-
Posts
8,359 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
Lorna appears awfully familiar with a 17 year old boy identifying himself as her employers' son. I assume Joshua bears little or no resemblance to Scott's parents as he bears little or no resemblance to Scott. Methinks Lorna may already be aware Joshua is not in fact Scott and is "playing" him at his own game. The question begs if this is the case, what is the purpose of the game? Was it just coincidental Lorna mentioned she has a gay son? Assuming she is telling the truth, does Lorna perhaps suspect Joshua is gay and she is "cruising" him for her son? Does Lorna have highly developed gaydar? What is it with bacon and eggs for breakfast @Wombat Bill? This breakfast seems to be universally promoted as a healthy breakfast for a fit and/or growing lad. All I can say of course is 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮.
-
Jonas' skepticism is perfectly understandable. Unlike Peter when he joined the National Hurricane Centre in Miami, Madeline does not have a proven track record of her special ability i.e. healing. I daresay if and when Colin has blood test results which indicate his leukaemia is in remission, Jonas may be more open to accepting Madeline has healing powers. One also has to remember Colin was previously in remission before the leukaemia returned again, and for this reason Jonas does not want to get his hopes up. He is a realist, whereas Colin and Emma are so desperate for a miracle they are more likely to be receptive to anything which offers hope, no matter how crazy it may seem. Another fine piece of writing @Lee Wilson
-
I have no sympathy for Sophia or Sarah, they are shallow, vain and completely lacking in compassion and principles. They chose what their father could provide for them over and above all else, without giving any further thought to Robby and what may have become of him. Furthermore, there is no suggestion they provided any comfort to their mother as she lay dying. It appears to have always been Tanner who tried to genuinely extend the olive branch to Robby and who provided any comfort to Amanda. As for their father, he is just a c#*t. For this reason I do have some sympathy for Tanner as I think he has always at least been aware that he "chose" the wrong path in life, a choice made from fear. I have some sympathy for Amanda too as it seems she lived a life in fear of her husband. What a shame she did not have or make the opportunity to murder him before her own death. I am a little confused though after reading this chapter @ChromedOutCortex. Early in the chapter Robby's reminisces "Life moves forward, as it does. Manny and I achieved many of our goals, both personal and professional. We built a home, started our careers, and eventually had children. We got married. Brandon, Kyle, and Ally brought so much joy into our lives, and before we knew it, we were grandparents. Watching our grandchildren run through the house filled a part of me I hadn’t realized was empty. Yet, even as the years brought love and happiness, the wounds my father left behind never fully healed." When Amanda and Tanner visit Vivian she mentions Robby and Tanner's children who at the time are children. Tanner attempts to call Robby on four occasions after visiting Vivian but is unable to speak when each of the children and then Robby himself answer the phone, once again gripped by fear. At the end of the chapter Tanner signs divorce papers to end his marriage to Cindy, suggesting he may be going to finally live his life rather than living the life his father "demanded" he live. There is a sense of hope at the end of the chapter, but if I have read Robby's reminisces correctly, it would seem Tanner never found the courage to contact Robby, at least up to the point where Robby now has grandchildren. I am hoping I have misunderstood as I believe Robby would welcome the "real" Tanner into his life, a welcome which would be beneficial not only for Robby and Tanner, but for Manny and his and Robby's children too.
-
My stepmother's name is Pamela @Mark Ponyboy Peters, but she is only ever referred to as Pam. For my sake, please DO NOT let this Pamela be referred to as anything other than Pamela.
-
Grandson Lectures Grandpa
Summerabbacat commented on Tallguyct's story chapter in Grandson Lectures Grandpa
I am glad Grandpa has taken on board Alan and Mason's concerns for his safety, concerns shared by Jason and Chris. As @drsawzall commented after the last chapter, there are "some very unsavoury folks out there". -
Not at all @empath. I looked it up on the 'net on Google which told me Cosa Nostra meant 'our thing' and that La Cosa Nostra was a name given to the Italian-American organised crime families by the American Government in the 1920's.
-
Have we seen it before or is it yet to come? If we have seen it before then my memory has FAILED me again.
-
"The overall ambience of the establishment was one of fashionable trampiness." A wonderful description @KKirk, I was thinking "prostitute chic", which is how a former female work colleague described a female colleague she had worked with, and not in an unkind or condescending way I might add, she was defending her against others who criticised her dress sense. "Hello boys" as spoken by Brandi in a voice similar to Jane Russell in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. Perfect @KKirk. I heard Brandi (whom I keep thinking of as Bambi) and she was ultra seductive. She is certainly barking up the wrong tree with Calvin, but as noted by the good doctor, @drsawzall, she may have a chance with Alan, particularly if her "cleavage was as long as Alan’s ass-crack". I also thought Alan was jealous of Jordan @VBlew, which I found hilarious. Alan, who constantly reminded Calvin he was not gay, that Calvin was merely several orifices to service his needs, is now projecting a different image from the one he cultivated. And what can I say about @drsawzall's posting above, other than it is so fitting and soooooooooooo moving. A fellow Massachusettsan, my absolute favourite female solo singer of all time, the late and great Donna Summer.
