Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,351
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. I normally abhor patriotism, or perhaps it is more accurate to say nationalism, but with this story at #3 in the Top 10 Most Read Thriller/Suspense for the month ending 17/01/25 on GA and What Brings Us Together - Part 1 by @Paladin at #2 in the Top 10 Most Read Fantasy for the month ending 17/01/25 on GA, I am going to celebrate @Mark Ponyboy Peters with a truly "patriotic" #1 hit song from 1979 about Aussie Rules. I do like Aussie Rules (unlike cricket) for its eye candy (unlike cricket) and skilful play and the song is listenable. Well done Aussie lads @Mark Ponyboy Peters and @Paladin.
  2. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 6

    I normally abhor patriotism, or perhaps it is more accurate to say nationalism, but with this story at #2 in the Top 10 Most Read Fantasy for the month ending 17/01/25 on GA and Stockroom Secrets by @Mark Ponyboy Peters at #3 in the Top 10 Most Read Thriller/Suspense for the month ending 17/01/25 on GA, I am going to celebrate @Paladin with a truly patriotic #1 hit song from 1979. I don't like cricket at all and the song is mediocre, but I don't care for once. Well done Aussie lads @Paladin and @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  3. Hansi has it. She is not the innocent hausfrau she and apparently Andreas has portrayed her to be. Her visit to Ludo was a calculated move.
  4. “There’s not much I can do, is there? I’m hardly in a position to help, thanks to you?” It all came out rather sharper than intended and she turned to him, surprised. “Well! What did you expect. The police keep dragging me in for questioning, convinced that I know where all the fucking money is hidden. Damian doesn’t know whether he’s coming or going, he hates you and misses you. We’re seriously thinking of getting him a therapist.” “A therapist?” “Yeah. You can’t just piss off and leave him and expect him to shake himself and carry on. He’s only ten for God’s sake. I do my best but at this rate, you’ll be lucky he’s still speaking to you when all this is over. And we’ve got bloody years of it. You realise that.” “Hardly years. Come on Ludo…” “No! You don’t get do to that anymore. No bloody come-on, Ludo. The trial won’t be until next year, if we’re lucky. The solicitor says that the finance side might be so complicated they’ll want a delay. And they are still looking for more money. Whatever happens, there’s bound to be an appeal. And we have to sit tight and pretend that life’s a dream. Thank you very fucking much.” At last Ludo let Jackie have it. He has had enough of her lies and selfishness and let her know in no uncertain terms she had finally gone too far. Well done Ludo. Jackie's revelations may have garnered her some sympathy from some of my fellow readers, but not from me, none, not a skerrick. She made her bed, so she can lie in it. Her totally selfish actions led to this "Damian nodded, trying to look serious but then he burst into tears. After all, he was just a ten-year-old who, despite everything, missed his Mum." Pesky Penis and Vivacious Vagina, what wonderful names. Such imagination @Robert Hugill. Wowjer? Is that another Hugillism or is it a spelling error? I googled it and found nothing. The only word I could think of which is spelt similarly is wowser, but that word does not fit the context. Another fine chapter @Robert Hugill. As much as I am loathe to admit I agree with @Cane23 on this occasion, the chapter did paint a slightly less obnoxious Jackie, although as I said above, she did not garner any sympathy from me. It is all Too Much, Too Little, Too Late.
  5. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 6

