Doha
Members-
Posts
5,246 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Doha
-
This is a very positive chapter. Dawson is taking a leap of faith and I support this. He is young enough to re-establish a career if it doesn’t work. Chase is able to contemplate a meaningful life without Hank, which is exactly what he would need, to have a meaningful relationship that is not one of dependency. Now if he and Hank do get back together it is as equals.
-
Agreed. I’m not so anti-Hank that I hope he is gone. I would still rather that Chase and Hank rekindle what they had and stupidly lost. Those long term relationships, of whatever nature, are immensely valuable.
-
Taggert tries to reign his feelings back in to secure the borders it fou like, but Ash is there, always there lurking on the edge of his mind. They battled to sleep but both took care of each other despite the exhaustion. They have so much to share and despite the danger I’m hopeful that they will take that step of faith in each other. Let’s see!
-
The Future Alpha of Whiteflame
Doha commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in The Future Alpha of Whiteflame
Well each of our trio is facing their own challenge, but we still are not certain what the outcome will be and to what extent they can learn from the past to influence the future. Wishing them physical and mental strength! -
Hey @PrivateTim, good thoughts. My mother used to quote the “do or die” approach to my brother and me when we were kids. The role of purser was naturally attractive for crooks, and this hasn’t changed in modern business either. Whoever controls the money has the potential to become illicitly wealthy. Indeed, the fictional Granger is a progressive and clearly his views are in part a reflection of more current thinking. Although not unheard of, for the time, his approach would have been quite unusual, but I think Granger finds the balance between ensuring the wellbeing of his men, having their full support and issuing dictatorial orders, when needed, which are closely followed.
-
Another riveting chapter. Poor Theo is coming to understand what has happened and Vince and Jack still fight evil spirits in this past-present netherland.
-
I have fallen head over heels for these two. This is a beautiful story Gary. Thank you for writing it. Fletcher and August have taken a very brave move in declaring their love for one another, and I am really hopeful that one way or another, they will be able to share that life together that they dream of. ❤️
- 65 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
George has survived the first serious test of his authority. 3 traitors will leave the ship and hopefully the Spanish navy as well. His lesson on leadership is profound and applies not only to military leadership but to almost every kind of leadership. Take care of your people and they will take care of you. Quite simple really. Well done George and Winkler!
-
Another emotional chapter for me but I’m now really hopeful that these two idiots can get their acts together. Dad and mum are being very helpful!
-
A very thought provoking chapter for me and the idea of keeping someone as a back up plan. I know I’ve done that and it is good to be called out on it. Dad is younger than I had imagined. I’m glad that Chase is happy for Dawson and hope that the sad Hank we saw was the start of a rethink on his part. My first thought when Hank emerged in this chapter was he and Kevin couldn’t “do it” . I’m eager to know more.
-
Seeing the family reassemble was brilliant and that they could share what they had loved about the home that is no longer theirs. I’m glad Dawson has been named as best friend. Chase is reinventing himself as an independent person rather than being reliant on Hank. I wonder if Hank would want a more independent Chase? Or whether having a dependent partner fitted him better?
-
Agreed @raven1, @Marty’s comment make a great deal of sense. I wrote something similar, although far briefer then bounced to page 8 of the comments and saw that were on the same page, so to speak.
-
Wow the number of comments this chapter generated went through the roof! Hank is being a total prick right now, but to be fair we are seeing everything from Chase’s perspective. I like Dawson a lot but Chase can’t go down that road now. Until he and Hank have reconciled regardless of where that takes him, Chase cannot 🙅 get into something with Dawson.
-
That was an amazing piece of descriptive writing. Gripping and emotive. I’m very glad that our guys found each other and didn’t shy away. I love this!
-
That was intense. As much as I understand where shank is and how he might be feeling, he is being unnecessarily harsh with Chase. These guys both still love one another but can’t bring themselves to be kind to each other. now was Dawson the tall sexy stranger in the stall? He either was or wasn't, but if he was then he is seriously creepy.
-
As the pressure of the storm builds, so too does the emotional pressure between Taggert and Ash. I’m really enjoying that slow unfolding of the possibilities between them. I do hope they get to shelter together and cuddle up for warmth. 😜
-
Chapter 3 Grasshopper on a Fishhook
Doha commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 3 Grasshopper on a Fishhook
I’m really glad to hear that there is an alternative route for August. Rob will be a slave to their father until the old man pops his clogs and then he might inherit the ranch. But August has the chance to escape and begin his own life thanks to his gran. Grans are amazing and I was lucky to know both my grans and all 4 of my great grannies. I’m glad Fletcher arrived. Another good meeting and trust is slowly being built.- 44 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
That was a dramatic ending to the chapter! I did not see it coming, although we don’t know for sure what “it” is. Hank’s reaction following the laughter that came from the car, alongside Kevin’s awkward posture does suggest that “it” may well have been at least adjacent to Chase’s bathroom escapade. I’m glad Chase is staying in his father’s condo, that he got an encouraging email response and that he rode out the tears on his long bike ride.
-
Agreed @raven1 . I wonder if Hank half hoped that Chase would see him and say hello? It was a very bleak image and leads me to believe that Hank has suffered far more deeply than we yet realise.
-
So Hank turns down Chase’s offer and Chase turns down Dawson’s offer. Of course he accepts Rex’s offer of unconditional love - like only a dog can give. All three of these men are dealing with loss. We don’t know much about Dawson yet but that moment of vulnerability says something. Chase’s email was also straight from the heart. I hope his dad responds.
-
I am absolutely loving this story! Taggert’s reaction to the injury is noteworthy and may give a clue into his life before arriving at the ranch. Alongside the possibility that he has scars on his back, his determination to ensure Ash is scar-free is important. The tension between these two men is building. Can’t wait to see it break.
-
That could be it @Bft. It would make sense as stagger is really affected by this accident and the injury.
-
This chapter is quite somber but the Mac and cheese scene was funny and made me think of my mom making it when I was a kid. She would put tomato slices under the cheese before grilling it. Now what child like hot, soggy, pip-filled tomato touching their grilled cheese? I’m going to see my mom in July and may ask her to make it now that I eat tomatoes and don’t mind pips. if Chase can keep this up, he may well morph into being the emotional carer Hank needs or at least becoming an equal partner. This could change their dynamic and give them a chance.
-
Chase is emerging from the black hole and Dr Chorney is giving him space to reflect honestly. I’m hopeful for Chase. That photo still up is very telling, and Hank will no doubt notice that Chase has taken it but left the pillow. Well done Chase.
