-
Posts
8,287 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
Chapter 3 - Connection
Summerabbacat commented on ChromedOutCortex's story chapter in Chapter 3 - Connection
Maybe it is a reflection of my age and my disillusionment with many of our fellow species, but I don't place any faith in Ethan having any influence over the selection process for the job Kris is interested in. Ethan may put a good word in for him, but I think Kris is being far too optimistic in thinking this will have any effect on the decision makers. Dean certainly displayed a great deal of kindness in offering to drive Kris home after having tested his car for free to determine what caused it to fail. Let's hope Terry the turd does not find out otherwise Dean may be out of a job, or at least have his pay docked. Hopefully Terry will get flattened by a semi-trailer in a future chapter. -
Recovery and More Summertime “Fun”
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Recovery and More Summertime “Fun”
Memory like a sieve @Lee Wilson. -
I thought of that too @drsawzall and revisited chapter 8 in which Killian examined Jake's bedroom. There did not appear to be anything KIllian could not open, including the carved wooden box which contained nothing particularly interesting. Unless Killian missed something amongst the proliferation of dildos, Fleshlights and other sex toys that he came across, it appears unlikely Jake has something worth killing for, apart from the photograph.
-
Killian needs to see a photograph of Paul and soon. I still think the photograph in Jake's possession may be the key to solving the murder, or may give an indication as to what the key he found in the armoire unlocks.
-
Is it merely a coincidence Killian and Chris have met to work on this case together, or is it possible Chris may also have a "gift" or be someone with the knowledge to assist Killian in understanding and/or best utilising his "gift"? Is she perhaps a "gift whisperer"? My thoughts exactly @drsawzall. Did the tenant who vacated the apartment below move into it solely to investigate Paul for their own personal need or were they working for the murderer or did they murder Paul on the instruction of whomever wanted him dead? What and where is the object which the key unlocks? Is it a key to a safety deposit box at a bank (a little too obvious), a gym locker or a locker at another location e.g. a railway station or post office? Riveting "Agatha" Aterovis aka @Josh Aterovis You have our "little grey cells" working overtime to try and solve this one. The only speculation I am relatively certain of is that there is a link between Paul and Jake.
-
Recovery and More Summertime “Fun”
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Recovery and More Summertime “Fun”
I will be more than happy for Lester to sue the Mitchell family to recover Michael's medical expenses, but I hope he refrains from suing the YMCA as this would only deprive those who use its facilities at what I imagine is a reasonable price, some of whom may not be able to afford more expensive facilities if the YMCA was forced to close. Perhaps the Village People can perform at a fund-raising event if Lester does sue the YMCA. Carl Dixon, Clark Gray, Hal Doyle and Benny Miranda. What a bunch of arseholes. There is a future president, CEO of a large company or the leader of a mega-church amongst the four for sure. What these four did to both boys was despicable, totally uncalled for, and in both cases dangerous. Send them down and let Darrell DemonDong sort them out. It appears that Georgian "petri dish" has become active again @Lee Wilson, the same one which grew the virulent Melton Dixon, Lewis Huber and Sandy Hairston, has now harvested Carl Dixon (any relation to Melton?), Clark Gray, Hal Doyle and Benny Miranda. Is there something in the peanuts grown in Georgia or has it ben affected by mad cow disease? The latter could explain certain braindead politicians who have emanated from within its confines in recent years. -
A bit of a shock – 22 December
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in A bit of a shock – 22 December
I have seen it in any number of stories recently and the first time I thought it was a spelling mistake. It got on my nerves seeing it time and time again so I Googled it and curb is the American spelling of kerb. I have seen the American spelling starting to infiltrate into Australia, similar to the pronunciation of herb as "erb". -
Indeed so @centexhairysub, and not just because I am a @Summerabbacat. The superior species, although I am fond of dogs too. I met up with an acquaintance this past weekend who has a 13 year old @weinerdog. His dachshund was fathered by my acquaintance's former flatmate's dachshund who passed away a few months ago at the age of 19.5 years. Both gorgeous dogs, very friendly and affectionate, although the younger of the two I am told can be very stubborn at times. Are you stubborn at times @weinerdog?
-
Chapter 7: The party. What could go wrong?
Summerabbacat commented on vanalas's story chapter in Chapter 7: The party. What could go wrong?
You are admirably forgiving and sympathetic @Seraph28. I hope karma is not just a bitch in this case, but a super-bitch. Hopefully she will sort Cobwebs out too. -
Chapter 7: The party. What could go wrong?
Summerabbacat commented on vanalas's story chapter in Chapter 7: The party. What could go wrong?
