Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 497 Words
  • 1,572 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

JUMP! NaPoWriMo 2022 - 2. Week 1

1.

Do you remember Peter

who turned out to be a cheater?

He had to live all alone

had to sleep on his own

and become much neater.

 

Then he met Franz

who had such capable hands

and a wonderful mind

was exceptionally kind

and always in command.

Prompt: Perhaps today a shorty or two for warm-ups.

 

2.

Bulging buds full of

petals waiting keenly to

blast their confinements.

 

Clear dewdrops help to

grow gossamer petticoats

in the early light.

 

(Eyes: Looking, Seeing prompt)

 

3.

I saw

a hat flying

driven by gusts of wind,

seemingly tumbled by unseen hands.

Gone.

 

I saw

it back on his head,

sitting jauntily tilted,

a bluebird’s feather added to its band.

Found.

 

I saw

A second man laughing,

two pieces of pastries in his hands,

sending his friend to the coffee stand winking.

Date.

(Begin every line or short stanza with “I Saw” or something similar. List what was seen.)

 

4.

Smiling through a hurricane is easy.

If you can't look beyond your snotty nose,

grab a hanky when it gets too sneezy,

and—it blows.

Prompt (Let your poem be about getting beyond yourself and your self-involvement.)

 

5.

A fragile web that prevents us from slipping off the brink,

with a tie-in to the future.

Hope.

Prompt (Write a poem about Hope. What is it? Does it save and inspire us? Naysayers say it only placates?)

 

6.

Jacky, a poodle, apricot, eye-roll, she died on my fifteenth birthday from a seizure, kinda ironic.

Tim, another poodle, light gray, of course the breeder called it silver, with a very long name and the perfect pedigree. He was a rascal, an imp; he carried branches three times bigger than him. He howled with the foghorns, projecting his forbearers the wolves. One time he peed against an electric fence, ouch! Muddy and sandy was his answer to being a noble dog. We had to let him go because of his old age eventually.

Ferdi, Italian, red-gold, we determined. He hid under our camping bus from a storm. When we opened the door, he hopped in, chose us and we him. He strolled over the rainbow bridge a few days before Christmas.

Sole, yellow-gold, rat hunter, un dingo in miniature*, she never gave up, whatever fate dished out. Almost eighteen years old, she had enough and went on to the eternal hunting grounds.

Nox, big lug, cuddle bear, arm extender, guardian, companion, I miss you so much.

Prompt: (Write about a dog you’ve loved or one with whom you have had a significant encounter.)

 

7.

The solid planet-blue essence

distilled from a perfect moment,

reservoir of effervescence

extends a life key component

to last longer.

Prompt: (Write a moment, a poem of one single moment, that stands like a picture in your mind. Or start with this moment, this present now, and take a picture with words to preserve it.)

I jumped right in this year.
Thank you for taking the time to read my words. Any reaction is very much appreciated.
~Aditus
:thankyou: @Valkyrie for your help, even though there's other stuff you have to do.
For those who didn't remember Peter, or never read about him, you can meet him here
Copyright © 2022 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Aditus

Posted (edited)

@dughlas. Our pups--they're hunting celestial squirrels now, and each other. Thank you dugh. :hug:  

Edited by Aditus
  • Love 4
Link to comment

I loved your first week. I was especially taken by the hat you saw flying, and it’s owner on a date.  I also liked Franz with the capable hands. That phrase will stick with me all day. 

  • Love 5
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

You already know my thoughts on these, but I think 3 and 5 are my favorites.  And the dogs, of course :hug: 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

That phrase will stick with me all day. 

  I'm glad you liked the first week. I love wearing hats and sometimes my mind spins  what-if stories. Maybe Franz and Peter will return next year. ;)
 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
raven1

Posted (edited)

Loved them all.  I'm with dughlas about the pups.  Our furry friends are just the best.  I have the same hope as you, that our friends are chasing squirrels and each other.

Edited by raven1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Loved them all.  I'm with dughlas about the pups.  Our furry friends are just the best.  I have the same hope as you, that are friends are chasing squirrels and each other.

Thank you, for reading my poems, It makes me happy you liked them. :)

Yes they are the wild hunt. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

A memory to share with you, Aditus about the word gossamer: a late Chief Rabbi said in a group session that I was fortunate to attend; “ Civilisation is passed on through the gossamer thread of memory.”  For over 30 yrs that phrase has inspired me as a teacher.  
regards Gary L

  • Love 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Gary L said:

“ Civilisation is passed on through the gossamer thread of memory.”

So true. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..