Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,371
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 33

    Porn? The Grocery Boy He Delivers? Gardener's Do It Best? Lockdown Lovers? Student Sexploits? Albuquerque Anal? The potential titles are endless. Calvin's comment "You’d think if you can get a PhD you could learn the procedures for operating Zoom" whilst amusing is also annoyingly arrogant and smacks of ageism. I like to think I am relatively intelligent and yet technology of many types invariably baffles me. With some minor exceptions, I do not find it intuitive or user friendly. I also find it frustratingly prone to crash or go slow without any warning or reason as to why. I find my use of expletives increases exponentially whenever I am confronted with slow systems or new ways of doing things which do not seem to be an improvement, rather change merely for changes sake. The green eyed monster made an appearance, albeit briefly. I think Alan picked up on it. Did it stroke his ego or did it annoy him? I am not sure as yet.
  2. "When I glanced at the window, I could see that the blinds in his room were pulled back, so I looked inside. What I saw was not what I expected. I felt my heart lurch inside my chest. The room was bare. There was no bed. There was no Raffa. Fuck! Where was he? What the hell has happened now?" Now that is just plain mean @Mark Ponyboy Peters aka "Devil Author" (thank you @weinerdog) aka Heather (I am not sure which one, but they were all mean girls). Bryan and Chase and particularly Oliver brought some humour to the table (literally) in this chapter, amongst what was a relatively restrained chapter otherwise. Oliver's comment on Chase's hair was classic Oliver, and Chase took it as it was intended, with a sense of humour. I can sympathise with the de Silva's and Grayson regarding the endless waiting for Rafael to awaken and an assessment to be undertaken of his injuries, particularly his spinal injury. It does not matter how much one reminds oneself that it is counterproductive to worry about something which may not eventuate, the love and concern invariably overpower rational thought and it is very difficult to retain a positive outlook. I have experienced it on more than one occasion and it never gets any easier. You have illustrated well the fatigue which has started to overcome the de Silva's and Grayson @Mark Ponyboy Peters. And I noted another top 10 placing for this story, on this occasion #4 in the Top 10 'Most Read Thriller/Suspense' stories for the month ending 21/02/25, one placing behind Kept Boy to Made Man by @empath. You are in exalted company @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  3. Heinous, haunting, heroic and hopeful. Each chapter ran the gauntlet of emotions; from joy to sadness to anger, each but particularly the latter two, at their most extreme, a witness to the very worst and the very best of humanity. A huge cast of characters populate the landscape of this sprawling story. As several of my fellow readers have commented, the story is not for the faint-hearted, the evil and toxicity of child sex-trafficking brutally portrayed by a truly gifted author in @empath. I have had the privilege of reading many fine works on GA, and I can attest there have been none finer than this masterpiece.
  4. The two original "unwanted sons" became not only wanted sons, but wanted fathers. Roger the wanted "son" of Dominic De Luca, and the wanted father by formal adoption of Elio and Emilio, and by an unbreakable bond of absolute love and devotion, of Thomas. Thomas the wanted "son" of not only Roger but of Sandra too, and the wanted "father" or "big brother" of all the boys rescued who found a home at Liberty Academy. Other "unwanted sons" became wanted sons, Mark, Juan, Simon and Sammy being the most notable. And Qian Chang, perhaps an "unwanted son" became a wanted father. Some may view Rocky and Orlando as vigilantes, and whilst I acknowledge there is some truth to this view, I prefer to view them as avenging angels. The "forced suicide" of another abuser an example that sometimes justice prevails with a minimum of expense and fuss. Dominic De Luca is to be applauded for having Eddy's book decoded and engaging Orlando and Rocky to investigate and where necessary terminate abusers. “Who's next?” Rocky asked as Orlando drove slowly down the long, thin, dirt driveway." Well done boys, keep up the good work. So many joyous moments in this chapter, starting with the recognition of Billy and Oliver. And what a beautiful moment when Jasper and Mark "pushed" the latter towards the President, recognition of their adoration and trust of their big brother. John Renkin disappointed me greatly, primarily because of his dishonesty and lack of courage. I do not give a damn he has broken his marriage vows as the Cuntess of Chicago deserves nothing but contempt from all who are unfortunate enough to come into contact with her. The dishonesty is with himself, another affair apparently with a new junior investor, a relationship in which he holds all the power. His lack of courage to be his true self is a very poor reflection on him. As my fellow reader @drsawzall commented, John's only use is to grow the Academy's endowment. He could be so much more if he ditched the facade as well as the Cuntess. A masterpiece @empath.
  5. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 10

