Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,347
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    What a delightfully upbeat chapter for the most part. James and Alex are forging a stronger father/son relationship as Alex is far more forgiving of his father than what his arsehole of a brother, Keith, is. Apparently James' ex-wife Cammie has even made comments about Keith's belligerent attitude towards his father. James' self-reflection was refreshing; his awareness of the advice he is doling out to Alex being advice he should follow himself, indicative of his somewhat fragile self-image still. My only disappointment with this chapter @ChromedOutCortex, no details of the menu options at the vegetarian/vegan restaurant. I am vegetarian and often have vegan meals, and am always interested in reading of such food.
  2. I remember the time when both you and I were suspicious of Mr Russ and his motives @drsawzall. Isn't it delightful to have been proven wrong (for once)? I often "bristle" at the use of the word organically, apart from when used to describe food grown in such a manner, but your use of the word in this circumstance is perfect, without a trace of pretentiousness. I think the forming of this "family" has been one of the most enjoyable developments in this story, particularly the friendship between Mr Russ and Toby, one which appears to delight Mr Russ as much, if not more, than Toby.
  3. It looks like I might have to read the previous stories about Carlo and Karl.
  4. I agree with both my learned fellow readers @Bft and @pvtguy; Brian should not have said anything to Deirdre. She has proven time and time again that she cannot be trusted, and if this information can be used to her advantage you can bet she will do so. I still think she has instigated Jasper following Toby to try and get any information she can to use to cast doubt on Brian's suitability as a parent, information she would be prepared not to disclose for a fee. If she has not instigated Jasper following Toby then it is even more concerning. Why would he do so, unless he plans on blackmailing Brian himself, or maybe, Felix forbid, he fancies Toby. If his appearances have been purely coincidental then I am Jasper Carrott. Intrigue, intrigue, intrigue @Robert Hugill, with a little bit of Kahnian affection thrown into the mix. "Russ positively bristled when they told him about Jasper. " 'Mr Russ' genuine affection for Toby has never been more evident than what it was in this chapter. Heaven help anyone who might cause Toby harm, they may find themselves in need of some serious medical treatment as a bare minimum. I so enjoyed this chapter.
  5. Thank you @wintreargo77 and @VBlew. As soon as I read your comments I remembered him, more for the fact that he had apparently let himself go and was decidedly unattractive in Geoff's eyes.
  6. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 42

    I hope you did not think I was offended by Andrew's expletive @Andre Delport. It illustrated that even he can be less than perfect at times. If I have not sworn in any of the comments I have written on this story it would be a miracle. I cuss like a sailor, although I have been told and I agree wholeheartedly, I swear eloquently e.g. fucking is never fuckin' or worse still fucken. At my age I find swearing relieves tension and frustration far more easily, cheaply and healthily than drinking or smoking or partaking of any kind of drug, illegal or otherwise (well that is my excuse and I am sticking to it).
  7. "Thank you dear, but no. It's yours. I'm OK. We have an arrangement, he will leave me most of his paycheck in our account, but I do hope to sell the house and move closer to your school once the divorce is final". Something about this statement does not ring true @Lee Wilson. Uncle Bob is being uncharacteristically generous with Aunt Carmela, particularly after she kicked him to the kerb. He appeared to be very frugal with expenditure on Domenico, so why the sudden change? Is Georgia one of those states where adultery is still grounds for divorce and the adulterer is expected to pay dearly for their infidelity? As much as I dislike Uncle Bob, I think that unfair if it is the case, particularly given they had no children together. It would not surprise me if Uncle Bob receives his wages in two separate payments, some as cash in hand and some via bank deposit from his employer. He may have been doing this for quite some time now, particularly if he has been stepping out on Aunt Carmela with his current girlfriend for at least a couple of years. Camilla may be his current "replacement" for Carmela, but perhaps there have been others before Camilla. The "shared penis" was most amusing @Lee Wilson as were a number of the readers comments in response to this, especially @Paladin. I too thought Jake provided a terrific explanation of the basics of male sex organs to Shaun and David. And boy is that Shaun bossy or what? He seems to be the leader and David seems to acquiesce without too much opposition.
  8. I am trying to recall if we have come across David Mitchell Sr before as his persona sounds vaguely familiar (maybe he is a friend or brethren of Solomon's). I checked The Education of Grandpa and could not find him, so maybe I imagined it. Given his son's acknowledgment of his father, I don't think Geoff and Tom have to worry about him being a hustler and trying to con them for cash. Both Geoff and Tom enjoyed the visit to the nude beach with Jason and Chris. The four seem to have much in common and will perhaps further visits to each other.
  9. The change to the date formatting, removing the American date formatting, made this story so much easier for me to read @Lee Wilson. I was telling a woman I work with about this story and how the American date formatting did my head in. She is significantly younger than me (she is only 40), and she said it does her head in too, so it is not just crusty old grumps like me who struggle with it. So, thank you for that. You really do have the most extraordinarily fertile imagination. Not one to rest on your laurels, you have now written a Science Fiction Fantasy, although you may have already done this before and I have not read it. I read this one out of curiosity more than anything else as it is a genre which holds very limited interest for me. I have to say in your capable hands, I found myself enjoying it, greatly provoked at times. Similarly to @weinerdog, my head "hurt" trying to comprehend all the science, but as is usual for a Wilsonian tale, the characters were interesting and well-written, thus overcoming the limited appeal of a story of this genre and relegating the scientific data to the background. There was a sprinkling of humour, which really surprised me given the genre, but then I guess Lost In Space, the TV show, was at times amusing. "Warning! Warning!" "You Bubble-headed Booby!" I actually had a "vision" of the Robot a few times during the reading of this story. I rejoiced when the carkons began feasting on the human population. What provoked me to fury was the dismay and outrage expressed by the humans that this was occurring. My immediate thought, expressed loudly to Frida and Missy (my feline companions), was "Serves you right motherfuckers; you were outraged by this, but more than comfortable to do this in much larger numbers": "The pigs, chickens, fish, and other small animals reproduced at the expected rate, so we had quite an assortment of menu choices". A real surprise packet @Lee Wilson. I enjoyed it. Perhaps you should have been employed to write the script for Star Wars. What is next in the @Lee Wilson treasure trove? An opera, a Broadway musical, a Mills & Boon style "bodice ripper", a historical romance or a story written entirely in Liki, Akkadian or Swahili?
  10. Summerabbacat

