-
Posts
8,322 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
Not happy Bianca Baltimora aka @Josh Aterovis. I too am hoping the epilogue will prove this chapter, or at least part thereof, was a "Bobby Ewing dream sequence", that Aidan is still alive and Caitlin is the one who is dead. Sadly, I fear I am living in a dream myself. If Aidan is dead I hope Caitlin is not, I want that skanky bitch to suffer big time, a long, slow and hideously painful death, one which Will administers to her by injecting her with some slow killing lethal poison or disease. I was not surprised the story of Caitlin's life as she told it was a complete fabrication. The fact she killed her dog at age 10 for chewing one of her dolls should have been enough for her to be locked up for life. She was either completely deranged or purely evil. One of the comments I made on the previous chapter was "As for the marriage, is it doomed?". When I made this comment I also thought of a song by a long-time favourite of mine, Kate Bush. Her song The Wedding List plagued me as I read the prior chapter, but I told myself @Josh Aterovis would not be so "mean" as to have the killer murder Aidan, but it seems I may have been wrong. The only difference between the outcome of the song is that the bride in the song committed suicide after killing her husband's murderer, whereas the "bride", Will, in this story will survive.
-
Deservedly so. Most, if not all, of your stories published to date have made the top 10 in various genres on multiple occasions. As I have said before, you may challenge Cliff Richard yet for the most top 10's. I am sure you are leaving the ghastly Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith in your wake.
-
I marched in Sydney's Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras in 1986 in drag. I was 22 at the time and very scrawny (about 55 kg). I died my hair bright red, wore bright red lipstick and bright red fake nails. I wore a black figure-hugging dress, black low-heeled shoes, black fishnet stockings and black eyeliner. It absolutely poured with rain so by the time I got to the party afterwards I looked like a drowned raccoon or a skinny Alice Cooper. I have photographs and on the rare occasion I look at them I shudder.
-
Congratulations @Mark Ponyboy Peters with another #1 "chart topper". A Good Place at #1 on the 'Most Read General Fiction' for the month ending 06/06/25. This is deserving of a treat, Sparks meets Giorgio Moroder.
-
Trials and Tribulations
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Trials and Tribulations
I don't for one moment believe Gavin's contrition was genuine. It appears to me he does not think he has done anything wrong and he will do it again as he thinks he is entitled to do so and smart enough to get away with it. He strikes me as genuinely nasty and bigoted. Conversely, Jeff and Brodie strike me as being impulsive and clueless. Jeff has at times said unpleasant things to both Michael and Stephen, but I don't believe he would go out of his way to physically harm them like Gavin did Leon, Tevin and Ted, and would have Stephen had he been able to do so before Leon showed up. Well done again @Lee Wilson. You must have to empty your "trash bin" frequently given some of the horrid characters you have created.- 29 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
"I guess I still need to work on a few things,’ he said quietly. ‘No. We’ve got a few things to work on,’ I whispered. ‘And like I said before, we’re going to work on them together.’ ‘Do you think I’ll be worth the effort?’ ‘I know you will be. So please, just stop putting yourself down and know that I love your quirky arse just for who you are, and that nothing else matters." And there we have it, Aaron's self-esteem issues clearly illustrated, and I don't for one minute believe he was "fishing for compliments". As noted by @centexhairysub, Aaron at least acknowledges he has issues to work on and does not attribute these issues solely to the actions or inactions of others e.g. his parents, Andy Thompson and/or even Tony. The fact Tony stated he wants to work with Aaron in resolving his issues must also provide him with a great deal of comfort. The scene with the flying foxes was an interesting one. My first encounter with flying foxes was when at the age of 5 we moved from suburban Sydney where we had lived for 2 or 3 years to Wingham, a very small rural town in NSW. My father got a job there at the local high school and next to the high school were trees in which the flying foxes lived in huge numbers. The "cacophony of sound" is putting it mildly, in large numbers it is a screeching sound which is eerie. Nearby my apartment block where I live now are a number of Moreton Bay fig trees in the grounds of a large Australia Post warehouse and postal sorting centre. There are many flying foxes in these trees, particularly in the summer months, and their noise can be heard for quite some distance. They scare the bejesus out of me as they often fly low and very fast (I am somewhat scared of most birds), but I do not believe they should be electrocuted, which is what certain people do to them. The Hendra virus which they carry is lethal to horses and humans. You may remember @Mark Ponyboy Peters Vic(tory) Rail and a number of Vo Rogue's stablemates and other horses died from the Hendra virus in 1994. I believe finding him would be of great benefit to Aaron @weinerdog as I seem to recall they got along well. As for his parents, l would say leave them where they are. I believe if they were to find out Tony is relatively wealthy, they would be all over Aaron like a rash, asking for handouts as they have been so hard done by.