    The judge surprised me too@weinerdog. She initially appeared to have some sympathy for and/or understanding of Lucas' situation and I felt he was going to receive a positive outcome, particularly when she appeared to be anything but impressed with Uncle Franklin (he appears to have had a name change in this chapter). Her hurried decision, with no thought given to Lucas' plea, appears to have been motivated by what you have suggested. And I agree, if something serious eventuates e.g. Lucas carries through on his threat to kill Uncle Franklin if he attempts to molest him again, her arse should be in a sling (and not for any pleasurable purpose). Sammy delighted Dwight and Brian with her question if they are a couple. She is very observant and astute. Methinks Alex may also have more than a passing interest in her. I certainly hope so, even if for no other reason than to make the shallow bitches who were her friends, jealous.
  6. You may not be a psychologist @Lee Wilson, but you wrote the interaction between Domenico and Dr Paulson with sensitivity and empathy, two qualities I envisage it would be ideal for a person in such a profession to possess. I have not known any psychologists well in my lifetime, although I was acquainted with two in the cat rescue organisation I belonged to at one time. They were married to each other until he decided to beat the shit out of her. On the few occasions I met them I did not warm to either, I found her particularly shallow and cold and him creepy. Bill, Marcus and Don surprised me with the depth of their concern for Domenico; they are far more mature and caring than I would expect from boys of their age. Together with Jake, Domenico has a good support network at school, support I believe he will realise when he returns from the "nut house". Domenico is fortunate in that he recognises he has a problem, he just does not know how to address his problem, which I think is essentially summed up with "Why doesn't anybody love me?" He has gone from being a boy with parents and a sibling whom he loved and who loved him, to a boy at a boarding school with an Aunt who is perhaps fond of him and an Uncle who openly despises him.
  7. Hopefully the worst and the best are behind him @Lee Wilson, the former decreasing his stress and the latter potentially increasing his pleasure.
  8. Spillage of any kind on furniture from which stains cannot be removed or are difficult to remove is what "worries" me about being naked around the house (that and having one of my cats suddenly jump into my lap). Clothes can cover a multitude of "sins".
  9. “And how’s your love life, looking?” Vince looked his usual collected self, but Dawn thought she saw ripples underneath. “A bit on and off. It’s got complicated and”, Vince sighed, “I just…” Dawn gave him her best motherly look, “Well, I’m here if you need to talk.” Very intriguing chapter @Robert Hugill. Vince's discussion with Dawn has me wondering if Vince has crossed over to the "dark side" and that is why his love life is complicated. Is Peter perhaps more than a friend? Or is she married as Graham wondered? Graham's burgeoning "relationship" with Matt is something of a conundrum to Graham, and most likely to Matt too. I won't be surprised if Vince's altruism comes to the fore regarding Matt and his mother now that Graham has apprised him of their perilous financial circumstances. Another charming little chapter.
  10. Like @weinerdog, I think Mike is laying low again, fearing reprisal from one or more of sss Shane's goons for ramming his car to prevent his escape. Given they bashed Grayson, presumably under orders from or as a favour to sss Shane, Mike's caution is warranted. I also agree with several of my fellow readers that it is imperative Grayson speak to Mike to advise him of what he disclosed to the police regarding the night sss Shane got his hands on the "fresh meat" and refused to stop when Grayson said no. This admission must surely strengthen the case against sss Shane. I was very impressed with Constable Taylor's response to this disclosure from Grayson, and also with Pamela. No judgment from either, just sympathy and understanding. Antonio impressed again, resolute in his acceptance of Grayson as Rafael's partner, directing the hospital to treat Grayson as a family member and allow him the same visitation rights as the de Silva family themselves. Grayson's bedside chat with Rafael revealed what I thought might eventuate, he feels guilty, responsible for what has happened to Rafael. He must share this guilt with someone before it "eats" away at him. Leandro is the obvious choice as he already has some idea of what happened to Grayson at the hands of sss Shane. Great chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters. It is pleasing to observe the noose is tightening around sss Shane's neck. I think the chances of him being found not guilty of attempted murder are slim.
  11. Gladys, the "scarlet woman", temptress of Solomon. Solomon, pious puritan, lustful loins awakened by Dominatrix Gladys decked out in a rubber cat suit with all manner of whips, cat o'nine tails. Hypocrites both. Hopefully Mary will divorce Solomon and kick him to the kerb. He may have to move in with his Dominatrix.
  12. Summerabbacat

    Wanted Sons

    If Joshua comes out to John and the Cuntess of Chicago perhaps it might encourage John to ditch the bitch, even if it means living by himself. Anything would be better than living with Rebecca. The only thing which will improve her, make her bearable for anyone unfortunate enough to become acquainted with her, is death.
  13. Summerabbacat