I am in agreement with @Jjeffalch, the highlight of the chapter for me was River reducing Cobwebs to a puddle of inconsequential sludge, leaving her foaming at the mouth as he delivered one barb after another, each aimed directly where it would do the most damage, her overinflated ego. The absolute zinger for me was the parting shot: “Yeah, sure,” he said without turning around, his tone lazy. “Just make sure your dentures don’t fall out while you’re yelling.” I found the following remark made by Cobwebs to River regarding Harry very intriguing: “What are you doing here?” she asked, tilting her head mockingly. “Shouldn’t you be getting ready for the party? Or did Zayn finally realize he was dating trash and go back to the gold mine that is Harry?” Did she refer to Harry as a gold mine literally? Does she think Harry is a man of wealth? If so, I suspect she is very much mistaken, particularly given Zayn's expressed reservations about the real reason for their break up i.e. Harry broke up with him when Zayn was disowned. Oh the delicious irony if Cobwebs and Harry became a couple, each believing the other to be their financial saviour. -
Chapter 7: The party. What could go wrong?
Summerabbacat commented on vanalas's story chapter in Chapter 7: The party. What could go wrong?
No, I like your idea @LeeSA better than @vanalas'. The only "problem" I have with your idea is the toxic smoke that would be produced by Cobwebs (my new name for Veronica, courtesy of River) as she burned. I imagine all the botox, fillers, implants and Felix only knows what else, would create hazardous fumes. -
Destined to Be Together
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in Destined to Be Together
It Aint' Necessarily So @Paladin. Perhaps Theodore is a fan of "puppy play".- 14 comments
-
- 11
-
-
Friends, family & future plans
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Friends, family & future plans
High praise indeed from a man of your literary talents @Gary L, the Viscount of Valencia. How are the pooches? Any further severe dents to your hip pocket? -
Destined to Be Together
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in Destined to Be Together
“Ah, he said something to me about that, and I have to say, Pembroke, for all the expensive education you must have received throughout your life, you’re a callous bastard and a moron.” Similarly to Jack, the field mouse, Vince does not baulk at rebuking Theodore, although he does not do it with the same degree of snark as Jack. Neither Vince nor Jack appear to be frightened of Theodore's bully-boy behaviour or in awe of his alpha status. This in of itself must infuriate Theodore, although perhaps it is what also arouses him. Perhaps, he Theodore, puts the S into S & M. Theodore leashed and muzzled by the puny field mouse and his more muscular human counterpart, led on all fours, petted and praised when he is a "good boy", "threatened" with neutering when he is a "naughty boy".- 14 comments
-
- 12
-
-
Friends, family & future plans
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Friends, family & future plans
“Good.” She nodded. “Ruth here”, she gestured at her companion who remained silent, “had a family event nearby and luckily for you we decided to look up. I have to say”, she looked around the room, “you’ve surprised me. It isn’t shit. It isn’t shit at all.” She nodded." Never was Vince's smooth calming influence more needed than when Gray was approached by Eileen Garner from The Old Barn Press. Clearly the "old boiler" had managed to escape the old barn herself, obviously having shaken off her bell. Really, the effrontery of this woman had me thinking of venomous Venetia, although at least this one may prove to be useful to Gray. I can only but laugh imagining how the Gray of old would have responded to such rudeness. I am intrigued as to how Sandra and/or Elspeth managed to upset or ruffle Matt. The physical description of Elspeth up to your usual standard @Robert Hugill, and with the addition of a comparison example, a very clear image formed. Somewhat birdlike I think, I had an image of the cartoon character, Miss Prissy, without the pronounced beak.- 11 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
And the sheeple have fallen for it hook, line and sinker @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I am a 'bar humbug' when it comes to Halloween, I loathe it with a passion, not just because of its American origin and its retail opportunism, but also because of the sheer waste left over which ends up in landfill. I also read with horror during the week of a rare little bat which is slaughtered by some to "celebrate" this event. This I find abhorrent. Now onto the story itself. I loved @centexhairysub's comment above. The rumour the Baker boys may have been murdered by local businessmen who wanted their timber cutting business, made me think of the greedy Thompson family immediately. I also wondered if the Baker boys were in fact lovers rather than brothers, or perhaps were brothers who were also lovers. This would have been another reason for members of the Thompson family to murder them. An interesting short from you Mark; not something I would usually read, but it was an entertaining read nevertheless. The possibility of ghosts is no more far-fetched than the possibility of a single all-knowing, all-seeing deity.
-
Chapter 2: The wedding and a new life.
Summerabbacat commented on vanalas's story chapter in Chapter 2: The wedding and a new life.
It is difficult to decide whom I dislike more, Antonio or Andrea, although I think it is the latter. Both are spoilt, entitled, arrogant and thoroughly unpleasant brats, and whilst I understand Antonio's anger, he is directing it at the wrong person. Praveen is completely without blame. Emilia on the other hand is completely delusional and deranged. The talk of the "almighty" having blessed her and her family, what drugs is this woman taking because clearly they are not working properly. I found it very intriguing Ethan does not like Bruce. I wonder why this is so. Perhaps Bruce is not the person Antonio thinks he is. Perhaps Bruce is everything which Antonio thinks Praveen is. -
Chapter 1: Antonio and Praveen's lives are about to change.
Summerabbacat commented on vanalas's story chapter in Chapter 1: Antonio and Praveen's lives are about to change.