-
I thought it was less obvious than Joshua Baltimore Maryland. A good drag name would have to be an alliteration, something JW and Killian Kendall are very fond of. Perhaps Josephine Jism or Jolie Jugs or Altovise Aterovis or Bianca Baltimora?
-
Not that much warmer than us really. For some reason I thought it warmer and more tropical. 22°C I would still have a light jacket on as it is "chilly". I have had my heater on since 10.00am with all the doors closed and sealed as much as possible.
-
"Evie and Drew, by contrast, found the whole idea hilarious and threatened to have one of the photos of Gordon on their Christmas card. Brian thought that they were joking, but Gordon assured him that it was alarmingly possible." OMG, ya just gotta love Evie and Drew, and Gordon's comment they may feature photographs of him on their Christmas cards gave me a grand chuckle as it is highly possible. One of my favourite parts of this chapter was Brian's comments regarding Ralph and Nolan and their relationship, and the twins. His 'point of view' was sufficiently different from Ralph: Breaking Free as I had never thought of Ralph as nerdy, which was Brian's impression of him, but not in an unkind or disparaging fashion. The outrageousness and flirtatiousness of the twins appeared even more "extreme" as observed by Brian, given it was his impression of them rather than Ralph's. And Brian's comment to Gordon he would like to be friends with Ralph and Nolan was genuine and endearing. It also appears this story is going to conclude at about the same time as Ralph: Breaking Free. I also loved the openness with which Brian and Toby discussed the modelling session and its aftermath. Toby's slight embarrassment that he thought his father, Gordon and Mr Russ looked sexy was particularly amusing, and illustrated what a terrific relationship they have. A very engaging and illuminating chapter @Robert Hugill. Once again you have delivered a smorgasbord of delicious literary fare for we peasants to gorge upon.
-
Now that would be delightful, and certainly a lot bloody warmer than Sydney (and I imagine the Central Coast) are at present.
-
"Then there was Caitlin. I'd noticed that she'd had a strange expression on her face throughout the ceremony, and now she seemed to be positively glaring in our direction every time I looked her way. Whenever she noticed that I was looking at her, though, she would quickly rearrange her features into a poor imitation of a smile. It came out as more of a grimace, though, as if she were experiencing some sort of sudden attack of gastrointestinal pain." Wind, haemorrhoids, menstrual cramps? It could well be the latter as I am having serious doubts now that Caitlin is pregnant. And what was with the: "I can see the writing on the wall, Will. You've got your perfect little family now. Except, where does that leave me?", and the: "You're a lying little snake," she said in a low voice that sent chills down my spine. "I see right through you." Did she think Will was attracted to her and was going to play happy little nuclear families so as to rescue her sorry arse? If she is pregnant she is as responsible for this as what Joey was, if he was in fact the father. The wedding was well planned by Adam aka Dolly Levi. All that white and gold for some reason made me think of Billy Porter. I briefly wondered if Billy might make an appearance or if Asher might come dressed in a Billy Porter inspired outfit. Perhaps there was not enough room in the apartment for Asher to make an appearance in such a lavish creation. Aidan has certainly made a great start to married life, NOT. The fact he made such a song and dance about his secret phone call is concerning. Is it something he does not want Will to know about or has he planned something elaborate and is waiting for it to be delivered as a surprise for Will? Perhaps he knows Taylor Swift and she is going to make an appearance? Or better still Mink Stole, Ricki Lake, Deborah Harry and JW himself are going to make an appearance courtesy of Aidan's other cousin, the author Joshua Montgomery Annapolis aka @Josh Aterovis. A very perplexing chapter @Josh Aterovis. I am no closer to being certain who the killer is. As for the marriage, is it doomed? During the ceremony itself I was hearing Agnetha's beautiful vocals on I've Bee Waiting For You, a wonderful song from ABBA's eponymous album, but by the end of the chapter it was Frida's haunting vocals on Knowing Me, Knowing You from the incomparable Arrival. Fantastic song (my all time favourite) and a great video, apart from Frida's fucking hideous fur coat. You are keeping us guessing until the very end Joshua Montgomery Annapolis.