    Prologue

    Billions of dollars wasted, money that would have been far better spent trying to repair the damage the human animal has done to the existing planet. But no, let's spend that money on trying to work out a way get to another planet so that we can overpopulate it too, rape and pillage its environment and any other non-human animals who may already exist there, all in the name of progress and some imaginary deity. As a collective we are the most stupid, egotistical and fucking selfish of all living things.
  11. Only a couple @Lee Wilson? You are obviously a far more tolerant and kinder person than I am. I can name a couple of dozen without even having to think.
  12. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 3

    With his new look Joshua may have to "fight off" a few cougars. Some of those Mosman "matrons" can be very bossy and they are used to getting their own way with the "right" currency.
  13. My brain had to form multiple new neural pathways @drsawzall in an attempt to keep up with the fast pace of the story, and the conclusion resulted in the catastrophic destruction of several synapses which had slowly been burning out with my changing views on who did what to whom, how, why and when. Like Bohemian Rhapsody, a mish-mash of styles, tenuously held together with the end result being a masterpiece. Well done @JLynch.
  14. She has that in common with "my" cat Missy, 12 years of age going on 3 and an outrageous "flirt". The only human she has ever met whom she did not like is my 9 year old niece, and for good reason.
  15. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 3

    Vanessa, the cougar. LOL. The policeman nominated universally as the most trustworthy for Joshua to talk to is a wise choice. With Jordan and Cameron at his side and Vanessa providing moral support too, Joshua's task of revealing all will hopefully be a little easier. I hope there is enough evidence to enable the arrest of Joshua's Uncle and Aunt very quickly; gathering sufficient evidence to prosecute the police who protected them may take a little longer. I hope there is an investigation into Daniel's alleged murder, and if he is found dead, additional charges are brought against those who did it. As for his sister, it appears she cannot be charged with anything, but if Joshua does not want to see her, I hope she is legally prevented from seeing him if she desires to do so. Birkenhead Point takes me back. I have not been there for years @Paladin An enjoyable well-written chapter.
  16. Ryan needs to explain to Lynn and quickly that a marriage between her and Matthew is NEVER going to eventuate, and with Matthew's permission, which hopefully he will give, explain the reason why. And speaking of marriage, is it really necessary for Ryan and Mary to marry?
  17. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 42