-
I am not suggesting Grayson disclose his rape and/or his being gay to anyone other than his father @Al Norris, and I am only suggesting this disclosure because I think Richard is aware something is being kept from him. I believe Richard may well feel as if his spouse and daughter have "ganged up" on him if he finds out later on what has happened, particularly if he finds out from a source other than his family, through town gossip. For all we know Tom Goodwin may have already started to spread rumours about Grayson, rumours which may find their way to Richard. Given Richard appears to be a homophobe, I believe the worst possible scenario would be him finding out Grayson is gay when a work colleague of Richard's expresses sympathy that he has a son who is a "poofter" or asks him if the rumour his son is a "poofter" is true. To blindside Richard like this would I believe exacerbate the problem, he would likely be angrier and more irrational than if Grayson and Felicity and perhaps Meaghan sat down with him and attempted to discuss it rationally. If Richard has a history of violence towards Felicity and/or the children I would not suggest this at all, but there has been nothing to date to suggest that this is the case. As for the rest of the town, it is none of their goddamned business, although I am almost certain the rumour mill will have started outside the workplace, particularly if Tom Goodwin, the boofhead footballer has been badmouthing Grayson. Gotta love that word "boofhead" @Mark Ponyboy Peters, so accurately descriptive.
-
Grayson is fortunate to have the support of Felicity (you have to give her a name @Mark Ponyboy Peters, although I do like Felicity), Uncle Bryan, Meaghan and Robbie in his family, and Rafael as a friend. Grayson should talk to Rafael as he indicated he has "fooled around" with guys, including Shane and Mike, so he well may have been tested himself and know where Grayson can go for discreet testing, which appears to be Grayson's main reluctance to undertake the testing. Whilst on the topic of Grayson's family being supportive and not disclosing what has happened to him to his father, I am beginning to wonder if Richard suspects something is being kept from him, and if once disclosed to him he will react more angrily and/or violently than if he had been told in the first instance. I certainly don't think Grayson should discuss it with him without someone else present, but I think the time has come for Grayson to disclose to his father what has happened to him. It will also take the pressure off Felicity, Meaghan and Robbie, to whom Grayson has been a little unfair I think, to keep a secret. A pivotal chapter I think @Mark Ponyboy Peters, with Grayson facing mounting "pressure" to face his demons so to speak. I think he will, particularly if he seeks and receives assistance from Rafael, which seems very likely.
-
Joshua's internal dialogue with Scott was amusing, although it will become less so if he ceases to realise at any point it is not real. Surprisingly, he does not seem to have body issues with his "very impressive bulge" and his "beautifully rounded arse", it is just the rest of his physique and appearance he is dissatisfied with. Joshua is certainly quick at thinking on his feet as demonstrated by his request to Lorna not to disclose to his "mother" he was home from school early and the reason for this. It was very fortunate for him that Lorna has not met Scott before. And Lorna, now there is an old-fashioned name I have not heard for many a year. A popular name for women born in 1930's to 1950's I think.
-
Breaking into and entering the home of his crush, stalking him and stealing his underwear are all symptomatic of someone with "issues", but the action which is the most telling as far as Justin's mental state is concerned is that he does not appear to like ABBA. Clearly he has major problems @chris191070 which could be easily fixed by listening to ABBA's nine studio albums, or a quick fix by listening to ABBA Gold and More ABBA Gold. This would abbasolutely solve all his problems, including his invisibility.
-
It appears "I'm coming, Oli ......." has resonated with many of us @empath, once again an illustration of the power of a few simple words chosen by a master craftsman. And congratulations on yet another top 10 placing for this story, #2 in the Most Read Mystery genre for the month ending 27/12/24.
- 18 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
Congratulations on your first top 10 hit @Paladin, #8 in the Most Read Mystery genre for the month ending 27/12/2024. Molly Meldrum would be very proud of you.
-
I know I did many stupid things in my teens @Philippe, binge drinking being the worst, which did not cease until I was well past my teens. By comparison, Joshua's "quirk" is relatively harmless thus far, with trespass and underwear theft being the worst of his crimes.
-
Beautiful words @Cane23, especially those in bold.
- 18 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Why is That Boy’s Skeleton Visible?