    Wanted Sons

    Tapestry is a word you often have used in comments praising this story @drsawzall. Never has the word been a more apt description than for this beautiful chapter, a chapter which saw the closure of past hurt for so many, including Roger and Thomas, and the beginning of a brighter future for so many, even if that future is limited, as it appears to be for Daniel. Your astute observation in the prior chapter @Cane23 was confirmed . Mario Espinoza is the father of one Juan Ramos. Hopefully a meeting between the two will be witnessed in the epilogue, which I am looking forward to like the much anticipated release of Voyage by ABBA in November 2021. Orlando and Rocky, reformed mafioso thugs? Their past misdeeds should not be forgiven or forgotten, but their recent righteous and heroic acts say much about their character, as well as their sense of humour (Orlando's warning to "Justice" Jean, a light hearted moment to relish). Admiration of both came from many unexpected quarters, from Dominic De Luca to Samantha Jones to Sandra Mack. And now for a comment or two for you specifically @empath. There was a smattering of humour in this chapter, which I did not expect given the content of the story to date. Elio's comment "We're Cicero's" got the ball rolling. Judge Sarah Roe. Was this an amalgam of Jane Roe and one of her legal representatives Sarah Waddington @empath or merely coincidence? Given the current climate in your homeland I hope it was not a coincidence. Speaking of the current climate, I somehow doubt the current regime would have any appetite to resolve criminal activities as described in this masterful work. Many of the victims would be deemed worthless, the offspring of hookers, junkies and the socially disadvantaged, all of whom brought their misfortunes on themselves (not my words). Again tears sprung (poured) forth, beginning with: “Do you think Stan is happy?” He was using the small voice that meant he needed reassurance". A timely reminder there were more victims than just the boys themselves. I cannot say much more (much to the relief of many I am sure) without repeating comments I have made in prior chapters @empath. Suffice to say, an extraordinary piece of literature has been written and selflessly shared, and you are its author.
  14. Evie and Drew's response to the request they provide the "venue" for an evening party after the wedding was as I expected. Joyous, a chance to celebrate, maybe a chance for Drew to sell more works to Russ, and hopefully ruffle a few feathers, although it does not appear any of the expected party guests will have cause for ruffled feathers. I am a little disappointed Ralph and Nolan were not mentioned as possible guests, but then I guess the rekindling of the friendship between Gordon and Ralph has not begun as yet. The chapter title made me think again of The Wedding List by Kate Bush and the rather amusing Wedding Bells by Godley & Creme, each of whom at one stage was 1/4 of 10CC, before a relatively successful career as a duo. Both songs I enjoy, especially Kate of course, but it is the latter below, a song which does not speak fondly of weddings or marriage in general.
  15. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 9