-
Gavin's Idiocy and The Village People
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Gavin's Idiocy and The Village People
Both the single Can't Stop The Music by the Village People and the soundtrack album for the movie of the same name were #1 hits in Australia in 1980 and amongst the biggest of the year on the singles and albums charts (#6 and #9 respectively). The movie was also a huge hit in Australia, unlike in most other markets where it bombed. I have both the soundtrack and the movie on CD and DVD respectively. The movie was critically panned and it really is quite atrocious, but it is one of those guilty pleasures, so bad that it is good. Valerie Perrine plays the leading lady and her character's name is Samantha. The movie also stars Steve Guttenberg, June Havoc, Barbara Rush, Tammy Grimes, Bruce Jenner (pre-transition Caitlyn Jenner) as Valerie Perrine's love interest, the Village People, and a brief appearance by The Ritchie Family, who were very successful in Australia, much more so than they were in the USA. -
It takes two to tango
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in It takes two to tango
Perhaps he was like Rocky (Peter Hinwood rather than Sylvester Stallone) and developed "muscle" from following the Charles Atlas exercise regime? -
It takes two to tango
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in It takes two to tango
Only my cats are unfortunate enough to be subject to my cuddles and kisses. My youngest, Missy, loves them. Frida, my eldest, not so much. -
It takes two to tango
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in It takes two to tango
I believe you have referred to it elsewhere as non-Balkanic @Cane23 (LOL). -
I agree with my fellow readers that Aaron must learn to fully trust Tony for the health of their relationship; however, I would go one step further and state he must also learn to fully trust himself. His insecurity in his relationship with Tony is I believe mostly due to his low self-esteem. I think he still believes he is not "worthy" of Tony, primarily because of his station in life in comparison to Tony's. I think Tony's declaration "Aaron, I want you to know,’ I began, ‘that you are going to be involved in, and have a say in, everything I do from here on." will, if maintained by Tony, make a substantial difference to Aaron's self-esteem. Although Aaron may not have the capacity to finance anything other than a contribution to their home, I believe he will have much to offer in other ways. A pivotal chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, one which heralds a turning point in the relationship between Tony and Aaron. As much as I admire and like Tony, I have a real "soft spot" for Aaron, one which only grows the more we come to learn of his life after Tony's departure.
-
It takes two to tango
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in It takes two to tango
“Sorry, Vince. I should have made more effort.” He looked at me and smiled, “Well, I could say the same. As Bas said, it takes two to tango.” Gray and Vince have reached a comfortable point in their relationship, one where they can honestly discuss the past, present and future without fear of offending the other, even if they have differing recollections or points of view. I believe Vince's much improved relationship with Gray is helping his relationships with Freddie and Peter too. A truly delightful chapter @Robert Hugill. I eagerly await "movement" in the relationship between Gray and Matt and further appearances by Moggie.- 19 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Detective Grafton certainly appeared to "promote" Laura as the most likely suspect for the murder of Robert Meade at least. Her telephone call to Robert whilst he was talking to Will, her return to Keiyara's apartment after Will and Aidan left, and the fact Joey was arguing with a girl, must make Laura the prime suspect for all three murders, but is it all circumstantial and just a little "too neat"? If she murdered Joey what was her motive? Did she argue with him about his appalling treatment of Will and it was a crime of passion? I still don't trust Caitlin. I may be wrong, but I thought initially she asked Will for $2,000.00 to assist with various tests etc for the baby, but in this chapter he handed over $5,000.00. Her "complaint" that she expected cash also troubled me. I doubt he will ever see that money again, particularly if it is she who was the killer. Will's "reunion" with his father was an emotional one. His deathbed apology will likely provide Will with some comfort, although I have to wonder had his father lived if he would have followed his words with the actions to match. I cannot recall it being said Will is adopted, so unless his father is significantly older than his mother, I assume his father is in his mid 50's to early 60's at the oldest, which seems very young to have "suddenly" had such serious heart health issues. And although I find his refusal to have any surgery because he was placing his faith in God to be complete nonsense, I must admire his stance in choosing what to do with his body, even though I strongly believes his body belongs to God. Riveting chapter again @Josh Aterovis. I revisited the Prolouge and assume it was Dr Wohler Will was seeing after the murders had been solved and the killer apprehended. The only thing I am sure of after re-reading it is that Will is not the killer.
-
Good thinking @Lee Wilson. I strongly suspect your interpretation is correct.