    The secret has been revealed, albeit reactively rather than proactively, or has it? I am somewhat puzzled as to why Jordan, his family and friends, have all seemingly worked so hard to keep this event a secret from Cameron. Did Jordan have a mini or full-blown breakdown following the death of Adam? I think it perfectly understandable if he did. Or is there something more "sinister" behind the secrecy? And why was Jordan so insistent when pleading with Joshua, "Josh, I’m so sorry. I’m really so sorry. I tried to save him. I wanted him to live more than anything. I did all I could to save him.” Tears were streaming down Jordan’s face. “You’ve got to believe me I did all I could to save him.” He let go of Jordan and sank to his knees sobbing. “I did all I could, but it wasn’t enough. I loved him. I really loved him but I still couldn’t save him.”? Did Adam's parents blame Jordan for their son's death or was there some suspicion levelled at Jordan from the "authorities? Or am I just being my usual contrary distrustful self in thinking there is still something Jordan has not revealed, and if so, for what reason. Whatever his involvement in the death of Adam, Jordan cannot be faulted for his kindness towards Joshua. Both he and Cameron initially assumed, as did I, Joshua was homeless. How old is Joshua and how has he managed to run away from home with the intent of killing himself without raising some kind of reaction from his parents who were presumably Adam's parents too? His statement "But you showed me you cared about me and wanted to help me. You didn’t want to just use me. Since being here and meeting you I’ve realized that people can care about me." has me wondering if Adam was perhaps the favourite son and with him dead Joshua's parents have shown him little affection and left him to his own devices. Very clever writing @Paladin. The "revelation" has raised as many if not more questions than existed before the "revelation". You certainly have a captive audience with this one, although unlike many, your captives have free rein to remove themselves from captivity.
  6. I really like Tom, and Cynthia must have been pretty "cool" too, naming their daughter Lilac, so much more appealing and original than Blue Ivy, Apple, North or Chicago. What a shame they did not name Mary, Indigo or Violet. Having said this, Mary appears to be somewhat staid and uptight so an ordinary name like Mary is perhaps more suitable. Geoff and Tom are rocking "senior citizen sex", proving one is not dead at 35. Whilst Grandpa has not "put out" both he and Tom seem to have found the position that suits them best, top and bottom respectively. I look forward the upcoming Granddad Tom Rules, the title suggesting, or I am least hoping it suggests, Tom will not put up with any nonsense from Mary and her husband (Joseph?), particularly if they are bullying their son with dogmatic religious claptrap.
  7. Very good points @wenmale64. I wonder if it might also be beneficial for Richard to meet Rafael's parents as well as Rafael. I seem to recall Rafael said his parents are supportive of him, so a discussion between Richard and Rafael's father in particular about his acceptance of Rafael, may assist Richard in moving forward to acceptance.
  8. Grayson's father's reaction to Grayson's revelation he is gay was not surprising given his teenage experience with his boss. Statistically, it is more than likely his boss was a married man, possibly with children of his own, and more than likely he was not gay. Non-consensual sex between adult males and underage males is often as much or even more about power than about sexual pleasure. As noted by @centexhairysub, Richard's boss had power over him, and it was a job Richard enjoyed. I assume Richard will reveal more of what happened to him and it will not surprise me if he reveals he felt guilty, that somehow he invited this unwanted sexual attention or that he should have been "more of a man" and stood up for himself. I imagine Richard's rape at the hands of his boss was very emasculating. The fact he has kept this bottled up inside, having never revealed it to anyone, for more than 30 years and remained as sane as he has, is remarkable in of itself. Richard's apology to Grayson and Pamela for the way he reacted to Grayson's revelation and his insensitivity to his assault, and his admission he does not want to respond negatively to Grayson because he is gay, must surely provide comfort he will make a concerted effort to address his own torment and suffering. If nothing else, something positive may well emerge for not only Grayson, but for Richard and for Brian too, out of Grayson's assault. A very well written chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters. It is apparent Richard's revelation has led to a greater understanding of his homophobia for many of my fellow readers. With the support of Pamela, Grayson, Oliver and almost certainly Meaghan and Robbie, and quite possibly Bryan, I believe Richard will be able to face his demons, particularly if Bryan also reveals his own similar story.
  9. Lemon, a single from Zooropa.
  10. Summerabbacat

    New Foundations

    @empath as an aside, this chapter, more than any of its predecessors, focused my attention on the title of this wonderful story, Kept Boy to Made Man. Initially I assumed it related solely to Roger, but one could also easily attribute it to Thomas, and perhaps even some of the other boys if their stories continue. Perhaps the story could have been subtitled as Kept Boy to Made Man (The Cicero Effect) as most, if not all the investigation taking place, is as a result of Thomas' revelation of Uncle Charlie's abuse, the revelation occurring solely because of Roger's belief in Thomas' innocence and his resolute defence of him. This is one of the many great joys of this work @empath; its power to move, challenge, provoke, enrage, entertain and restore faith in humanity (and this is not something easily achieved in my eyes).
  11. Summerabbacat

