Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 537 Words
  • 583 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

JUMP! NaPoWriMo 2022 - 4. Chapter 4 Week 3

16.

But O heart! heart! heart!

O the bleeding drops of red,

The heart, a mysterious organ,

Sometimes a simple pump,

Sometimes it’s in the eyes,

Some days it’s chocolaty.

Sometimes it’s even called soul.

When it stops, life ends.

Prompt: (Talk about the heart, your own or the heart in general, as reality or as metaphor.)

Quote: O Captain! My Captain! by Walt Whitman.

 

17.

They met in a non-existent room

just for a non-committal, sexy chat.

A seed began to bloom,

When he left, Bird had a clear picture of THECat.

They saw each other with words often after that.

Bird realized he’d never be able to recognize THECat,

even if they sat across the same table, the thought made him suddenly sad.

Could he cross this roadway, in disregard of socially-accepted traffic rules and suitable crossing points, a.k.a. cafés, bars, or even the workplace, and become an adventuresome jaywalker?

Prompt: (In your poem have someone be crossing the road.)

 

18.

I once knew a boy from Berlin,

who loved his expensive gin,

he loved me and many,

he liked ‘em big an’ veiny,

At the station, I went off with a grin.

 

I once knew a boy from Cologne

who could be Berlin boy's clone

instead of gin, he preferred Lynn

over me, which was his only sin.

For farewell, I kindly got blown.

 

I once knew a boy from Düsseldorf

who turned out to be a mesomorph

he trained all day

his eyes were gray

We tearfully parted at the wharf.

Prompt: (You might write about any sort of escape or near miss.)

 

19.

It withered away unperceived,

bought at a tacky tourist shop,

carried over the Atlantic Ocean, the Mediterranean Sea, the Alps, to my garden, where it died.

 

Now your brother or sister, who had a way more unspectacular voyage to me than you, from the garden center to my desk, sits here, shiny, dark green leaves on a thick shaggy trunk.

I promise to watch over you, water you adequately, bring you to the window, and read poems to you.

Occasionally, I’ll even bring you to the garden for the wind to blow away the cat hair.

 

20.

Gran always told me, that whenever they had to hide in the bunker, everyone took food or their favorite toys. But not her sister. She always took her favorite books.

I guess, through many ways, cell divisions and recombination, a part of her DNA landed with me.

Ciao Liese.

Prompt: (Let your poem celebrate books and your love of books, now or when you were a child)

 

21.

The pond is the sky

feathery clouds drift on blue

two bird shadows squawk.

The river ripples

grey, angry waves crash against

its bank, the rain raves.

 

Your eyes are hidden

behind those blue sunglasses

showing me squinting.

Prompt: (Let there be a mirror in your poem. You will see yourself or something behind you.)

 

22.

Qeqertaq Avannarleq (northernmost island).

was hidden under meters of thick Arctic ice.

A synonym of our pending demise?

Are we Icarus?

Prompt: (Somehow your poem will include an island, a real or a metaphoric one.)

I almost didn't complete this weeks poems. There were too many thoughts to distill into words. I'm not sure I will keep all of them, but that too is poetry month for me.
I'm very grateful for reading my poems, every reaction or comment is appreciated, especially this week.
Thank you.
~Aditus
:thankyou: @Valkyrie:hug:
Copyright © 2022 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

I'm glad you finished the week :hug:  The mirror poem particularly struck me.  I can picture it clearly.  

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

April 21 had me from the first line. I delighted in how the prompt was used. April 19 was lovely and perhaps melancholy, too. Any limerick containing Düsseldorf would get my attention. I liked your trio very much. April 17 won me over for its story and the way you turned crossing the road into a modern metaphor. Thanks for sharing these!

  • Love 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Any limerick containing Düsseldorf would get my attention.

Haha, it's funny in how many movies and shows Düsseldorf is mentioned, and I had to slip in my birthplace somehow. 

I'm glad you liked my week. #17, is a favorite of mine, too. Thank you for your comment.

Edited by Aditus
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Limerick me tickled with a bone full of funny

Some gin and a grin... right on the money

Too many a vein...?!?

His want did not wane!

What came to a head was quite punny

 

Loved your Limerick😂... obviously, and 17 was awesome!

Enjoyed your offerings molto!

  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

@RafaelDe Grazie tante. 

Obviously, LOL Thank you for taking the time and writing a comment. Limericks just happen this year. ;)

  • Love 4
Link to comment

18 was great fun. Really great fun. 19 resonated to this amateur gardener. I found Ciao Liebe very touching. 17... I wonder how many of us have been tempted to cross that road? Another superb week, Adi!

  • Love 4
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, Headstall said:

18 was great fun. Really great fun.

Soo, really fun? Haha, this kinda happened I just couldn't stop. :D

31 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Another superb week, Adi!

Thank you very much, Gary. :)

  • Love 4
Link to comment

All is great with these great poems.  I had a great deal of laughs and amusement with the limerick.  Ciao Liese was beautiful and my personal favourite.  I did love the garden poem, since it hit home with me. Especially the line about using the wind to remove cat hair.  

Link to comment
23 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Ciao Liese was beautiful and my personal favourite

It makes me very happy that you like Ciao Liese, she was a very special woman.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..