-
A very satisfying chapter @Paladin. I thought the arrest scenes were exceptionally well-written, particularly the responses of Horse and Uncle Phil, both such smug bullies. There was even an element of "humour" in both arrest scenes, firstly when Gail Mary Henderson aka Dr Jackson implicated both Horse and herself in the crimes for which they have been arrested, and secondly when Aunty Mary was caught red-handed trying to delete computer records. I was very impressed with Patrick O'Brien's visit to Constable Frank Simpson and Michael Hooper to thank them for their contribution to the success of the raids. This behaviour is likely one of the reasons he is so well regarded within the Police Force. Daniel's decision to disclose to Patrick all that he knows of the child pornography operation will only strengthen what already appears to be well documented evidence and a successfully executed raid.
-
Gavin's Idiocy and The Village People
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Gavin's Idiocy and The Village People
Leon's defence of Tevin, Ted and himself was one of the highlights of this chapter. He showed remarkable calm and commonsense in his contact with 911 and with the police officer who arrived at the scene of Gavin's assault on Tevin, Ted and himself. Gavin showed remarkable stupidity in attempting to single-handedly seriously assault the three boys. Gavin is seemingly a combination of Jeff's stupidity and Melton's malice. "Friends? We talked about that the past two days you weren't around. You only wanted us around so you could seem like you were like a leader or something. We heard that Terry called you a Nazi and we realized that you basically were one. You always picked on the black or Jewish kids. We're you're 'friends' because we're all at least partially German. Well, feel free to find yourself a bunker and do the world a favor like your idol, Adolph. Get lost, dickhead." I found this observation by Wilhelm (Bill) very interesting. Was this a conscious move on Gavin's part or merely coincidental? Did he know Ted was Jewish and this is why he forced him to perform sexual favours on him? Bill was seemingly the leading dissenter responsible for the break up of Gavin's little clique. Perhaps he "inherited" some of his resistance from that very famous Dietrich who fled Nazi Germany and was one of its greatest critics and the allies greatest supporters during WWII. Like many have said, it was very pleasing to observe Stephen's acceptance by the swimming team at the YMCA. I have to ask @Lee Wilson, was the teenage girl who told Stephen she thought he was cute named Samantha (sorry, a Can't Stop The Music movie reference)? -
I remember you stating this in another comment. You must have acclimatised to the colder weather. I grew up on the North Coast of NSW and every year when it was 35°C+ on Christmas day and for much of summer I was very happy.
-
You have certainly been bingeing @Gary L. I assume you are still visiting Blighty and therefore not at the beck and call of a certain demanding pooch. Will she give you "the eye" when you return home to voice her displeasure?
-
"MY foster placement after my parents died was with a really nice woman, I have to admit. Karen Fulton. To be honest, when I found out initially I was going to her home, I almost refused. Carla told me she was an older woman, mid-fifties, who had no husband—turns out he passed a decade prior due to cancer—and only had one cat. Benjamin. I was skeptical. My mom hated cats, called them the devil, so naturally I grew up hating them too". And there we have it, the root cause of all the troubles that have ailed Jonah throughout his life, but particularly since the night of the ill-fated party. His mother, who struck me as smart and pleasant at the time, hated cats. Her abhorrent hatred of cats, which she passed onto Jonah, has been his downfall. Hopefully, Benjamin will totally rid him of any lingering doubts he may have as to the superiority of cats when he stays with Karen on this occasion. Karen, she with the totally unsuitable given name, is a delight. Her "brand" of Christianity is obviously totally different to Irene's. She appears to practice the basics tenets of Christianity, whereas iniquitous Irene practices the fire and brimstone "brand" of Christianity. It was wonderful to observe Jonah rebut Irene's claims regarding James, denouncing her for hypocrisy; and even more wonderful to observe Karen's wholehearted support for Jonah's denunciation of her. "She's a bitch", the highlight of this chapter. “So you know how we were trying to get contents from Victor’s phone? “Yeah?” “Turns out there was stuff on it. A whole video documenting him practically putting a roofie into my drink. I leaked it. And now his parents are pissed off and trying to get me expelled next year.” I am not sure what Will means by "him practically putting a roofie into my drink". I would think Victor either did or did not put a roofie into Will's drink. If he did, then surely he can be charged with something. And if he did, and his parents are only pissed off at Will for leaking the video, it once again demonstrates how vile they are, totally unfit to be parents. I would love to see Victor removed from their care and they be charged with something serious like money-laundering, racketeering, insider-trading, anything which results in lengthy prison sentences. What a despicable pair of parasites. A tremendous chapter @irivera.
- 17 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
My Mark on Your Heart
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in My Mark on Your Heart
Now that is what I call a speculation, one which is very appealing @Paladin.- 34 comments
-
- 11
-
-
