Jump to content

Cane23

Members
  • Posts

    4,190
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cane23

  1. Cane23

    Outsider

    Mystery deepens - the missing picture means somebody knew that Lawrence had it, knew where it was hidden, and, finally, had the time to take it. The other thing is the book... It makes me think about how much easier it is nowadays to find someone on the internet. Back then, it must have been like looking for a needle in a haystack. Now, I’m really looking forward to the naked wrestling initiation! It’s going to be very hot... and physical... Naked Lawrence, with his “snake” between his legs, against Anton... Or is that too low-class for Anton? Maybe Norris - he’s the brute in gloves! Hmm... or maybe all three together?! 😁 And Sun King enjoying the view!
  2. Even before this chapter, I was thinking that, once they reach the ranch, it would be nice for each couple to have a home of their own. Not because the house would be too crowded, or because I have anything against the tribe, but because I thought it would be lovely for both couples to build their own families - a little slice of normality at a time when gay men couldn’t always count on having that.
  3. Cane23

    Chapter 26

  4. Cane23

    Chapter 18

    Jealousy? Yes, but... What struck me the most was Troy's award acceptance speech. He thanked everyone - from God to the office cleaner (I'm deliberately exaggerating) - but forgot to mention his fiancé. The person who stood by his side and supported him through all those years in real life. If I were Owen, I'd be hurt. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but it would still hurt.
  5. Cane23

    Pompeii

    This is actually amazing character exploration. Humans are such complex beings. The first thing that really caught my attention is the way you weave in those subtle twists. You mentally prepare me for a story about cheating, only to introduce the concept of an open relationship instead. Suddenly, Brick's sexual relationship with Vincent is morally justified, but emotionally everything becomes much more complicated. It's Vincent who keeps asking the personal questions, constantly pushing Brick's personal boundaries - and even the boundaries of his marriage. At the same time, Vincent reveals very little. He keeps his marriage almost "untouchable," protecting that part of himself from Brick. Then comes the turning point. When Brick realizes there's still a spark of passion and intimacy between him and his husband, and the scene of two men united in death at Pompeii raise the real question - on the day of doom, who do I want to be with? - we see the bond between Brick and his husband grow even stronger. And @Boy Mercury X leaves us with one final question hanging in the air - is it finally time to talk about closing the relationship?
  6. Cane23

    Chapter 25

    Of course, Dio and Raithion can't let Azula leave for Sura Island - there's a marriage to arrange! 😉
  7. I’d like to formally introduce this young man, Kurtis West, as my son.” A few months later, I found out he wouldn’t ever be acting as anything.
  8. Cane23

    Chapter 22

    It's incredible how lousy Brandon is at reading people and their character. Then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised. A man so obsessed with himself, with an ego bigger than a mountain, will naturally underestimate everyone else.
  9. Cane23

    Chapter 18

    So, you did leave the throuple possibility open after all... Actually, now that I think about it, you left every possibility open!
  10. That one has already been written!
  11. I really love your versatile characters, @Laura S. Fox! I’m really hoping we’ll get to see Lawrence - a grizzly bear who turns into a teddy bear for his Sun King. 😉
  12. Cane23

    Chapter 21

    Time for Niran to spend some time with Kaleo’s family. Niran is going to charm them all!
  13. I was thinking the same thing - Veridien's Sunday service is like intellectual Chinese water torture! 😜
  14. Cane23

    Chapter 17

    My brain short-circuited at that ending. I have no notes, only demands for the next chapter.
  15. Cane23

    Chapter 20

    What a chapter! Haha, you could have easily split this one into three! Kaleo really puts on a performance when he's angry and drinking. It’s just a pity the furniture took more of a beating than Brandon did! Speaking of Brandon… what an idiot. You don't call a man's partner a slut while begging him for money!
  16. Cane23

    The Pentagon

    Even if it turns out that Major isn't Kurtis's biological father (which I highly doubt), they’ve passed the point of no return - Major is definitely going to have to adopt him! 😁
  17. Cane23

    Chapter 19

    What was that, Kaleo?
  18. They would be happy with anything, as long as they are together - safe and happy. What they found was more than they could have hoped for, a true reward for their good hearts and courage
  19. https://scales.arabpsychology.com/trm/jocasta-complex/
  20. I'm wondering, is this really a happy ending?! I've seen a mom type like Diane a few times, and I must say, it didn't end well for those couples (though all were heterosexual). Even the concept - liking that her son is gay just because it means she stays the only woman in his life...is a bit much! This relationship is still in an early stage, but in my opinion, it can only succeed if Nate sets some firm boundaries. As long as it's just one or two weeks a year, that can be manageable. But what if Diane decides she wants more? She'll never get enough of her son!
  21. Cane23

    Chapter 16

  22. Cane23

    Chapter 16

    Nice try...but I just don't see it happening! 😉 By the way, the first doubt didn't occur with the YouTube video; it came with Troy's hesitation to organize the wedding at the ranch. Because if the ranch is secluded, then Troy isn't all-in on the marriage with his whole heart. There is still something Troy isn't ready to share with Owen.
×
×
  • Create New...