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Why is That Boy’s Skeleton Visible?
The lead singer's moniker would certainly give the band The Edge in names befitting the occasion. I am not fond of them as a whole, but have 2 of their albums, one which contains one of my favourite songs by them, a song which is a colour, a citrus fruit and also a product which is faulty, more often than not because it is poorly designed or poorly manufactured. That particular song may also be an appropriate one to choose for the funeral, solely for its title though. -
Why is That Boy’s Skeleton Visible?
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Why is That Boy’s Skeleton Visible?
I have had another thought @weinerdog. In recognition of the significant contribution said bone(r) has made to society, well at least to a certain demographic within society as a whole although only you know how significant, should said bone not be honoured or recognised formally by admission into the Dead Boners Society. If it is good enough for dead poets to have their own society, then surely dead boners deserve something equally prestigious. -
Why is That Boy’s Skeleton Visible?
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Why is That Boy’s Skeleton Visible?
Will there be a wake held for @weinerdog's bone and should a donation in lieu of flowers be made to a "suitable" charity such as BEDUSA (Boner Erectile Dysfunction USA)? Given your apparent fondness for metal music @Lee Wilson, perhaps a song by Limp Bizkit might be apropos. I don't know any of their songs, but their name would seem fitting for the death of a boner. -
I am curious @empath if you deliberately omitted the word "La" from the chapter title?
-
Maybe Scott acquired the cock ring to keep him very hard for extended periods of time without ejaculating, potentially increasing his endurance and maintaining his qi, both of which would likely help him in his swimming. Then again, maybe he just likes being very hard for extended periods of time because it makes him feel abbasolutely fabulous, which also would likely help him in his swimming. The question which remains is, will Joshua find a butt-plug, dildo or anal beads, or maybe a bottle of amyl nitrate amongst Scott's accoutrements, and if so, will he use them to "bring him closer to Scott"?
-
Have the green P plates only been introduced since 1981 @Mark Ponyboy Peters as I don't remember having them, mind you I have not driven a car since January 1985 and rarely am even a passenger in a car?
-
"Joshua dragged himself off to his first class and removed his badge before entering. He dropped it into the waste bin, then sat at the back of the class where he would get the usual amount of attention he expected - none." I had a great deal of sympathy for Joshua when I read this sentence. He went and spoiled it though with this appalling thought "Scott’s music collection was given the tick of approval, except the ABBA albums. He could not reconcile why someone of his age would like this music." Joshua may have good taste in men, but his taste in music clearly leaves much to be desired (LOL). Joshua's invasion of Scott's home whilst not done with any intent of theft or destruction, is indicative of his low-self esteem. Joshua clearly understands what he is doing is essentially breaking and entering which could result in charges being laid against him, but his obsession with Scott appears to nullify his commonsense and sense of propriety. An interesting premise @Wombat Bill, but Joshua has done himself no favours by questioning Scott's tase in music, which in some respects is clearly vastly superior to Joshua's.
-
I am very pleased Dominic De Luca's intentions to "take care of" Roger Cicero (or words to that effect) were noble, there was no intent of malice or harm of any kind. I am somewhat surprised he has sought to entrust the care of his great-grandsons to Roger, but I am not shocked he has done so. Dominic is clearly no fool and his request to Roger is further vindication of Roger's suitability as a parent and protector. In return, Dominic will engage Santino and I imagine any other mafioso connections he has to identify those who are the despicable Deck of Cards and hopefully find more boys to rescue in the process. Given Dominic's disgust at the boyflesh trade I doubt he will do anything to jeopardise the rescue of the boys e.g. eliminate anyone identified as being one of the Deck of Cards, at least whilst any boys remain missing. “I’m coming, Oli,” the boy whispered out the small window as the plane lifted off the tarmac and into the sky." With that one simple sentence my tears erupted @empath. Jasper may be the key to restoring Oliver to the boy he once was, even if only in part. There were so many other moving statements or events in this chapter, but none moreso than this. Extraordinarily powerful writing @empath, this chapter maintaining, even surpassing the last chapter which I thought could not be bettered.
- 18 comments
-
- 20
-
-
-
The word is out, and the word is ...... GAY. No more dancing around the issue, sidestepping the mutual attraction, misinterpreting the other's words or actions. Calvin and Jeremy have taken that step and confided in each other and sealed the declaration of "boyfriend" with some light kisses. Jeremy's final thought brought tears to my tired eyes "I can hardly wait to tell Mom—and Dad." I daresay Ken may shed a tear too when Jeremy addresses him as Dad for the first time, which I believe will be relatively soon. An action-packed chapter with several milestone events. Very well written @ChromedOutCortex, completely believable with just the right amount of teenage angst.
