing 55
  • Characters 63
  • Chills 12
  • Cliffhanger 29
  • Compelling 27
  • Feel-Good 25
  • Humor 23
  • Smoldering 33
  • Tearjerker 37
  • Unique 29
  • World Building 21

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

pvtguy

   12 of 12 members found this review helpful 12 / 12 members

This is a story of two men surrounded by people who truly love them.  It takes a divorce and a misunderstanding to force them each to mature and grow into their own persons more strongly so that they can relate to one another as truly strong individuals.  It is very well written, intelligent, and engaging.

  • Like 4
  • Love 6
Link to review
spyke

· Edited by spyke

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

Nash Cushman appears to have the idyllic life. Married to a successful lawyer, the home in the suburbs, a great job, world travel, and welcomed by all, it seems that he's found his happily ever after. But you know what they say about appearances. When his life takes a hard left turn,  his friend Penn steps up to the plate to help him out.  Nash goes through plenty of changes until he finally opens his eyes and sees what's been right in front of him for a long time.  But in typical Mrsgnomie fashion,  it's never smooth sailing.  Laughter, drama, a meddlesome family,  misunderstandings, and some smart ass but well meaning kids fill this story and it will be hard to take a break once you've started reading.  Thanks so much Mrsgnomie for writing this!! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 6
Link to review
kbois

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

An amazing tale that provides a lot of ups and downs, plenty of tears and laughs and everything in between. 

Nash and Penn both do a lot of soul searching before finding out what they really need. 

Thoroughly enjoyable through each and every chapter. 

Well done Mrsgnomie, well done!

  • Like 4
  • Love 7
Link to review
Howzat

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

It's just after 10pm on a Thursday here in the UK and I've just finished reading this absolutely fantastic story  well done @Mrsgnomie for keeping me enthrallled over the past week (I think that's how long it's taken me?).

I'm sure, like me, that you'll enjoy reading about the ups and downs of Nash Cushman and his life and relationships with the Knott family (and many others).

The story has left me wishing that if I was Nash that I could find someone like Penn or if I was Penn that I could find someone like Nash.

Enjoy the read - you won't be able to put it down!

  • Like 4
  • Love 5
Link to review
john fraser

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

This story was the best with lots of twists to keep you wondering what is going to happen.  I found it hard to put down,and now I am going to do my second read.  Also the two men are so real life

  • Like 4
  • Love 6
Link to review
Topnotch

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Emotional but insanely good. Nash is a great person with outstanding character. After receiving devastating news about his marriage, best friend, and only partner he's ever been with, he embarks on a journey of self-discovery. I hate that term, but it's true.

The whole while, Penn is there. As a friend who has his own struggles and secrets.

The path from what was to what will be is difficult. It's hard. But in the end, there is no greater outcome. True love. Ture happiness. True success. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
johnnyboy2285

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is an incredible story, great action, strong characters, wonderful journey. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
Link to review
FSELL

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

What starts out as an idilc life for our characters spins around, from moments of utter d’impair, laughter, loss and longing, the authors skill, story telling are on full display. In my top 3 stories across the site, 10/10

Response from the author:

Top 3? That a one heck of a compliment. I know I'm biased, but Nash and Penn are my favorites, so I'm happy to see them bring readers joy. They are my favorite. 

  • Love 4
Link to review
Dr Squidlove

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This was great. I really liked that these characters were fun to be around, while still believable and flawed, and the story gave them time to grow. I loved that behaviour that would have been treated as charming in most stories was called out in this one: it added a lot of depth. The pacing was good, too. It's been a long time since I've sat and done nothing but read for hours, until stupid o'clock in the morning.

Response from the author:

I love a good binge read and I'm glad this story was that for you. There is no better compliment. Thanks for taking the time to read and also to review. It means a lot. You rock.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
n8te

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Nash is a great guy with a great husband and a great job. He would do almost anything for anyone. A very unfortunate incident steals the life he loves. He’s left in the ruble.

His dream crush, Ryan, a local married guy with an awesome family that everyone wants to be part of, seems to take Nash under his wing.

Moving on isn’t easy, nor is it quick, but the journey to get there is both heartbreaking and hilarious. In the end, he gets everything he ever dreamed of.

Once again MrsGnomie wove a wonderful tale with great characters, unexpected romance, and lots of witty dialogue. Her stories are in a league of their own. 

  • Love 4
Link to review
Freemantleman

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A fabulous, well thought out book,  that carries you on the crests of waves & drops you into the deep troughs between them! The lives & love of two men destined to be together- they just take their own sweet time getting there! Heres to the author  & their characters  Mr Cushman  & Mr Knott!.

Right im off to see what else I've not read  by Mrsgnomie !?!? Can't wait!?!?

Response from the author:

Thank you for taking the time to write this. It means a lot. Im so glad you enjoyed reading their journey as much as I enjoyed writing it

  • Love 5
Link to review
Pascal

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

An amazingly well written story about two men on a journey of growth, maturing and love. Reading this is as addicting, tear-jerking, heartwarming and smile-inducing as only a perfect story can be. Thank you Mrsgnomie!

Response from the author:

Ah, thank you!! 

  • Like 4
  • Love 4
Link to review
G90814

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Just finished reading all of your stories with this one. I can't really decide on a favorite, I loved them all.  I hope you come back with new stories soon :)

Response from the author:

Thank you! I'm currently working on a new story. I'm about half way done and I'll start posting. Hopefully you'll check it out.

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
Mancunian

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Wow, wow wow. What a fantastic read, this rates as one of the best stories I've read on GA. If you're wondering why it's only one of the best then I'll tell you, it's because it's not the only story that @Mrsgnomie has written that's why. I never feel disappointed by one of this ladies stories, she knows how to write and how to deliver. This story is full of love, heartbreak and uncertainty followed by another big helping of love and it does not disappoint. So stop reading this and other reviews and get reading it, you will enjoy it, I promise. This a five star recommended read.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
Cane23

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Wonderful story, a true masterpiece which once you read, you continue coming back (for at least a few distinguished chapters).

It is a love story, but it is also a story about maturing, family, loyalty and friendship. Nash, a wonderful guy, great with children, star of the town; but, oblivious to all his qualities and other people feelings about him. Penn, whole life in love with one person, loved and supported by his brothers but living in their shadow.

Their journey, with so much beautiful small scenes which are the jewels of author’s writing is absolute joy of reading. Scenes in Thailand, romantic and sensual are simply amazing. Scenes on Hawaii when everything comes on its place, when Alpha becomes what he is meant to be all the time – Alpha male of the family (if you read the story, you will understand what I mean 😜 ),  are so satisfying.

Rich with intelligent humor, emotions and beautiful characters, this story can be considered as one of the best here at GA. Bravo!

  • Love 3
Link to review
Trees Are Awesome

· Edited by Trees Are Awesome

  

This is a story with such real characters, who face (and sometimes avoid) what life throws at them. All the characters have such good character traits and flaws it makes you feel like you personally know them, and can empathise with any situation they are in.

It's such a well written story I binge-read it and couldn't bring myself to stop. There were definitely some laughs had, as well as some intense feelings, but ultimately this story describes what it's like to be human.

It's an absolutely fantastic piece of writing - and I would definitely give it a read if you're somehow still on the fence!

  • Like 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..