Emilia is not dissimilar to Veronica, the spawn of the devil from Vanalas' latest drama, Groom For Rent (my first exposure to his works). Although Emilia does not appear to be as nasty as Veronica, she is as manipulative, arrogant and self-absorbed as Veronica. Her threat to commit suicide was a tasteless and calculated stunt, albeit resulting from a quick calculation. @NimirRaj is right in his assessment of the characters above, the only one for whom I feel any warmth is Praveen. I did feel a degree of warmth for Antonio until he referred to Praveen as a "a filthy, stinking, classless boy". Is Antonio a product of his wealthy upbringing? It is hard to imagine what else could have fashioned his ideals, although Emilia has not presented herself as superior because of her wealth. "You have made my mother turn against me for the first time.’ He thought, hugging his sister tighter. ‘You are gonna pay for this. I will destroy your life so much that you are gonna beg for death.’ He sobbed. ‘You will pay for this. I promise!" This thought was very intriguing @vanalas because I am uncertain to whom Antonio was referring. Was it Praveen, or his sister Andrea? I won't be at all surprised if it is revealed Bruce is only in love with the fortune he assumes Antonio will inherit, rather than with Antonio himself. -
OMG. Harvey and Emilia's offer was almost as absurd as royalty or very wealthy families who betroth their children as a business transaction, allegedly to honour/appease their invisible friend.
-
Another top 10 placing for it too @Mark Ponyboy Peters to honour its farewell. # 6 on the Most Read Adventure "chart" for the month ending 24/10/25. And another top 10 placing for What Brings Us Together - Part 2 by @Paladin at #5 on the Most Read Mystery "chart" for the month ending 24/10/25. A most remarkable achievement by both stories given neither has been published frequently in the past month. Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi.
-
Chapter 13 - Hanging Out
Summerabbacat commented on ChromedOutCortex's story chapter in Chapter 13 - Hanging Out
A very brief guest appearance by "the Damian" @ChromedOutCortex? If so, I guess either Ring was set some 17-18 years ago or In My Mind is set 17-18 years in the future, or time is irrelevant because everything that has occurred and continues to occur to the present day is all in Adam's mind. Or maybe I have completely lost mine. -
Well that went well, NOT. Their return home was off to a promising start, with Nick and Jack frolicking and flirting their way through the supermarket. Afterward their meal preparation became a culinary seduction, worthy of an episode of Nigella Lawson "marinated" in rich dark chocolate. Mr Bojangles was beside himself with joy, with not one testosterone-infused "chewy-toy" to play with, but two. Dr Kincaid appears to have erred not once, but twice. But what if she hasn't? What if she is well aware of simmering tensions, and has concluded the best way to silence the green-eyed monster is to confront it head on. If she has drawn this conclusion, let us hope she knows something Nick and Jack are completely oblivious to.
- 26 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
-
"What is waiting for our young stud behind Door Number 1? Hephaestion's Lair has a somewhat wild and suggestive connotation. Will Cal's experiences in the lair live up to what Hephaestion might do?" Alexander the Great with his mighty sabre at the ready? Trevor with a 9" boner and a "guest", an off-duty policeman with a 10.5" boner, ready for a DP of Calvin's malleable manpussy? Vance the vacuum certainly sounds like a talented compact power-bottom. Shades of Kevin Williams, although with his hair-colouring perhaps more Kevin Wiles, who very capably and enthusiastically bottomed for Chad Douglas in the William Higgins classic Big Guns, one of my all-time favourite "alternate cinema" masterpieces. And what of those Four Tops? With Calvin Standing In The Shadows Of Love, ready to respond to Baby I Need Your Lovin'? Oh honey Reach Out, I'll Be There because I Can't Help Myself even if It's The Same Old Song. Most enjoyable again @KKirk. I wonder if the Four Tops ever shared Three Bottoms? They did record several duets with The Supremes. My personal favourite from the Four Tops:
-
Killian solved Amalie's murder when he "became" Amalie and was pushed from behind. For this reason I assumed Killian "became" Paul and what he felt was Paul being strangled in his doorway and Paul's life "leaving" his body as the murderer's hands tightened their grip. Sabrina is observant, sharp-tongued and clearly does not like Razi. I found her comment "At what cost? Razi doesn’t do charity. He doesn’t do anything out of the kindness of his heart — if he even has one." particularly telling of Razi's character, and it does not augur well for Tad's living arrangements. The only "positive" she had of Razi is that she did not think he was Paul's killer. The red herrings seem to be spawning in Chesapeake Bay again @drsawzall, so I daresay a school or two will murky the waters of this story before its conclusion. The bon vivant of Baltimore may have them smoked and served for dinner with crab cakes, Smith Island Cake and the finest of wines from the Napa Valley.
-
Dare I say a "team mascot" @drsawzall, albeit an X-rated one, willing to "take one" for the team. He may enjoy performing the one task seemingly disliked by all others, the teams' dirty laundry. A smorgasbord of jockstraps to be sniffed and chewed on.