    New Foundations

    The 'love' emoticon is totally inadequate to express the overwhelming joy this chapter delivered @empath. It was mostly a positive chapter with the: torture of Joel Mark forcing him to give up information on some of the Deck of Cards safe arrival of Roland and Miles at Liberty Academy shared joy between Roger and Sandra, with the once unimaginable remark from Sandra: “I don’t have a place to go home to, and somehow that doesn’t even bother me.” Sandra felt at peace, sitting in the old, tired building full of damaged people committed to do what they could for one another. “We’re setting new foundations here as well. The boys are all much more than your clients, and a lot of new relationships were forged today. Our family is growing, Roger. Maybe I have a home after all.” recognition and articulation by Daniel as to what is truly important in this case: “Ethics be damned,” he thought ruefully, far more concerned with the ends than the means for the first time in his career." total commitment of both Travis and Jennifer White to helping the boys, with the recognition by both of the shallowness of their once held dogmatic and un-Christian like beliefs lullaby sung to Micah by Sandra to quell his nightmares As wonderful as all these events were, nothing prepared me for the pinnacle of this chapter, the admonishment by Peter Motts of his youngest daughter, the Cuntess of Chicago: “If you do anything to cause trouble for your sister, her girlfriend, or the twins I will bury you in every way I can think of.” Peter’s voice was outwardly calm, but there was high voltage running through his words. “I was wrong to cut Melissa out of my life, and so were you. She has been through hell, and it was us that sent her there. Your sister and her life are off-limits.” and “Try and force her out. I will convince John to divorce you, and he will get full custody of the kids. I’ll even pay his legal fees, although he can certainly afford to bury you himself.” Peter's scathing attack on the Cuntess would surely make Alexis Morel Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan green with envy. Peter has moved into true "super bitch" territory, embracing his role as a decent human being with absolute joy and resolve. Unfortunately none of his new found decency as a human being will rub off on the Cuntess, she is beyond redemption. I found it amusing the Cuntess thought Peter might be showing the first signs of dementia because of his apparent change of heart in relation to his other daughter, Melissa and her "lifestyle", whilst Peter thought the same of the Cuntess because of her "inexplicably cold and neurotic behavior". Peter has made great progress in becoming a better person because of his involvement in the Liberty Academy, however, he is still blinded by his affection for the Cuntess and is trying to find valid reasons for her despicable behaviour. There aren't any Peter, she is just a despicable "woman" through and through. Evil, selfish, narcissistic, seriously fucked-up bitch. I have to wonder @empathif the Cuntess' affection for her father is genuine, or is it the love of his money and position that has made him so esteemed in her eyes. Her thoughts after Peter's departure "She had allies, but most of them were loyal to the family’s money and power rather the family’s heiress. It would be almost impossible for her seize control while Peter Motts was still alive." gave me pause to ponder, what is she perhaps contemplating with these thoughts. I don't recall if he was mentioned as still being alive in 2024 in the spinoff stories, if not, I have to wonder if his death was by natural causes, or could the Cuntess somehow have hastened his death without any suspicion falling on her. I recall she fired Rosa when Joshua was 7 years of age, so perhaps Peter passed away around then, or perhaps the Cuntess orchestrated a scheme to have Peter declared mentally unfit to look after himself and had him institutionalised. No evil is beyond her as has been demonstrated on so many occasions.
  12. Another delightful chapter exploring the life of Ralph and his family, friends and work colleagues, although the latter could just as easily be classified as friends too. Some very amusing moments in this chapter, the most appealing of which was: “I think, if, when we marry it would be small and quiet.” Then a wicked gleam came into his eye, “Do you think the girls would like to be page boys?” “You wouldn’t dare!” But Therese laughed too." and "Ralph shrugged, “OK. Do it.” He turned to Ivor, “So, our crotches are going to be all over the internet.” “Milly says I need to stop hiding my light under a bushel.” and the piece de resistance "Ralph gave Nolan a funny look, but he knew exactly what it meant, ‘That’s our evening sorted out for us!’. When this story first started I could not imagine Ralph and Therese getting on so well, primarily because she was such a sourpuss and so manipulative. I believe Ralph's relationship with Nolan has improved his relationship with Therese, she even remarked in this chapter “You know, it took a bit of getting used to, but I think I like the new you.” The "new Ralph" is I believe largely due to Nolan and the joy Ralph derives from his relationship with him. That joy has also boosted Ralph's confidence in many ways, the most notable being his refusal to accept his parents insufferable nonsense any longer, something which Therese has expressed admiration for previously. And I cannot believe I am going to say this, but I found Therese delightful in this chapter, she was almost frivolous and humorous on occasion. Top notch story telling again @Robert Hugill.
  13. With regard to Geoff, as my maternal grandfather would say on occasion, "he still has plenty of lead left in his pencil", and as my maternal grandmother would say on occasion, "he is a randy old coot". Good on him for ploughing Tom's field and sowing his wild oats.
  14. I think you may be right as NEN sounds familiar. I thought we may have had the same commercial TV station.
  15. Did you only have access to the ABC and one commercial channel like I did? I think our commercial channel broadcast from Tamworth (I lived in Taree), but I cannot remember what it was called.
  16. Is that another quote from the Batman TV series perhaps? I remember "same bat time same bat channel" but this sounds very familiar too.
  17. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    It appears you are "binge reading" this story @empath, much healthier and ultimately more enjoyable than binge-drinking or binge TV-watching. I cannot believe though it is 12 months since @Paladin first started publishing Andre & Chris. The story is set in the Central Coast of NSW which is just over 1 hour north of Sydney. The climate and terrain of the two are very similar, with some of Sydney's northern beach suburbs not far at all from the Central Coast. The deadliest onshore creatures I am aware of, apart from the human creature, are the Eastern Brown Snake and the Mainland Tiger Snake. Australian snakes don't usually attack humans though, they tend to only attack when provoked. Sydney has funnel web spiders which are deadly, but I am not sure if they are found as far north as the Central Coast. Offshore we have sharks and box jellyfish, both of which can be very deadly.
  18. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    My opinion of Blair and Calvin changed dramatically in this chapter, they are far less pretentious than I thought they were. They appear to be less serious than Monty, but less serious does not necessarily equate to less principled or shallow. Uncle Nolan's appearance was reassuring as I was beginning to wonder if something had happened to him to cause him to never be around. His disclosure of what caused the rift between the two families was shocking, revealing Jonah's father to be an even smaller-minded man than he appeared to be. That it led to the deterioration of his marriage is a very poor indictment of his character. And finally, the news Jonah has been waiting for, news that James has taken up with some distant relatives in Rhode Island. The big question I have is was this his choice or was he forced to do so by his parents? If he was forced to do so by his parents, has he moved to a home where its inhabitants are equally or even more conservative than his parents? Has he changed his name perhaps? Most enjoyable chapter @irivera.
  19. Grayson's serious assault outside the workplace which has resulted in both the police and an ambulance being called cannot be kept from his father. He will find out one way or another, therefore, I believe it would be better for him to hear it from Grayson, and if not from Grayson from Pamela. Although Richard may be homophobic, it is possible he will be appalled by someone assaulting his son partially for the reason he is gay. As to the identity of Grayson's assailant I believe Shane and an accomplice are the most likely culprits as Grayson did not recognise the voice that threatened him with "fuckin' faggot snitch". Given the number of interactions Grayson has had with Shane one would think he would recognise Shane's voice, but he may not know the accomplice. The other possibility is that it was Tom Goodwin or one of the other boofheads with an accomplice Grayson does not know, with the accomplice again being the person to threaten him with "fuckin' faggot snitch". Unless there is CCTV cameras in the carpark, the identity of the assailant and the accomplice may never be known. Excellent chapter again @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  20. Summerabbacat