    Repeatedly, driving backwards and forwards, like Kathleen Turner as Beverly Sutphin in Serial Mom. A joyous occasion.
  16. Domenico has borne a lot of heartache in recent times, the death of his parents and his beloved brother, Stefano, rejection by his Uncle Bob which his Aunt Carmela has seemingly not attempted to discourage or quash. He appeared to be faring well in his new environment until reactionary Rod showed his true colours, a narrow-minded bigot. Given his age, I suspect Rod may be spouting the views of his parents or some other influential person in his life to date. @Lee Wilson I am pleased you chose not to jump off the overpass into the path of an incoming truck.
  17. Leandro and Oliver, Rafael and Grayson are fortunate to have such wonderful older and younger brothers respectively, the former providing wonderful emotional support for Rafael and now for Grayson too, and Oliver offering Grayson his constant affection. Dr Chen has delivered a positive and hopeful prognosis, although there is still concern over the damaged vertebrae. Frankly, given the extent of Rafael's injuries, it is remarkable he is doing as well as he is. He has youth on his side. Well written again @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  18. @Robert Hugill's works invariably make me think of Kate Bush @drsawzall, and this story and particularly your comment have made me think of her again and this beautiful tribute to their mother country.
  19. My eyesight (with glasses) is worse than I thought @chris191070. I thought it was @Cane23 who had made this comment, shortly after he made the comment about the mooning brothers in a story written by your fellow Englishman, Robert Hugill. It seems you are both on 🔥.
  20. I like the way you think @chris191070. For some DP, double the pleasure, for some double the pain, and for still others a little of both I should imagine. It makes me think of Jack Nicholson aka The Joker from Batman when he says "this town needs an enema".
  21. You are on 🔥 tonight (it is 11.20pm here in Sydney) with the witticisms @Cane23; firstly one brother mooning another, now sss Shane being spit-roasted by Big Bad Bubba. May I elaborate, Big Bad Bubba "bringing up the rear" and Humungous Hard-on Hiram as the front-row forward; sss Shane well and truly stuffed or cornholed from both ends.
  22. Your longest work by quite a margin @Robert Hugill. A leisurely pace should not be unfavourably viewed when the characters are as interesting and even a little quirky as Graham and Vince, and I think the "secondary" characters Freddie and Matt are likely to be equally interesting. Whilst I do like an action-packed, dramatic and suspenseful story, I enjoy equally one like this which soothes and entertains with a different set of charms.
  23. Luis Fernandez was not the stereotype macho Hispanic man. He is intelligent and not at all concerned that his son may, and in fact is likely to be gay. He treated Ricky with respect and kindness, rationally discussing sex with him and counselling him not to share their discussion with his mother as she does not share her husband's more liberal and enlightened views on sex in general, and homosexuality in particular. What a contrast to Matthew's father Solomon. I expect fireworks in the next chapter when Matthew returns home and delivers the news of his summer employment and plans to stay with Granddad Tom. Solomon will likely blow a gasket.
  24. OMG as if the chapter itself was not funny enough, then you throw in this doozy @Cane23. Hilarious, I just about peed myself laughing. I laughed so much I hiccoughed AND snorted (very Therese @Robert Hugill). My eldest cat Frida was on the dining table having a post-dinner wash (it is almost 10pm) and she looked at me as if she thought I was having a seizure. The physical contrast between the brothers could not be greater @Robert Hugill; Graham smooth all over like a baby's bottom (and from his description of himself with only minor hair removal required to achieve the look) vs Vince, positively Sasquatchian (without the bulk if I remember correctly). The emotional and/or intellectual is where they are more alike, possibly in reaction to their father's treatment of each. Both seemingly have a short fuse, prone to flying off the handle with the smallest of provocation and highly intelligent. I am keen to know more about Matt and his mother's apparent limited capacity and circumstances. There are spare bedrooms in Philpott Towers and Vince does like helping out the homeless and disadvantaged. Matt could start out in one of the spare bedrooms too, before migrating to the "annexe". After five chapters very little has happened to any of the characters thus far, and this is one of its strengths @Robert Hugill. A charming story, one to accompany a coffee, tea or any other beverage which takes your fancy with a biscuit or some of your beloved cake. The odd thing for me though is that it is set in summer, I am reading it in summer (although it has hardly been a hot summer in Sydney) and yet I am associating it more with a winter tale. Perhaps it is the mention of marshlands and bread with jam or bananas for breakfast which conjures an image of winter; very Wuthering Heights (both Emily's literary masterpiece and Kate's sonic masterpiece). Not sure I would be wanting to moon anyone in such weather though @Cane23.
  25. How about sulphuric soiled scumbag Shane (sss Shane) @weinerdog? At a height of 167cm he should fit snugly on Big Bad Bubba's lap when he is imprisoned, particularly if he is rectally impaled. He may find himself a very popular bitch in prison, he will not be so fucking smug then will he. It was reassuring Rafael does not appear to have sustained any neck or brain injuries from being catapulted off his motorbike and colliding with a vehicle, his motorbike and possibly the road. People often complain about having to wear a helmet, but imagine this scenario if Rafael had not been wearing a helmet. His family and friends would almost certainly have been visiting him in the morgue. I was very impressed with Antonio. He is clearly devastated, grief stricken, and yet he remained strong for the sake of Katherine. His insistence Grayson was a family member as Rafael's partner, indicates not only has Rafael fallen in love with him, but it seems Rafael's parents have at least warmed to him very quickly too. I do hope Grayson does not blame himself for this attempted murder, thinking that what happened to him at the hands of sss Shane and to a lesser extent Mike, is what started sss Shane's retaliatory action. I do hope Rafael does not "reject" Grayson if there is a chance he may not walk again, martyring himself so as not to "tie down" Grayson. I, like a couple of my fellow readers, find it difficult to believe Mike just happened to be passing by. I don't think he was involved, but I do think he has had sssShane under watch. I don't think the truth will come until it is revealed what happened to Grayson, which appears to have been the catalyst for all the retaliatory action since. @Al Norris described this story well with his comment @Mark Ponyboy Peters writes in a manner that I become involved with the story and characters. Very well said. And the only "dessert" I hope sss Shane gets @Al Norris, is ice cream made from sour milk, served with rancid Brussels sprouts, cabbage and cheap white chocolate. Fucking disgusting.
×
×
  • Create New...