    Michael Gibson stated what I have observed on several occasions: "In my opinion, and of a few others in the industry, Devlin-Major is a beacon of hope. Your fresh ideas, the way you do business and how you genuinely care about your guests and, in my humble opinion, your staff, is to be applauded." His comment about Andrew and Ryan's treatment of Devlin-Major group staff in particular is one they should be applauded for. I assume the rescue was far more difficult than what Ryan indicated, but as stated by Andrew they would not have contemplated it if there was any real danger to Belle Catherine and her passengers. I was most amused when Andrew swore. I don't recall him doing this, at least not for a long time (he likely did when Ryan was kidnapped and tortured). I was pleased to note even he can be a bit grumpy in the early morning, particularly when woken by a mobile call. A dramatic chapter, very believably written @Andre Delport. Well done as usual.
  18. It appears Graham's resolve to never "sell out" for economic gain is weakening a little as he faces the reality of no longer being gainfully employed at UAE. Simon may have some very useful connections, therefore maintaining a friendship with him is a sensible thing to do, and it is already delivering some opportunities for remuneration. Graham's friendship with Matt made a little ground with the possibility of Graham riding pillion behind Matt on a motorcycle he is contemplating buying. Perhaps the thought of Graham pressed firmly behind him may provoke Matt to contemplate such a purchase with a little more zeal. I look forward to the dinner with Graham and Bas to which Matt has been invited. Perhaps Bas will play matchmaker, or at least confirm to Graham if he believes Matt has an interest in him which is more than friendship. I have one burning question to ask @Robert Hugill. Is Moggie going to make an appearance at some point in time? She deserves her day in the sun, and I am sure she is far more attractive than the dreaded Venetia Murray.
  19. Vern had the last laugh on everyone, the codicil granting him sole ownership of Ledecker Island post-dating the will which was the catalyst for murder and all manner of other illegal activities. I hope he does not waste too much on helping Ethel. Kara and Kat continue their Sapphic synchronisation. We already know Kara is bisexual, perhaps her Scandinavian snatch has proven a powerful aphrodisiac for the cock-craving Kat. CO and Thayer finally get it on, much to the disappointment of Cutie. I think she is barking up the wrong tree with Romey too. Perhaps she needs to cast her net further afield than Bay Lakes. Vern was perhaps sharper than he appeared to be.
  20. A difficult juggling act; being honest with two boys who are starting to learn a little about sex, probably in the schoolyard. Does one lie or refuse to answer, or tell the truth, perhaps an abridged thereof. Shaun Jr and David are fortunate to have a father who likely remembers his own curiosities at their age and is not afraid to discuss what an age-appropriate response should resemble. The pending arrival of Aunt Carmela is likely to have a positive impact upon Domenico, particularly if she is not accompanied by Uncle Bob. If he does not attend might it be a sign that all is not well in their relationship. If so, has Uncle Bob been "stepping out" on Aunt Carmela? It will not surprise me if this is the case. Another enjoyable chapter @Lee Wilson, with Jake and Domenico potentially taking on a role as "mentors" for the former's cousins. Just what they tell Shaun Jr and David remains to be seen, and will they demonstrate anything for the boys.
  21. Gilligan?
  22. Summerabbacat

    Birthday!

    If you don't like the snow @Gary L you have my sympathy. Personally I hate it. We are into our 15th day of autumn in Sydney. Yesterday it was sunny and 30°C and today a mix of sunny and overcast and 35°C. It is 9.13pm and I am till in shorts and an Aussiebum nylon singlet.
  23. Passing forward the kindness. If I remember correctly that is a basic Christian principle too. Some may so that is not what has occurred, but putting aside the sex between Alec, Rick and Andy, it is essentially what has occurred. Alec and Rick have offered Andy shelter and food and asked for nothing in return. They have suggested he apply for a job at their place of employment and will no doubt put in a good word for him. Given both have become respected and valued employees in a short period of time themselves, I am certain their good word will be persuasive. A delightful story @chris191070.
  24. Summerabbacat

    On the Road

    What a contrast. Hypocritical Harlan with his 2" cock, his enjoyment of man sex and his preaching about the evils of homosexuals, calling for them to be driven from society. Compare him to Alec's dad, a man with a basic education, widowed at a young age, single-handedly raising his son until he is killed in a workplace accident, a man who now apparently watches over his son and his son's new boyfriend from beyond the grave. I ask you, who is the better man? Alec and Rick seem to have landed on their feet again after a brief encounter with the underwhelming and overbearing Harlan. Marty and Tyler appear caring, even leaving the sex aside, the type of friends you want in your corner. Certainly, they are far more Christian in their treatment of their fellow man than Hellfire Harlan.
  25. Who owns the island? Thurston and Lovey Howell? JR Ewing? Alexis Morel Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan? Elvis? A Kartrashian? Ten Ethyl? It seems Ethel will not be having the last laugh on Ten Ethyl after all. He may in fact have the last laugh on her. Ty(rone) and C(lifford) will make a handsome couple if that is @JLynch's intent. I am still thinking Stuart and Elliott are not one and the same.
×
×
  • Create New...