    Homecoming

    I apologise for my poor choice of words @Paladin. It was not my intention to downplay his crimes and suggest they were less than those being perpetrated in this story. In essence all I was trying to convey was that, if I remember correctly, he was not part of such a large scale organised crime ring operating across multiple states. There are other differences too if I remember correctly, but don't want to spoil the reading of the story for @empath.
  21. Summerabbacat

    Homecoming

    "Your" paedophile was an "amateur" compared to those in this story @Paladin and Crackhouse Chrissie was a "saint" compared to the Cuntess. Perhaps @empath's Oliver could take some comfort or inspiration from your Oliver. They are of a similar age, although your Oliver's abuse was mild to that of @empath's Oliver, both of whom are consistently referred to as Olly, which I guess is not all that remarkable. I am sure you will enjoy reading Andre and Chris, the story written by @Paladin in which these characters appear @empath.
  22. Summerabbacat

    Homecoming

    The Cuntess has displayed no redeeming qualities at all to date @Cane23. I agree she is dangerous, although at this stage I think the danger she presents is to the physical and mental well-being of those she comes into contact with and contaminates with her hateful attitudes and toxic masculinity (she has many toxic masculinity characteristics). Fortunately, Mary is already showing signs of the inner-strength and independence which enabled her to withstand all the bullshit and condemnation her mother likely tried to force upon her as she grew up. Joshua as we already know from the spin-off stories is not as strong as his sister and suffered greatly because of the poisonous contaminant known as "mother". John recognises he has faults and weaknesses and is resigned to not overcoming them, unlike the Cuntess who does not recognise she has any faults. John is driven to fill his hollow life with "stuff" because his marriage is a tragedy from which he believes he cannot escape. I truly believe he wants to love his children and be closer to them, he just does not know how to and is constantly belittled when he tries to do so by the Cuntess. If only @empath could find a way to "dispose" of her which would not damage the environment.
  23. Maybe Darryl's butt needs "tickling" with a shillelagh rather than a scented soft feather @Ticklishboy30. Maybe you could release your inner-@Summerabbacat and deliver the blows "tickles" to said butt.
  24. Summerabbacat

    Homecoming

    No, no, no. You are not bad, you have written some truly horrible characters for sure (Crackhouse Chrissie, her detestable sister Ruby and her paedophile boyfriend to name but three). I am only referring to comments you make as a reader, which by my observation, are generally measured and without malice. You are rarely judgmental and usually try to see the good in people, my polar opposite.
  25. Summerabbacat

    Homecoming

    I knew you had it in you somewhere @Paladin, buried deep beneath your innate goodness and kindness, the capacity to say something less than "nice" about a character who deserves nothing but our contempt. Well done.
×
×
  • Create New...